Telling My Side of the Story

That's Life With Super Junior

Minchan’s POV:

 

Shesh, WHY AM I HERE? I understand that the police have to hear everyone’s side of story. Believe me. I had to go through it when I beat someone up for peeping when I was younger. Anyways, I’m in this police station where it’s all stinky because of the sweat in this area. Gosh, people need to learn how to take a shower.

 

“Name.” “Kim Minchan.” “Age.” “I’m 22 in Korea, 21 in America.” “Really? You’re that young?” I nodded. “Well, we don’t have you in our records.” “I just arrived from America a month ago.” He nodded. “Okay… So before asking for all the stuff, tell me the story. We already got it from the idols and from the ahjummas, but you’re the only one who really did something.”

 

“Well, I was just going to the convenience store to buy some snacks for me and my friends. Nothing really happened when I entered the building. When I exited is when everything happened. I heard cries for help at a near by alley. I ran to see two worried ahjummas in front of it. I asked what happened and they explained they saw two girls walk in. I decided to go check on what was going on and walked into the alley. Before I did, I gave one of the ahjummas my cell phone so they could call the police. They cried for help got louder as I progressed into the dark environment. When I entered, I saw two men, who might have been drunk, almost or were ual harassing the two idols. I took matter into my own hands by grabbing the guys’ attention. It happened and I told the girls to run out and stay with the two ahjummas. They did as I told them and left. The two guys were angry, but I continued on making remarks to them so that they wouldn’t chase after them. It led to this fight. I used the techniques I learned in self-defense, Karate, and Taekwondo classes to fight them. One of them had a pocket knife, but I easily grabbed it and threw it into the trashcan. After they were knocked out, I pushed them to the walk and kept them standing there until you guys came.”

 

The guy who was interviewing me nodded. “Well, why did you take matter into your own hands young lady?” “Because I didn’t want those girls to get hurt anymore and I am trained to do those kinds of things.” He just looked at me. “What do you mean you’re trained?” “As in, I know how to fight and I interned a police officer when I was younger at college.” “Really? Like I can believe that.” “Not a lot of people would believe it. If you want, I can call my college where I interned at and they could email you the records.” “Okay, do that.”

 

He pushed the phone towards me. “It can take international calls?” His eyebrow rose up in suspicion. “I told you that I just came from America.” He got up and walked over to a different section of this department. He was talking to this other guy in uniform. “Miss, come please.” I nodded and walked to where they were at. “This phone is able to call internationally.” I smiled. I sat down in the chair and dialed the number to the principal of U.N.Y. Hopefully, Mr. Lee remembers me…

 

Hello, this is the secretary of Mr. Lee, the principal of University of New York. I am Mrs. Rodriguez. How may I help you?” “Oh! It’s been a while Mrs. Rodriguez! Do you recognize my voice? It’s me! Minchan! Minchan Kim!” I heard a gasp on the other line. “Minchan? Is that really you?” “Yes, ma’am.” “Well, why are you calling?” “I need to speak to Mr. Lee about something important.” “Right away, please hold on.

 

I looked up to see EVERYONE in the room STARING at me. I’m guessing they never heard English before. “Hello, this is Mr. Lee.” “Mr. Lee! Remember me? Kim Minchan?” Yup, this principal is ASIAN and Korean!! “Minchan? Is that you?” “Neh!” He chuckled. “It’s been a while. How are you?” “I’m okay. I’m back home in South Korea.” “Oh! Tell your dad I said hi.” “I will. Uhm, may I please ask you to do a favor for me?” “Of course! Anything for you!” “Can you please email my records to…” I covered the speaking part of the phone and looked at the guy who interrogated me. “Email?” “___________” I nodded and removed my hand to tell Mr. Lee the email. “Okay, I got it. But why do you need me to email them?” “Because the police department believe that I didn’t really train and that I was part of this so called fight. I only fought because the guys were harassing innocent girls!”

 

I heard him laugh. “Oh, Minchan. I knew you would still go for justice in life. I emailed them.” “Thank you! Now, I have to go.” “Okay. It was nice talking to you again. Bye.” “Bye, Mr. Lee.” I put the phone back and looked up at the workers. “He emailed you the files. I’m guessing it’ll be received in a few minutes… I don’t know where this place is at from my house… And I think you won’t let me use my phone to call my friends to pick me up… So… Is there a place where I can sleep for the night? It’s getting pretty late.” They nodded.

 

“We have a couch in the lounge room.” I nodded. “Can you show me where that is? I’m really tired right now and I need some sleep.” “Okay, follow me.” I followed them to that room and he left to get me some pillows and blankets. “Hmm. Not bad for a stiff couch.” I said to myself. I laid on the couch and covered myself with the fleece blanket. I closed my eyes and went off to dream land.