A Job Offer?

That's Life With Super Junior

Minchan’s POV:
 

“Uhm… Maim? Maim?” I heard someone calling as I was being shaken lightly. I slowly opened my eyes to see the guy who interviewed me. “Yes sir?” “Well, you’re okay now. You’re records are in and the criminals are in their rightful cells.” “Really?” He nodded. “Does that mean I get to leave?” “Well…” “Well, what?” “The head chief would like to speak to you. As soon as possible. You should wash up in the ladies’ room and head upstairs. There will be a door that has a sign ‘Mr. Song’s Office.” That’s his room.” “Do I have to?” “Yes.” “Okay.”

 

I got up and folded the blanket. I headed to the ladies’ room and did my business in there. “Hmm, I wonder why he wants to see me.” I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my hair. I took out my cell phone and my eye widen. “OMO! 25 CALLS AND 100 TEXT MESSAGES?!?!?” I yelled out (I was alone in there, so no one will think I’m crazy). I checked who texted/called me. Over half of the text messages and calls were from Oppa. Some were from Henry, Ryeowook, Minji, Chunhee, and Leeteuk. Surprisingly, the people who took second and third place on contacting me the most were Zhou Mi and Sungmin. For some odd reason, I like the fact that those two contacted me a lot… GAH!! I SOUND LIKE THOSE *******!!! NO!!!!!

 

After I texted EVERYONE that I was okay and I stayed at the police station, I stuffed it back in my pocket and left the bathroom. I went upstairs and followed the man’s directions. “Mr. Song’s Office?” I read out loud. I shrugged and knocked on his door. “Come in.” I heard a guy from the room said. I opened the door and slowly entered. I quietly closed the door. I turned around to see an old, nice looking man in his desk chair. I bowed and I heard him chuckle.

 

“Aigoo, no need to bow down to me. Please, have a seat.” I followed his polite orders and smiled at him. “You wanted to speak to me, sir?” “You’re Kim Minchan, right?” I nodded. “You can’t remember me?” “Excuse me?” “You’re related to Kim Jong-jin right?” “Yes, sir.” “You don’t remember his friend? Song Taehoon? The one who had a crush on you?” My eyes widen. “Ahjushi? Appa?” He nodded. “Are you for real? It’s really you, Appa?” I call him that because he would treat me like his own daughter. “Neh, you look super pretty. I can’t believe you’re back from the states. That’s great.” I nodded.

 

“So… Back to the business I wanted to talk to you about. You may not know this, but I work with the spies in South Korea.” “Chinjah?” “Neh… And I looked at your records… Minchan, you have an amazing ability when it comes to fighting techniques. You even went to a club that teaches you how to become a well, trained spy!” I nodded. “Neh, Appa.” “Well, we can give you classes to become a more skilled spy/police officer…” “Excuse me?” “I would like you to work with me. I feel that you can be in the area where you do the cases for celebrities since your brother is a star.”

 

“You want me to work with you?” I asked. He nodded. “I’ll get us some coffee. While I’m gone, you can think about it.” I nodded and he left in the room to think about it. I let out a heavy sigh. Why would he want me to be a spy? Under the category of celebrity cases? I mean, I gave it up. That’s why I went to Juilliard…

 

But the sound of being in the scene, fighting bad guys sounded great. I can do all the things I did in NYU, only it’ll have a more justice feeling. It was fun, and I haven’t had an adventure like that in a while… Maybe I should…

 

Song Appa came back with two coffee mugs in his hands. He handed me one and I graciously took it. “Appa, if I do accept, do I have to just do celebrities?” “Neh, but you could also do some small things. You’ll be carrying your badge and gun everywhere… You could also do the bad guys in the streets, you know.” “How about the classes?” “Well, with what you already learned… You may just need 2 weeks worth of classes.” “Lastly, do I have to keep it a secret?” “Not really. Your brother and his friends can know that you’re working at the police station if you want them to know. They can’t know about your cases or that you’re a spy though.”

 

I nodded. He leaned down on his desk and smiled. “Well, what’s your decision?” He asked kindly. I gave him a respectful smile. “Give me the paperwork and my badge.”