The Past, Minchan's Side Of The Story.

That's Life With Super Junior

 Minchan’s POV:

 

“Well…” I started off. “When I was around 5, we were super close… But when I started to get a lot of attention for being really smart, we started to separate… He began to be mean to me and would always give Jong-jin Oppa his love. I was always ignored by him… And around the time where I was about to go to college…”

 

I sighed. It’s not easy to talk about how I felt during that time. I took another gulp of soju, making me a bit lighter than before. This time, it felt a bit easier to talk about it since the alcohol was distracting my protesting feelings and thoughts.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N: This’ll be the past from her perspective, but she’s talking about it to them.]

 

“Oppa!” I exclaimed as I ran to my brother who was at the front door. I stuck my arms out and smiled widely. He just looked at me with disgust and walk to his room. I followed him there. “Oppa, do you want to play a game with me? Do you want to sing a song with me?” I asked him. “No, Minchan. Go play by yourself. I’m busy.” He walked in to his room and slammed the door shut.

 

Tears began to stroll down my cheek. I walked to my other Oppa’s, Jong-jin, room. I knocked and he opened the door. “Minchan-ah!” He said. “Why are you crying?” “Because Jong-woon Oppa won’t play with me…” He sighed. “It’s okay. Do you want to play with me?” I nodded and he let me in. “What do you want to play?” “Go Fish!” He smiled and took out a deck of cards that was in his drawer. We played for a while.

 

“Umma! I’m gonna meet up with my friends!” I heard Jong-woon Oppa yelled. “Araso, be home by 6!” I heard the front door close. “Why does Jong-woon Oppa hate me?” I asked. “I don’t know, Minchan.” “I’m jealous of you, Oppa. He always listens to you.” “Minchan-ah, don’t worry.” I nodded. I heard a knock on the door and it opened.

 

“Umma!” I smiled happily and ran over to her. I gave her a hug and she returned it. “Minchan-ah… Jong-jin… Me and Appa need to talk to you.” We nodded and followed her downstairs to the dinning table. We all sat down together. “What’s wrong?” Me and Oppa asked at the same time.

 

“Minchan… Do you know were North America is?” I nodded. “It’s far away from here. Ms. Park taught us about America last year.” “Do you know about New York?” I nodded. “It’s around the East parts of America. They have a big city there and stuff.” They smiled. “Minchan… You know that you’re really smart for your age and that schools here don’t provide the classes you need to expand your knowledge.” I nodded. “The only classes that do are college classes… And we’ve been getting letters from colleges all over the world to teach you… But there is this one college that can help for our expenses. It’s in New York… They’re giving you 4-year round classes for free.” I smiled. “Really? That’s cool!”

 

“But Minchan… We can’t be there with you… Meaning you’ll live there by yourself.” My eyes widen. “Minchan, you’re a big girl now… You can handle yourself, right.” I nodded. “There is someone who is gonna take care of you there. A young woman named Park Jiyoung. Appa will stay with you for a few days there and return home…” “Minchan, do you want to do it? You don’t have to, if you can’t.” “I want to.”

 

“Okay… Don’t tell your older brother, got it. That includes you, Jong-jin.” We nodded. “When are we leaving, Appa?” I asked. “In a week. Start packing the day after tomorrow. Do it when Jong-woon isn’t here, okay?” I nodded. “What are you guys doing?” I heard Jong-woon Oppa from the door ask. “We were just talking.” He nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Week Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Jong-woon Oppa?” I asked the day before of my departure. “What?” He asked with his annoyed voice. “What if I disappeared all of a sudden? What would you do and how would you feel?” He looked at me. “I wouldn’t do a thing to find you. I would be happy that you were gone. I actually prefer you to be gone.” My eyes widen. I nodded sadly and walked into my room and cried. “Your wish will come true… Jong-woon Oppa.” I whispered before sleeping.

 

“Do you have everything?” Umma asked me quietly in my room the day of my flight. I nodded. “Good, now I’m taking your brother to auditions. So behave over there, okay? Call us and email us when you get there with your dad, okay? I’ll miss you and I love you.” She said while hugging me. “I love you too and I’ll miss you too… I can’t say good-bye to Jong-woon Oppa?” She shook her head. “Mianhe, Minchan… It’s better this way.” I nodded. “Bye, Minchan-ah. Take care.” “You too, Umma.” She kissed my forehead and left the room. She closed the door. “Ready, Jong-woon?” I heard her ask my brother. “Neh, Umma.” I heard the front door close… Then Jong-jin Oppa open the door.

 

“Minchan-ah, you need to go…” He said sadly. I nodded and walked out of my room… “Goodbye, room. I’ll see you sometime…” I took Oppa’s hand and we walked downstairs. I saw a lady talking to Appa. “Oh, Minchan-ah. This is going to be your care taker when I leave you in New York. This is Park Jiyoung.” “Annyeonghaeseyo, Ms. Park.” I said while bowing. She smiled. “You don’t have to be so formal with me. You can call me Jiyoung Unnie.” I nodded. “Okay, Jiyoung Unnie.”

 

We all entered the cab and drove off to one of Oppa’s friend’s house. “Why are we here?” I asked. “Because I’m gonna stay here since no one is going to be home…” “What? You’re not gonna see me off at the airport?” He shook his head. “Mianhe, Minchan. Remember to call us and email me. I will email you at least every other weekend. I’ll miss you. And remember, I love you.” I began to cry and hug Oppa. “I love you too, Oppa.” He left the cab and waved good-bye as the cab drove off. “It’s going to be alright, Minchan.” Jiyoung Unnie said to me as she comforted me.

 

We finally arrived at the airport and entered the plane moments later. A day later, we arrived at the new environment and my new school. The principal became friends with Appa and promised to help me a lot. A week after my arrival, Appa left me in the care of Jiyoung Unnie’s care. We had the same classes together and became close.

 

I would always email Jong-jin Oppa in my first year and he would reply whenever he could. It was usually every day. He told me what Umma and Appa said to me… But there was no word from Jong-woon Oppa. I began to think he doesn’t care about me and he never will. I hated how that he didn’t care that I left the house. I hated that the day before I left, he answered that he wouldn’t care if I was gone and he preferred that I wasn’t part of his life…That’s when my hatred towards him began to grow.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N: It’s now the present! Hope you understand how you can tell when it’s present and when it’s the past now!]

 

I decided not to tell them about the incident in college. It’s too much and I’m already getting teary eyed. I sighed. I looked up… Leeteuk was staring at me. I shook my head, hoping that he would get the message that I didn’t want to talk about it. He nodded.

 

When I looked at the others, everyone looked at me with a surprised look. I then turned my head to see that Yesung was crying. I sighed and bit my lip. I patted his back. “It’s your turn to talk, Yesung Oppa.” He let out a sigh and nodded.

 

[Author's Note May 30, 2011: Hi-Hi! I know that I said I would be busy today yesterday... But I got my plans canceled last minute (very last minute). Which means I get to update my story! :D Thank you! I think that I failed in this chapter about her past...]