Making New Friends

That's Life With Super Junior

Minchan’s POV:

 

“Here’s my car!” Minji sang. She quickly took out her keys and unlocked her car… OMG IT’S A MUSTANG! It’s like Chae-Lin Unnie’s. I saw her opening the rear door to put in my luggage… Wow, for a short, petite girl… She is STRONG!!

 

“Wow, it’s like Unnie’s car.” I mumbled out. She then looked at me. “What do you mean by that?” “Oh, my Unnie in New York has the same model as yours.” She smiled. “Then you’ll be able to feel a bit comfortable now that you’ll be riding in this car. Get in.” I nodded. We all entered the car and she began to drive.

 

“So, Minchan. Our drive to the dorms is a bit long… So let’s get to know each other some more!” I nodded. They told me stuff about themselves. They really are nice people. “Oh, be careful with the guys.” “What do you mean?” I asked Chunhee. “They will make us clean and cook for them. It’ll drive you mad!” “Oh don’t worry. I know some tricks up my sleeves.” “Also, don’t mess with Sungmin… He’s cute and all, but will go all evil on you! He knows kung-fu!” “That’s okay. I know how to kill someone in a few seconds.” Minji looked up at the rear view mirror and Chunhee turned her head. Their eyes looked like they were about to pop out. “What? I know a lot of things.”

 

Here, let me tell you some things about myself. When I got to college, I took my normal classes and such. Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a police officer and tuck the people who murdered and were serial killers behind bars. So, I took the opportunity to take some fighting classes behind my parents back… They never wanted me to do something that deals with violence… Shesh, over-protective parents.

 

When I was taking my first year of college (12 years old), I took Karate, Taekwondo, and Shooting classes. I learned self defense there. When I was in my 2nd-3rd (13-14 years old) year of college, I was part of the security crew at U.N.Y. Even though I was at a young age, they still accepted me because of my maturity for my age and the extra curriculum I took…

 

I know what you’re thinking “They let a young girl do these shooting trials and become a police officer?” Haha, they were still over protective of me. They would have TWO adults with me for police hours. AND when I did shooting classes, they would have the gun tested and have an adult shoot it before me. They also would have some adults watching me. Anyways, I’ve been in fights when it came to guys who were peeping and when someone was a disruption. I was the security’s secret weapon because I looked so innocent.

 

So, why did I go to Juilliard? Well, I got tired of being a police person at the beginning of 4th year (15 years old)… It was boring! I had to find another job to study for. One day, I was walking in the park and singing to my favorite song Hug by TVXQ. I then saw someone listening to me. He happened to be a teacher at Juilliard. He asked if I was interested in going there and kept interviewing me. He said that I would be a great student there. He then made a phone call and told me that I’ll be able to go there since he was a very reliable person to the principal. I accepted and there! I studied music for a few years and that’s when I decided to teach music. See? Now you know SOME of my history in the states…

 

“Wow, Minchan is cool.” Chunhee said. “So, how old are you?” “21 in America, 22 here… You guys?” “I’m your dongsaeng! I’m 21 here. Minji Unnie is your Unnie too! She’s 24.” I smiled. “Yay, I have someone to call me Unnie!” I cheered. I’ve always wanted to be called Unnie. I was always the youngest out of the class and stuff.

 

“Great! Unnie, let’s be best friends, araso?” I nodded. “Of course.” “Oh! Here we are!” Minji said while parking. I look at the tall building. Great, I’m living here with my brother… At least I’ll have these girls to talk to.