You Are My Comfort Zone

Thought We Were Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things changed a lot when it came to a year after they split up, the year of 2017. The girls moved out of the dorm, having their own houses. As they wished, they lived in the same region. The only thing that never changed was their relationships and their broken sisterhood. Seemingly, they were so close to each other, finished their last album promotion happily; however, no one except themselves knew well about their situations. Jihyun and Hyuna had a huge fight with a slap and they no longer had girl’s talk anymore even sharing the same room. They acted like friends only, or to be specific, colleauges that you would not share your feelings deep down in your heart.

To Hyuna and Gayoon, they both knew that they needed time to get over the whole thing just occurred between them. The two girls acted like nothing happened, but still acting extremely sweet with their own partners when they see another girl’s existence. They needed to keep themselves wide awake when they see each other as they could not repeat their old mistakes.

Meanwhile, it was quite causual between Jiyoon and Sohyun, the people who could sense something happened to their girlfriends. They never shared their thoughts about such thing to each other, but they knew things well. They just tried not to touch the wounds of each other. Sometimes it would be better to not break the bubbles, letting it be would work out well for some people. Even though the two had never had a talk about their girlfriends, they would still discuss something related to them. The girls would kind of exchange news of their girlfriends when they meet.

 

“Hey!” Jiyoon patted Sohyun’s shoulder, scared her.

Turning around and figuring out that was her member, she smiles warmly. With a few gathering like this, Jiyoon feels a lot more comfortable than the first time as she had no idea how to deal with the girl she used to be crazy about. She was now even enjoying evey single time with this girl as if they were going back to the old times, way before Sohyun becoming Hyuna’s second half. Indeed, this was their own time, their date.

“How are you?”Jiyoon asked while sitting down.

“What do you think?” Sohyun grined, handing her a glass of tea which was her favourite, green tea. Her reply fully explained how she was doing with her new life after the group split up and devided into three families.

“Do we look like some desperate housewives who are waiting for their husbands to come home?” Jiyoon’s words made the younger girl choke. Giving her a smack on her arm, the long hair girl laughed so hard.

“Jiyoon unnie! Argh…oh my god, almost got me die from laughing.” She patted her chest to calm down.

“That means you agree with this.” The unnie chuckled. After a few minutes of sharing the comfortable silence moment, smiles were faded away on Sohyun’s face. The girl looked up at the older one.

“Unnie…” She started slowly, but the short hair girl seemed to know what she would be going to say. A serious face replaced those smiles, Jiyoon tried to avoid those eyes.

“Have you ever thought that they might have…” Her words were unfinished; however, she did not have to finish as they both know what she implied.

“No…they never did that…Gayoon would not do that to me. And you should trust your girlfriend as well, Sohyun.” Jiyoon said in a low voice wihle playing with the spoon, looking down. The one who started kept shut even she had a lot to say.

“We’ve discussed about this for so many times and I’m sure that Gayoon did not do that.” She lied.

For the short hair girl, she knew something did happen between her girlfriend and Hyuna. No one could have known Gayoon better she did, no one… Even she could not read her mind, she could always get some hints from her gestures or even just through her eyes. However, she also knew that her words would probably ruin everything, all the relationships and friendships between the four. She had to be strong, at least she had to trust her girlfriend instead of suspecting. She had to be strong for Sohyun as well. The girl was too fragile to handle anything bad about Hyuna. Deep inside of Jiyoon, she still cared a lot about the girl.

“I’m worried…I’m just worried…No…I’m frightened. I’m frightened that Hyuna would leave me.” Sohyun smiles bitterly, almost whispered. Her words worried the older girl as well. Every time they came to this point, Jiyoon would be worried that Sohyun could get hurt. She placed her hand on hers.

“Everything will be just fine. She will be your girl forever. Look at me, Gayoon sticks with me all the time when she does not have to work, how could they…Yea…” The older girl tried to laugh it off, pushing off the serious topic. Sohyun finished her drink, and took a deep breath. Looking at her unnie, she smiled to her.

“Yes…I’m her only girlfriend. Let’s chill out today.” She stood up and started to walk out of the café, leaving the girl panicking.

“W..wait, maknae! I…I’m not done with my drink. W…wait!” She drank it up and caught up with the girl immediately.

Scoping out somewhere they could relax themselves, they wander on the street without a destination. Sohyun intertwined her arm with Jiyoon’s, making the latter feel nervous. It was ages to have such butterflies-in-stomach feeling. Since the moment she gave up on this girl, since the moment she got settled down with Gayoon, since the moment Sohyun announced about her relationship with Hyuna, she lost her heart-racing moments. It was like you could not find the sweet moments like the good old times or the moment you ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter