Fever

Thought We Were Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She can see the marks of her tears on the letter. Holding it tight, Jiyoon takes out her phone and calls the girl but she is not answering. “Pick up the phone, Heo Gayoon.” Jiyoon is getting really worried as it seems that the girl will leave her without saying anything. She keeps dialing but got no responses. She rushes out the dorm to look for the missing girl. Her heart tightens more every time she hears the voicemail sounds.

 

"Where are you Heo Gayoon? You gotta come out and confess it to me, instead of leaving those stupid letters to me!" She mumbles, running as fast as she can.

 

Jiyoon goes to the places that Gayoon brought me for their datings before. However, it seems that the girl is nowhere. She goes to the amusement park. Looking around, searching around, the girl is sweating and gets spotted in the public. Some people approach her for getting signs from her.

 

"I'm sorry but I can't do it right now. I'm really sorry. Excuse me." She apologizes to the fans.

 

She waits at the ferris wheel, hopes that she would come out from it. Again, she finds nothing. She goes to the park where Gayoon confessed to her. Finally she finds a brown haired girl sitting on a bench, then she rushes to the girl.

 

"Gayoon..." Jiyoon places her hand on the girl. The girl slowly turns around.

 

"I'm...sorry..." Jiyoon apologizes.

 

"I'm so sorry. I thought you were my friend. I'm sorry again." Jiyoon drags herself to the tree where is near the place she had with Gayoon. She rests under the tree.

 

"Where are you..." She closed her eyes, thinking hard where the girl could be. She has been going to every single place that she had spent with the girl but none is the correct place. A drop of rain is dripping on her face. Looking at the sky, it is slowly starting to rain, that makes the girl worry more as she does not know where the girl is hiding from. She does not know whether the girl got an umbrella with her, or got a coat with her.

 

"Just come out soon, Gayoon..." Jiyoon prays while going to somewhere is covered.

 

Flashback

 

The girl is running after her, create a shelter for her with her blanket.

 

"I know you don't like your hair getting wet, especially when it's rainning." Gayoon smiles at her. Jiyoon grins at her, hugging her.

 

"Gayoonie, you're the best." The brown haired girl leans closer to her as this is some of the moments that she can get this close to her crush.

 

"Let's move fast. My blanket is gonna get wet soon." Gayoon laughs at her. Arriving at the building, she finds the back of the girl is all wet.

 

"Gayoon, your clothes are soaked! Get changed now or you'll get sick." Gayoon shakes her head, smiling at her.

 

"It's okay. I won't get sick." Finishing the schedule, going back home, Gayoon does not feel well. Jiyoon was right about her. She is getting sick because of that. She walks straight to her and Jiyoon's room. Lying on the bed, she feels dizzy and hot. She places her hand on her forehead.

 

"No way. I can't have a fever now." Jiyoon comes into their room.

 

"What's wrong?" Jiyoon asks. Gayoon retracts her hand immediately.

 

"Nothing." She tries to act healthy, sounds healthy.

 

"You're hiding something." Jiyoon stops right in front of her bed.

 

"No..." Gayoon sniffs.

 

"You caught a cold, didn't you?" Jiyoon stares at her seriously.

 

"No! I'm tired. Switch off the light for me, Jiyoonie." She covers herself with a blanket, turning her back to her. Jiyoon pulls down her blanket, places her hand on her forehead, sitting on her bed.

 

"You're having a fever. I told you!" Jiyoon frowns at her.

 

"No...I'm fine. I'll be fine if I rest early tonight." She pulls her blanket back, sniffing.

 

"It's 2 a.m. already girl." Jiyoon walks out of their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter