The Past, Yesung's Side of The Story

That's Life With Super Junior

 Yesung’s POV:

 

I cried while Minchan was telling her side of the story. I hated myself during that time. I can’t believe I made her cry so much… I can’t believe I made her hate me. I regret saying those words to her. I regret how I treated her when we were little. I hated how jealous I was to her…

 

Then I felt someone pat my back. “It’s your turn to talk, Yesung Oppa.” I sighed and nodded. “Well, it is true that I didn’t treat her well… I would put most of my attention on Jong-jin than Minchan. I was jealous of her that she got a lot of attention when we were younger, which is why I started treating her like that. And… During that time when she left for college…” I gulped. I guess, I’m ready to tell her how I felt…

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Jong-woon Oppa?” I heard Minchan ask. “What?” I asked. I hate how that she tries to hang out with me. She always annoys me. Can’t she tell I really don’t care about her? “What if I disappeared all of a sudden? What would you do and how would you feel?” I thought about it for a second. I thought of something that would show how annoyed I am because of her. I turned to her and said, “I wouldn’t do a thing to find you. I would be happy that you were gone. I actually prefer you to be gone.” Her eyes widen and she nodded. She quietly left the room and I turned back to the lyrics I’ll be singing for my audition tomorrow. “Why did Umma sign me up on this? Why did that thing ask me that awkward question?” Yes, I referenced her as an object. That’s how much I hate her.

 

The next day was the audition. Umma took me to the auditions and I rocked! After an hour or two of being in that building, we finally left. A few minutes later, she pulls in one of Jong-jin’s friend’s driveway. “Why are we here, Umma?” “Jong-jin was dropped off here. Can you go get him?” I nodded and left the car to retrieve him. I knocked on the door and the friend’s mom opened the door. “Oh, Jong-woon-shii. You’re here to get your brother?” I nodded and she went further in her house. “Jong-jin! You’re brother is here to get you.” I didn’t hear him reply. I saw him following the woman behind. He stood in front of me and bowed to her. She closed the door and we headed to the car.

 

I looked at the rear view mirror and saw my little brother silently crying. “Dongsaeng, why are you crying?” I asked worriedly. “Cause I can…” He spat out. My eyes widen. He has NEVER spoken to me like that. “What happened?” “You don’t need to know…” “Please tell me.” “Umma…” “Jong-woon, don’t pressure your brother.” I nodded and watched the sky. There was an airplane flying across the sky. As I watched it fly, I could feel that a depressing event happened… Strange…

 

We finally reached home and exited the car. Umma sighed before unlocking the door. We entered the house… Something was wrong… Where was the little girl who would run up to me and call for me to play? I didn’t hear anything. It was dead quiet… I didn’t even hear the TV playing…

 

We walked in to the dinning room for dinner and we didn’t see the thing and Appa. Umma began to cry and Jong-jin comforted her with tears rolling down. I turned to them. “What happened?” Umma bit her lip. “Your sister left… For a while with your dad…” “What do you mean? Is she following him for a business trip?” They shook their heads. They calmed down for a bit and we ate dinner that Appa made us. I still didn’t understand what happened.

 

After dinner, Umma went to her room and I followed my brother. He ended up going to Minchan’s room. He sat on her bed and I finally walked in… I haven’t been in here for a while. It looked empty. I sat next to Jong-jin.

 

“Jong-jin. What happened?” He sighed. “Minchan got accepted to a college at America… Appa went with her to her college place with her new caretaker. After a week, he’ll return without Minchan… She won’t be with us for a while, hyung.” My eyes widen. She’s… Gone? She really meant what she said yesterday? Is that why she asked me that? Did she leave because of me?

 

“She told me to give this to you…” He handed me an envelope. I opened it and read it out loud. “Dear Jong-woon Oppa. Annyeong. It’s your little sister. I’m leaving… As you can tell since I’m physically not there. I’ll be gong to America for schooling. I’ll be gone for at least 4 years… I heard you’re auditioning! I hope you win and become a great singer! Uhm, even though we didn’t spend so much time together, I want to thank you for being my brother. I dearly love you as one… I’ll miss you… And I’m glad that you’re getting what you wanted… The thing we talked about yesterday… That’s one thing I know for sure you would appreciate me doing for you. Stay healthy and take care of yourself. Even though you don’t love me, doesn’t mean I don’t…. Saranghae, Oppa. Love, Minchan.

 

I dropped the letter and I felt tears falling on my lap. I can’t believe it. She’s gone. My little sister is gone. She’s not going to be here for a long time… And for what I said… She might not even come back. I hate myself…

 

I got up and walked to my room. I quickly punched the wall because I was furious with myself. I can’t believe I treated her like that! Why did I even let my jealousy get to me? She always loved me and I never returned that feeling to her. I’ve always ignored her, but she would innocently try to play with me. I regret everything I did to her.

 

Times passed and I never tried talking to her. I felt that I’ve done so much damage to her that I shouldn’t try contacting her. I then debuted as a singer in Super Junior and lied to the world saying that I don’t have a sister. Why? Because I don’t want her to be harmed, I didn’t ask her, and she might hate me… I continued the act of not having a sister, but my heart was still hurting because of my big ego when I was younger…

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 

I finally finished my side of the story and I heard lots of weeping. I looked at them and saw everyone crying. I turned to see Minchan crying the most. I smiled and ruffled her hair. “Minchan, Oppa is sorry for being a jealous jerk when we were young. I regret not treating you like a little sister. I regret not listening to you. I regret not listening to my heart when it comes to you. I should’ve just ignored my pride and selfish side to be a better brother. I hope that you can forgive Oppa. Oppa loves you.”

 

I carefully watched her. She was still wiping her tears and felt the stares of everyone around the room. She looked up at me… What is she going to do?

 

[Author's Note of May 30, 2011: I again, feel that I failed at writing his past! Xd]