We're NOT a Couple!

That's Life With Super Junior

Minchan’s POV:

 

We ran to the mall and I smiled brightly. It was so much fun to run with him. We finally reached the mall. I need like a water bottle or something… Shesh, I ran in these 2-inch sandals! Thank god that in defense club, the instructors taught girls how to run in high heels! They even made us run a mile in a freakin’ rocky area in like 3-inch HIGH HEELS!

 

I looked at Sungmin to see him smiling happily. He finally looked at me and looked down to our locked hands. He pulled away quickly and rubbed his neck. I let out a little laugh and smiled. “Aigoo, scared that I won’t like your sweaty hands?” I asked. He looked at me weird. “What? I tend to not like people’s sweaty hands.” He shook his head. “Aniyo, what if people thought we’re in a relationship?” I sighed. “Well, it’s what people think. And we know the truth.”

 

“But…” I rolled my eyes. “Well, I’m not here to argue. I’m here to buy things. So, bye-bye!” I skipped off and I heard him laugh. “YAH, wait up for me!” He yelled at me and started to run after me. I ran into a very feminine shop. I turned around and saw him stop walking. I smiled evilly and ran up to him. I stuck out my hand and he looked at me.

 

“What?” He asked me. “Oppa. Do you have a debit card?” I asked. “Neh, why?” He said while going through his pockets. He whipped out his wallet and took out his card. I smiled cutely. “Oppa, do you love me?” I asked him with a cutest tone I could do. I absolutely hate acting like this... But I want clothes! Well, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do, right?

 

He stood still and his eyes looked straight into mine. His cheeks were turning a shade of pink. “A-a-a-aniyo... Why?” He stuttered out. “Oppa, I thought you love me!” I pouted out. He blinked twice. I'm guessing he's shocked because I'm saying all these non-sense things. “Oppa, I love you... Do you love me?” I said with pleading eyes.

 

Slowly, he nodded. I grinned happily and snatched the debit card out of his hand. “D'awww, I love you so much. Thank you! I'll use your money well!” I sang and ran into the store. Tee-hee, I love shopping.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sungmin’s POV:

 

Aish!!! I’m so embarrassed! I thought she actually loved me!!! Man, thank god I didn’t make it obvious that I like her… I looked at the palm of my hand, and then looked at her. OMG!!! She really took my debit card!!! Sigh… Oh well…

 

I sat at the bench, waiting for her to get done. Aish, I really wish I could just take off these sunglasses, but then that’ll blow my cover!! Shesh, being famous is difficult.

 

“Oppa!” I heard Minchan call while motioning me to come into the feminine shop. I got up and walked over to her. “Yes, Minchan?” She smiled and linked her arm around mine. “Oppa, I don’t know your pin number. Would you be kind enough to tell me or pay for me?” She asked me. I smiled at her and nodded. “I’ll pay for you, okay?” Her face was beaming with happiness… She looks super innocent like this.

 

She guided me to the cash register. The cashier scanned all the items and told me to swipe my card and put in my pin number. As I was doing this, I could feel her eyes staring at me and Minchan. “Excuse me, but are you two on a date?” She managed to ask. I chuckled and Minchan shook her head. “No maim, we are just friends.” Minchan replied. “Oh, mianhe. I didn’t mean to offend you two. It’s just that you two look nice together.” I let out a little smile. “Well, thank you.” I said and grabbed Minchan’s shopping bags. I walked out of the shop with Minchan following behind.

 

I let out a sigh. “What’s wrong?” I heard her ask me. I shook my head. “It’s nothing.” Actually, it is something! I was actually happy that the cashier thinks we are a thing! It assures me that I look good with her!

 

“It’s weird that the lady thought we were an item…” Minchan said. “Yeah, it was awkward. But like you said, we know the actual truth. Now, come on. Let’s continue shopping for you.” She beamed a happy smile. “You’re the best, Oppa.” My face grew a huge grin. That little phrase made my heart beat madly. “No problem.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No One’s POV:

 

Sungmin and Minchan continued looking around the mall, buying clothes for her. They both enjoyed the time they spent at each store. What made them feel a bit awkward was that the workers at every shop would always ask if those two were a couple.

 

Both had mixed feelings for the workers response. Sungmin was actually glad everyone complimented them. It was like he was living his dream, being Minchan’s man. His confidence on winning her heart increased after each compliment was said

.

Minchan, on the other hand, wasn’t so pleased. She got really annoyed that everyone thought they were dating. And this incident would always happen when they are at the cash register. Even though she was annoyed about it, she was a bit embarrassed about it. She would silently blush and her heart would skip a beat. She wouldn’t admit it though.

 

They finally entered their sixth and last shop of the day. They quickly went through the store. Nothing really caught their attention, but one thing actually did.

 

It was two silver necklaces that were made to be together in a red velvet box. The pendant was a half circle for each one. One necklace had “LO” on the pendant and “VE” written on the other. When the two pendants are joined together, you can read “LOVE.” It was simple, but beautiful at the same time.

 

Minchan and Sungmin wouldn’t admit that they wanted it. They just kept walking around it. After going around those two necklaces 10 times, Sungmin had to say something.

 

“Don’t you think those necklaces are pretty?” He asked her. He picked up the box and presented it in front of her. “They are really pretty. Simple and gorgeous is what they are.” She replied. “I kinda want it…” Sungmin added. She nodded. “I do too… But it’s for two people… You can’t really buy that for yourself.”

 

“Why don’t we buy it…together?” He asked while looking away from her, hiding his blushing face. “As in, we buy it and wear one?” He nodded. “Wouldn’t it be...awkward?” She asked again. He turned his head with a shocked expression. “Why would it be awkward? It’s just us.” “Exactly. Just us. What if the others think we’re like in a relationship?” She explained. “Well, like what you said earlier… WE know the truth.”

 

She thought about it, tilting her head. After a few seconds, she smiled. “Okay, let’s pay for it.” His face grew a huge grin. It was as if he was a kid in a candy store. They walked to the register and were ready to buy it. When they came up to the register, they gave the worker the item and she scanned it. While Sungmin was swiping the card, the workers at the back were giggling and taking small glances at him. Minchan couldn’t take it and asked, “Uhm, is there a problem?”

 

“Oh, nothing… We were just thinking that you and your boyfriend are really cute together.” That made her snap. “Well, I’m sorry, but we AREN’T a couple.” The girls stopped giggling, but their smiles were still visible. “Well, have you two thought about dating? Because you two would make a really cute couple.”

 

Minchan couldn’t take it anymore. She was fed up with all these side comments about them. “I think that you girls need to SHUT UP and keep your comments to yourself. This isn’t your gossip time, this is your work time.” The workers and Sungmin were shocked. “Well, sorry. We were just telling you, no need to be rude about it.” One of the workers said. “I’m not being rude about anything. I think you two are, Ms. Jung and Ms. Kim.” Minchan replied after reading their name tags.

 

“Yah, Minchan. Don’t create a seen about it.” Sungmin told her while receiving the bag containing their necklaces. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. “Aren’t you fed up with this, OPPA!? Everyone keeps thinking we are a thing when we’re not!” She yelled at his face. “Minchan, calm down. I know we’ve been called a couple like a million of times, but we know the truth that we’re just friends.” He told her calmly. “I KNOW THAT TOO! I’m just TIRED of these people asking and not minding their own FREAKIN’ BUSINESS!” She argued. “I’M FREAKIN’ TIRED OF IT TOO, BUT YOU DON’T SEE ME YELLING AT THE PEOPLE!” He yelled back. It shocked her, but that didn't really stop her anger.

 

They continued to argue in front of the customers and workers. It got so out of hand that security was called to take them away. The security guards quickly came and dragged the arguing pair out of the store. “Yah, Yah, YAH!!! PUT ME DOWN!!! THIS IS NOT THE PROPER WAY TO TREAT A LADY!!!” Minchan yelled out. “Minchan, just SHUT UP! We are in trouble thanks to you!” Sungmin told her. “Like I care! Those workers need to know that they shouldn’t into people’s personal business! They can go and gossip about it without asking for the truth or in front of us! That’s the right and polite thing to do, even though gossiping is rude!”

 

They finally arrived at the so called “mall jail” of the place (only containing just a table, little televisions to show different areas of the mall, and chairs). “Okay, kids. You guys are staying here because you two created a ruckus at that store.” The male security guard said after Sungmin and Minchan sat at the table. Minchan eyed him and smirked. “Look, Mister…Park… We did nothing wrong. We were basically having an argument.” She reasoned. “Still, you yelled at the workers and both of you started yelling at each other.” Minchan sighed.

 

“Why did you start yelling at your boyfriend?” The female guard asked. Minchan stood up and pounded the table. “Look, Ms. Lee. We’re not a couple. This is exactly why I started to yell at him. It’s because everyone thought we were an item! Wouldn’t you get tired of all these people asking that just because you’re shopping with a guy?!?” Ms. Lee glared at her. “Excuse me, but you shouldn’t scold someone like that.”

 

Minchan rolled her eyes with annoyed written all over her face. “Well, excuse me for talking rudely to you. But I’m FREAKIN’ ANNOYED with all of this! I just came home after a story talk with the police. I saved these two nice girls from these two freakin’ ugly harassers! I’m tired and I just wanted to relax, but no! All these people had to annoy me.” She sighed and sat back down in her chair. She looked up to see the guards with wide eyes and hearing them gasp.

 

“You’re the Kim Minchan?!? The one who saved Krystal and Sulli from f(x)?!?” Ms. Lee shrieked, making Sungmin and Minchan close their eyes tightly. The two blinked and forced a smile out. “Yup, that’s me.” Mr. Park smiled. He came up to her and patted her shoulder. “You have gift. Here, we’ll let you out. Just don’t tell anyone, okay?” They nodded and quickly left the room.

 

The walk home was quiet. It was tense and awkward at the same time. They didn’t know if they should apologize to each other. When they arrived, they quickly went into their rooms, bringing their own items with them.

 

Minchan laid herself down on her bed. She sighed. She never wanted to argue with Sungmin at all. It hurt her when she imagined that angry face on Sungmin. She rolled and snuggled with her face into her pillow.

 

Sungmin, on the other hand, was depressed on the inside. When he thought about her yelling to the world they’re not together, it pained his heart terribly. He went through the clothes he bought with her and all the little nick-knacks they joked about. He finally saw the red velvet box containing their necklaces. He opened it and saw the necklaces’ pendants attached to each other. He thought endlessly if he should give it to her now or never. He even asked pointless questions about if she remembered buying it or would she think it was stupid now.

 

He took out the necklaces and walked to her room. He knocked and entered without hearing her reply. Minchan was shocked and quickly sat up.

 

“What are you doing in here?” Minchan asked him. He forced a smile and sat next to her. “Minchan, I know you were annoyed about those comments everyone was making. And I’m sorry I yelled at you, I shouldn’t have since I was equally annoyed as you.” He said while looking down. That made her smile. “Sungmin Oppa, I’m sorry that I created the scene and yelled at them. I should have put on that poker face and held in my anger. I’m sorry that we ended up getting dragged into the mall jail.” A smile grew on his face and looked up at her.

 

Their eyes met. They didn’t notice that they were only inches apart from each other. After a minute of uninterrupted eye contact, Sungmin finally looked down to see the necklaces in his palm. “So, remember buying this earlier?” He asked her. He held up one of the necklaces, letting it dangle in front of her. Her eyes followed the pendant whiled it swayed from side to side. She nodded.

 

“Remember that one is yours and the other is mine… So…” He unclasped it and put it on her. His face went closer to her ear. When his lips were an inch away, he whispered in her ear, “This one is yours.” He moved away and smiled, which made her heart melt. She couldn’t look at him anymore because her face began to turn pink. She looked down and saw the other necklace.

 

“So, that one is yours?” She asked him. “Yes, this one is mine.” She smiled and picked it up. “Can I put this on you?” She looked up at him. He nodded and she put it on him. After putting it on him, she rested her arms on his shoulder. “Thanks for today, Sungmin Oppa.” “No problem, Minchan…” He looked at her and smiled gently.

 

“And… No matter what happens…” He began to lean closer to her. He then rested his forehead on hers. “We will always be close friends and know the truth about our status in life. And…” He tilted his head up, and kissed her forehead, making her turn red. “The necklaces will be a secret between us, okay?” He rested his head on hers, pulling her closer to his chest. He felt her nod and chuckled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sungmin’s POV:

“Okay, you promise to keep it a secret?” I asked her. She nodded. “I promise.” I heard her saying into my chest. I smiled. She doesn’t know how much I love this. Having her in my arms is like a miracle. The thing I’m curious about is why she isn’t fighting back… Does she, perhaps, have feelings for me too?!? Thinking this, makes me smile like a fool.

 

“Okay, it’s a promise. Thanks, Minchan… For the wonderful day. I never had this much fun before.” She nodded. I moved her arms down and wrapped my arms around her tight. “I thank you for a lot of things, Minchan. You’re very special to me.” I confessed to her. I could feel her nod and snuggle into my chest. “Aigoo, you’re being too cute right now.” I told her.

 

“Minchan we’re ho--- LEE SUNGMIN!!! WHAT THE FREAK ARE YOU DOING TO MY LITTLE SISTER!?!?!!??!??!?!?!??!” I heard someone yelled at the door. Uh-oh… I turned my head to see Yesung there, with a super scary face.

 

“What’s hap--- YAHH!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER?! WHILE WE WERE GONE, YOU DECIDE TO PUT SOME MOVES ON HER?!? IN HER OWN ROOM!?!?!??” Leeteuk said after entering the room.

 

I quickly let go of her and got up. I tucked the necklace under my shirt and turned to face them. “Uhm… I….” I stuttered out. “YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN TO US MISTER!” They stomped up to me and dragged me away. “Wait! Wait! All I did was hug her, honestly!!!” I yelled at them. Aish, they came in at a wrong time!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Minchan’s POV:

 

“Wait! Wait! All I did was hug her, honestly!!!” I heard Sungmin yell out while being dragged out of my room. Ehhhhh, why is my heart beating so fast. It was honestly just a hug… With a lot of skinship…. >///<

 

Heart, please stop beating like crazy when it comes to him! I don’t like Sungmin!! I really don’t like him!!! “But do you love him?” I heard someone ask me at the door. I turned my head to see Chunhee and Minji smiling evilly. “Did I just think out loud again?” I asked them and they nodded.” I sighed. “Do you?” Minji asked. “No, I do not!!” They shook their heads. “Uh-huh, right.” Chunhee said. “I don’t!!!” I whined back. “Whatever floats your boat.” Minji added. I nodded. “Oh, I need the car from now on, okay?” They nodded and left my room.

 

I sighed and plopped down onto my bed. “I don’t like him or love him…right?”

 

[Author Note of June 18, 2011: Hey readers! I'm really, really, REALLY sorry that I haven't been uploading for a while. I had finals to deal with for the past week and I still have to deal with them next week. Please understand that I might not be able to update so much for the next week... But by the end of next week, I will be able to update loads since my summer break will start at that time.  

 To make it up to you, I created a long, long chapter for you guys. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Again, I'm really sorry! TT^TT MIANHE!!!! MIANHEYO!!! You guys really do have that masianlove~]