The Best Birthday Gift

The Blonde Hair Guy

         

 

          The next day, I woke up extremely early to get ready and meet Daehyun. I decided to wear something simple yet elegant and nice. My heart was full of anxiety and nervousness thinking about his birthday surprise. What if the plan went wrong? What if Daehyun won't like it? I decided to brush the thoughts away and made my way to have a little breakfast before moving off.

          "Noona, where are you going?" Jiyong rubbed his eyes and took a seat at the dining table. I beamed at the small figure, "Going to meet your favourite hyung. It's his birthday today Jiyong ah"

         The little boy's eyes sparkled when I mentioned Daehyun and he stood up from his seat. "It's his birthday?! Why didn't you tell me noona, I could buy him something!" Jiyong pouted and whined. I chuckled at the little boy's whining and pinched his cheeks, "Kwaenchana, you can celebrate with me. Want to follow me after this?" Jiyong's tired eyes suddenly lit up and he beamed, "Yes yes! I'll get ready now!" I smiled and shook my head.

          Jiyong must really liked Daehyun. Whenever I mentioned Daehyun's name, he would instantly stop whatever he is doing and turned his attention to the topic. He would always persuade me to meet Daehyun again. I ate the bread and waited for Jiyong to dress up. After we were done, I took a last look at the mirror to assure that I looked presentable to Daehyun. "Jiyong ah, kaja" I took Jiyong by the hand and closed the front door.

         The both of us walked hand in hand to the park while waiting for Daehyun to arrive. Jiyong ran towards the playground as soon as he saw it. "Take care of yourself and don't follow any stranger alright!" I warned Jiyong. Then, there was a light vibration on my phone, "We're at Himchan's house already. Tell us when you're coming. Fighting~" Yongguk sent a message to me.

          I smiled and replied him. As I was waiting for Daehyun at the bench, I took a last glance at my bag, ensuring that the watch for Daehyun's present is there and a box of his favourite chocolates. Suddenly, a pair of warm hands covered my eyes.

          "Guess who~" Daehyun echoed through my ear. I chuckled, "Aigoo, the birthday boy seems to be in a good mood today" Daehyun gave a quick peck on my cheeks and sat beside me. Daehyun grabbed my palms and interlaced it with his. "I missed you jagiya.." Daehyun rubbed my palms with his thumb and looked at me.

           My gaze softened, "Nado. You were so busy and we didn't have time to see each other that much. Must be hard for you right?" I leaned my head onto his shoulders. "Yeah it is. But, it's my job. It's a good thing that we were able to meet today" Daehyun leaned in to kiss my cheeks and I blushed. "You know, your favourite dongsaeng is here too" I told Daehyun and stood up.

          Out of nowhere, loud squeals was heard and Jiyong's pitchy voice was heard, "Daehyun hyung!" Jiyong spread his arms widely and slammed his small body onto Daehyun's chest. Daehyun laughed heartily and ruffled the boy's hair. "How have you been little fella? Hyung missed you." Daehyun leaned in to pinch the boy's chubby cheeks.

         Jiyong wriggled away from Daehyun's grip and grinned toothily, "Jiyong missed you too. Ah hyung, happy birthday! I hope you'll have a great day today!" Jiyong leaned in and kissed his hyung's cheeks. Daehyun beamed at his dongsaeng and grabbed him into a tight hug. "Aigoo, gomawo Jiyong ah. You're the best!" I looked at the boys conversation and twinkled my eyes.

         Daehyun looked really fatherly when he is with a kid. He looked really matured and I have a really soft spot for that. I admired everytime Daehyun would enjoy and interact with kids. It made him look matured and I would fall him every single time. Suddenly, Daehyun took me by the wrist and he brought me to the swings. We sat down on the swings and enjoyed the moment.

          I broke the silence and said, "Oppa, do you want to hear a story?" Daehyun looked at me and nodded. I cleared my throat and continued.

          "There was once a girl who was lost and alone. She felt that no one was there for her and that she was just a nobody. Everybody saw her as the newbie and she didn't have that much friends. She was always alone and tends to swallow her own problems. Nobody even bothered to understand her life that time." I paused and looked at Daehyun.

            Daehyun looked down and smiled. "But her world changed. She found this guy who was full of mystique and she once thought that he was a weirdo and had a bad attitude. She got to know him better and he wasn't as bad as she thought he would be. The girl had been suffering a lot and she never thought that this guy who was full of secrets would open up to her." Daehyun's eyes twinkled and his voice cracked, "Hajima, I'm going to cry"

          "She always denied that she love this guy. She also knew that she won't even have the chance to be his one and only girl.." My words were cut off when Daehyun interrupted. "Can I continue the story?" I smiled sweetly at him and nodded. "But the girl was wrong. The guy had feelings for her too. The guy was also the same as her, he would always deny that he liked her. But soon, he understood his true feelings and decided that he should do something about it. The girl didn't know that she was the reason why the guy would always look forward going to school. She doesn't know that the she was the one who is able to make his heart and stomach flutter without any definite reason. But most of all.." Daehyun took me by the hand and said, "The girl doesn't know that she is a part of his life. She meant a lot to him. The couple had a lot of misunderstandings but they went through it. The guy couldn't ask for more." My eyes started becoming teary and I looked Daehyun in the eyes.

          "The guy doesn't know that he was a part of her life too. She would do anything for him. She didn't know how to show her gratitude to him after all the things that he did for her." I put my hand inside my bag and took out the watch's box. "This may be small oppa but.. Happy birthday my Busan Won Bin" I kissed his forehead deeply and handed him the box. Daehyun tried his best not to cry and he opened the box, only to be greeted by a wonderful sequined diamond couple watch. "I also have one oppa" I flashed Daehyun the other couple watch that I was wearing on my wrist.

           Daehyun choked on his own tears and sniffed. "A-and the girl doesn't know that this is just enough. Loving her and making her as his life was a great present for him. Yoora, thank you so much." Daehyun stood up and slid his arms into my waist. I let out a stray tear and clung onto his neck. "Happy birthday oppa, I love you" I turned and kissed his plump lips passionately. The both of us kissed deeply and fought for dominance.

          Daehyun's eyes twinkled and his tears fell one by one. I wiped it away with my thumb and pecked his lips one more time. "C'mon, I have another surprise for you" I winked and took him by the wrist. Daehyun held Jiyong's wrist and grabbed me by the waist. The three of us trudged together to Himchan's house when Daehyun said, "Where are you taking me?" Jiyong chuckled, "It's a secret!"

           I tapped the bridge of Daehyun's nose and said, "You'll love it oppa" Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows and leaned in for another passionate kiss.

 

here you go guys! 

I really hope you guys like this chapter!

Please comment and give me feedbacks of what you think about the overall fanfic! :*