Damaged

Thought We Were Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can I tag along?” Maknae’s words make the couple stunned.

It is sure that Jiyoon wants Sohyun to join them but she is struggling as well since she now has a girlfriend and she restrains herself from acting all excited about whatever Sohyun said to her. However, Gayoon does not feel the same. The brown haired girl only feels nothing other than pissed off. She gives the girl a glare but the younger girl does not notice that. Sohyun has been interrupting her all the time, from Jeju Island trip to their little date now. The leader can feel the tension and awkwardness between her members and decided to step in. 

“Maknae, why don’t you hang out with me?” She slightly pats her kid, smiling at her.

“Yea…It’s our date, maknae.” Jiyoon said awkwardly. Gayoon knows that Jiyoon is still into the youngest girl and cannot stand that no matter how hard she tried, Jiyoon is still not completely hers. The maknae nods at the leader like a kid. Since the moment Jiyoon decided to be with Gayoon, she learnt to read Gayoon’s face to just know whether the girl is pissed, worried, happy, or what… Now, she can read it as angry. She quickly wraps her arms around her waist, hugging her.

“Gayoon ah, why don’t we get changed now so that we could start our date soon?” Jiyoon tries her best to make the girl smile. Fortunately, she manages to do so. The brown haired girl hugs her back, grinning at her.

“Okay…I’ll go and get changed.”

“Maknae you should get changed as well. We’ll be going out for shopping and for food!”

“Yayyy!” Sohyun tries to live up the mood for her sister.

 

Jiyoon drives Gayoon to a beach where reminds her of the scene happened in the trip before. Her face darkens.

“Why are you bringing me here?” Her face tells that she does not like here. Jiyoon does not say anything, instead, she holds her hand, dragging her to the beach, walking together, sharing the silence between them. Gayoon at first follows her girlfriend but then she stops at her spot, holding her girl back.

“Why are you bringing me here?” She asks once again, but this time she sounds way more serious. Jiyoon is still smiling at her, holding her hand, turning her body to her.

“Coz I wanna have a walk with my girlfriend?” She grins at her gently. Gayoon is not satisfied with the answer as she still gives her girl a straight face. Jiyoon stops curling up , acting serious now.

“Alright. I planned to give it to you after the walk but I guess you won’t be moving a bit after listening to my explanation right?” Gayoon makes a “Duh” face to her.

“I know I’ve hurt you by running towards Sohyun in the trip. I know that caring Sohyun makes you feel left out. And I also know that you have tried so hard for me, just to please me. You’ve done so much for me…” She said while taking a box from her pocket, revealing the brand Tiffany & Co. Opening the box, she takes out a set of interlocking circles necklace.

“See those rubedo metal circles and sterling silver circles? They’re interlocking tight, never separate. I hope we stay together forever just like these interlocking circles, never leave each other.” Jiyoon said gently while her girlfriend is looking at the present with her teary eyes. Gayoon tears with joy, smiling at her crush.

“Jiyoon ah…” She tries to wipe off her tears on her face. Jiyoon reaches out her hand to dry her tears.

“Silly, don’t cry. My fierce queen doesn't cry.” Hearing the words of “fierce queen”, Gayoon cries even more as she remembers that Hyuna used to save this nickname in her mobile. She feels guilty that she fell for someone else when she finally got her crush’s love. She hugs her tight, crying on her shoulder.

“Jiyoon…please don’t leave me again. I can’t bear losing you.” Closing her eyes, she lip syncs “I’m sorry.” at herself.

Comforting her girl, Jiyoon her back, makes her calm down.

“I won’t leave…I will never leave again…” Then they sit down on the sand, enjoying the view of the sea at dawn.

“I wish this moment will last forever…” Jiyoon said while smiling, having her girl’s head resting on her shoulder, holding her hand. Gayoon remains silence.

She remembers that when she had said the same thing to this girl in the trip, before falling in love with another member. Enjoying the sun going down, disappearing from the sky, the couple enjoys their very last happy moment. For now, it is undeniable that Jiyoon still has feelings for her younger member; however, her love for Gayoon is growing bigger, bigger than her love for Sohyun. She wants to give her the best, she wants to make her happy, she now wants to spend the rest of her life with this girl finally. In spite of her changes for Gayoon, she is not completely getting the girl in anywhere soon. Her girl is struggling without Jiyoon noticing.

 

“Unnie…Can I have roasted sausages?” Sohyun asks with her puppy voice. Jihyun loves this kid’s aegyo even this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter