My Wedding Ceremony

Thought We Were Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gayoon POV

 

Smiles forming on my face, I know that woman brings me happiness, but also pain. Looking outside of the apartment, all I see is the beautiful country-side view, the forest with a river dividing the place I live and the forest. It’s so close yet so far, just like me and her… We live so close yet so far for our hearts. It has been almost a month since I have lived here, Brazil, for my wedding. Jiyoon and I invited a group of people who are really close to us, our families, members and some close friends. Jiyoon did not want this, she wanted it big, a huge wedding for me.

However, my family is against such idea due to the so-called fame. As the newspaper reported, my family is big and rich. They do not accept any negative news to affect their business. A daughter of A CEO in charge of the lead of the wood industry is homoual, which brings nothing but only shocks and obstacles to the company. But what matters to me is only my girl, Jeon Jiyoon, the one I have a fighting for my life. No one can stop me, no one can take her from me, no one can break us down, especially not after I already lost Hyuna, not after that I have scarified everything for Jiyoon. Our love path was tough, but we still managed to get it through, at least Jiyoon did not give up on me when my love for her was leaking. Not only my family went against this relationship but also Jiyoon’s parents, they did not welcome me when I meet them at some dinner time.

What we can do is to convince them, is to show them, is to prove it to them. To prove that we can overcome everything, to prove that we are meant to be, to prove that we would do whatever we can for our marriage, we eventually made it to this stage, to here, Brazil, where I choose to hold our wedding ceremony.

Brazil marks the sign of our success. Once we had the United Cube Concert, the Brazil went crazy for us and they never forgot about us. I will never forget the day that we received love and supports from the crowd who were there for us, 4Minute, instead of our oppas, Beast. Since we cannot make an announcement of our marriage to our fans, I would like to choose a place where brought me joy and thrill. What makes it significant to me is that Brail is the place that I know me and Jiyoon would become a sub-unit, 2Yoon. This project changed my life and I am thankful for this.

Staring at the mirror, I smile at myself, smile at the bride now. Someone knocking the door again, it is Jihyun unnie.

“Gayoon, it’s about time to leave.”

“I’m coming.” I shout. Taking a last glance at the mirror, I leave the house with the girls to the church, Catedral de Sé, the biggest church in the biggest city of Brazil.

 

The moment I step out of the car, people on the street show their envy and amazement. Jihyun smiles at me and fixes my dress and hair.

“Today you are the main character of your movie, your 2Yoon movie. And your movie starts today until death. Treasure every moment you’re having and you will have with Jiyoon. Be a good wife.” She emphasizes the last sentence which actually means something else. I know exactly what she means deep down there as she is the only one who knows about me and Hyuna, who even almost witnessed it occurred.

Getting the final preparation for my wedding ceremony, I stay at the bride’s waiting room with a bunch of bridesmaids wandering around me, worrying about the wedding ceremony if it will go well. And I am actually the one who stays calm about my own wedding.

“Gayoon ah, how come you just sit here? Don’t you do something?” Soyu asks with nervousness.

I chuckle at her reaction. “What should I do? I thought waiting is enough for me to do so.”

Someone my hair softly and I turn around to see who it is.

“Mom” I am a bit shocked since our relationship sort of went bad after me bringing the marriage up to her. She smiles, sitting in front of me.

“You’re the bride today and you look so beautiful, my daughter.” The bridesmaids all leave us alone for a talk.

“Thank you, mom.” I grin at her.

“Gayoon ah…” She starts to my hair again. “Are you happy with her?”

My mom’s question indeed shocks me for another time. My smiles freeze, frowns are forming on my face. “Why do you ask that? Of course I’m happy with Jiyoon.” I smile awkwardly without myself knowing.

“You don’t look like one. Somehow my instinct tells me that there’s something hidden from you.”

It would be a lie if someone told me that she is not my mom. But back then, is it obvious? “I do love her, mom. She’s the one I want.” At least Jiyoon is the one I want right now, right this moment.

“I hope my instinct is wrong then.” She forces a smile, standing up and ready to leave. “

“Mom…”She turns around and looks at me softly.

“Thanks for coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter