Fireworks

Thought We Were Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 months of pregnancy is a challenge to the couple, especially to the one who always keeps her cool side to people. If there is a word to describe her first pregnancy, it would definitely be disaster. The child is as fierce as her mother, kicking, spinning around, almost did a breakdacnce in her stomach if she has to describe the action. Other than that, hormone changes make the mother become unbelievably easily irritated. Any tiny mistakes or imperfection would also cause the mother to go mad, shouting at people. Her wife is not an exception of course. The short hair wife tries her best to endure all vexatious conduct from her wife as she knows it is all about her hormone. She knows it well, but still sometimes she gets frustrated because of that. Sometmies she wonders why her wife cannot understand how much she tries to make her happy, make everything perfect for her. She has no idea why pregnancy can be that hard for both of them. Just one month left, their baby girl Spencer will come to the earth, sharing joy with them. Spencer is a male name but still Gayoon wants to use that name for their daughter as she hopes her daughter will be just tough, tough enough to fight against all the unhappiness, just like her.

And today is another day for the mother gets irritated because of her perfectionism. The baby girl kicking in her tummy, brings her pain. Today is not a good start for Gayoon, at least not this morning. She wakes up from pain, frowning and whining. Finding the empty bed, she looks around and sees where her short hair girl is. Empty room. Using her hands to support her body to get off their bed, she drags her heavy body out of the room. The aroma of toast and hot milk fills the house. She finds her wife in striped long sleeve shirt with light yellow shorts is cooking breakfast for her. Smiles forms on her face. Her body slowly leads her to the cooking girl, hugs her from the back.

“Morning.” The older wife pecks a kiss on her neck, smiling into the kiss. Focusing on her cooking, the latter one grins as she feels good to have her morning kiss like this even they had a big fight last night because of stupid things but still she is afraid that her wife might get hurt in the kitchen area; thus, she has no choice but to turn around and push her away.

“Babe, I don’t want you to hurt here. Just have your seat and wait for your breakfast okay?” She pecks a kiss before taking her to the table, but her wife pouts.

“It’ll be quick.” Jiyoon smiles, heading back to her spot. After a few minutes, breakfast is done, placed on the table.The short girl finds her seat opposite her wife, just to make sure that she can stare at her beautiful wife all the time. They start enjoying breakfast silently, smiling at themselves.

“Honey, I’ll be going out to get some food from the supermarket, do you wanna come with me?” The girl with wavy hair wants to answer but gets cut off by her phone. She picks up the phone annoyingly.

“Yes?! Gosh don’t you bother me with such stupid things okay? Try to fix it before calling! I bet you didn’t even think before calling, did you? Next time if you dare to bother me for such stupid things, you’ll be FIRED!” The girl drops her phone hard.

This is something the short hair wife never wants. She hates to see her wife getting so irritated, probably unresonable to anyone, especially to her colleagues. Her face turns dark after hearing the conversation.

“Babe, I bet your assistant must be having a tough time about her work, that’s why she calls you. Maybe you can…treat her…a little bit…better? You know it’s not feeling good to get scolded like that, babe.” The short hair girl tries to make things sound soft, sound nice as she knows her wife is easily irritated.

She knows that she’d better shut up but another side of her tells her that she should stop her or her wife will eventually lose her best employees. However, her kindess seems to get bashed any second.

“What’s your point?” The wavy hair girl questions her with anger.

“Nothing…” Jiyoon’s voice becomes weaker.

“Do you know how hard I tried to hold myself? You have no idea how stupid she is…She kept asking me this asking me that! Gosh...can’t she see that I’m resting…I’m having my holidays. I just want a break from my work! And it’s my fault huh?” She throws harsh words to the short hair girl who remains silence. “What? Now you keep your mouth shut?” She lets out a sarcastic laugh, putting down her tableware, staring at her wife.

“I don’t want to start a fight again. We already had a big one last night.” The younger wife replies calmly, without looking at her wife.

Her heart tightens, she does not want to start a fight but it actually starts at the moment her wife acts to rude to her. Gently wiping with tissue, Jiyoon stands up and puts the dish into the sink, walking back to their room. The girl passing her by, the guilty girl finally speaks up.

“I’m sorry, Jiyoon. I…” Her hand supports her forehead, she lets out a sigh. It softens her heart. She walks back to her wife, hugging her from aside.

“I know…It’s all your hormone. I understand. Just try to stay calm to your employees okay? We both know they are very helpful, right?” She brushes her hands against her arms, comforting her. The latter one nods with guilt.

“I love you. I’m going out to buy some food. Stay at home and wait for your wife, okay?” She asks with smiles. The wife with pregnancy smiles back and nods.

Jiyoon leaves her wife to the supermarket, but before that, she somehows drives to somewhere else. Entering a building, taking an elevator to the basement, she pushes the door open, waits aside for her friend who is wrapping up for her dancing class.

“Okay, kids. Enough for today. Go home and practice, remember that! See you next time.” The bruntte waves at her students, noticing her former group member standing at the door side. The pinkish short hair girl gives her a smile, a bitter one and the younger one already knows something is wrong here.

“It must be about Gayoon unnie again.” She thinks while walking towards her.

“Hey” The dancing teacher smiles.

“Hey back. Do…”

“Yes.” She replies without waiting for her to finish, making her unnie shocked with her lips parted. “I understand what you’re trying to say. Heart-to-heart time right?” She chuckles.

The pink head cannot help but chuckle together, wondering how this kid knows her so well, sometimes even better than her wife does. Both girls rest on the couch.

“Bye kids.” Sohyun waves at the kids for the last time before shifting her sight back on her unnie. Wiping off her sweat, she starts packing her bag while starting a conversation with Jiyoon.

“What happened to Gayoon unnie? You two had a fight again I bet.” She steals a glance from her then focuses on packing again.

“You know it’s her hormone again. She scolded at her assistant and she knows she does not have to do that.” Words sound sad from the pinkish hair girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter