Memories

That's Life With Super Junior

Minchan’s POV:

 

“Minchan-ah!” I heard someone call out to me. I was in my room, playing with my dolls. I smiled at the voice. “Coming, Jong-woon Oppa!” I dropped my dolls on my bed and ran out my room. “Where are you?” I asked. “In the kitchen! I have a surprise for you!” I went down the stairs and headed for the kitchen.

 

“Neh, Oppa?” I asked while entering the kitchen. I saw my big brother, smiling with both hands behind his back. “Guess what Oppa bought for you?” I pondered about it. “What did Oppa get me?” He closed his eyes tight. “Close your eyes tight like I am right now.” “Okay-”I closed them shut, “-they’re closed now, Oppa.” I heard footsteps. “Okay, you can open your eyes now!”

 

I opened them and they widen when they saw the item he bought me. I gasped and a huge grin grew on my face. It was the turtle stuffed animal I wanted at the store next to that special candy shop. “This is for you, Minchan.” I dashed towards him and hugged him, tight. “Oppa, are you sure you’re okay with it? It was expensive… Did you use you allowance?” I asked him.

 

He nodded, but a huge smile was still present. “Yes, it was expensive. Yes, I used my allowance… But it was worth it. Why? It was for my adorable little sister that I love.” I smiled. “Thank you, Oppa. I will take care of it, always.” I wrapped my arms around his body again and hugged him tight. “I love you, Oppa.” He smiled. “I love you too, Minchan.”

 

“I love you… Oppa…” I woke up. “Oh, it was another memory dream… A happy one…” I sighed and sat up. I looked around to see nothing. I was alone in my room in complete darkness. “Mmmm… I never really dreamt of that one before… I only dream about the sad ones.”

 

It’s been a week since I’ve been here and nothing different is going on. I still ignore Yesung and he tries to apologize. Leeteuk Oppa still talks to me about listening to Yesung for once and stop ignoring him… I haven’t really considered that thought. But now, it’s different.

 

“Minchan-ah, he is your brother no matter what, right?” I imagined him saying to me. Yes, he is still my brother. But what he’s done to me hurts and what I went through thanks to him hurts a lot more.

 

I sighed and plopped down onto my bed again. I kept on thinking about it. Honestly, I want everything to be fixed without ME doing any listening or talking. I want everything to be back to how it was when we were younger. I want to forget about what happened and try to start over. But those memories of the first college years and the way he treated me in my younger years still poison my brain to hate him.

 

I looked at the clock to see 5:00 AM. Shesh, I just want time to go by quickly to the point where Ryeowook is done cooking breakfast.

 

-Everyday I shock, SHOCK! Every night I shock, SHOCK!- I jumped when I heard my ringtone. I looked at my phone. “Seoyoung Unnie?” I whispered into the silent air. I picked up the phone.

 

Minchan’s Phone Call:

 

Minchan: Yobosaeyo?

4 Voices: MINCHAN-AH!!!!

Minchan: YAHHHH!!! Don’t yell!

Seoyoung: Oh, Mianhe. We forgot that you don’t like people yelling in the phone.

Minchan: Aish, it’s only been a week and you forgot how I’m like?

Bora: NO! NO! NO! We did NOT forget how you were like!

Minchan: Hahaha, I’m just joking.

Ha-Neul: So, how’s life over there?
Minchan: It’s good. It’s not bad and I’m surviving.

Chae-Lin: How are you and your brother?

Seoyoung: Yeah, are you talking to your brother?

Minchan: Sigh… Not really, girls. I’ve been ignoring him. And everyone is worried about it.

Ha-Neul: What do you mean?

Minchan: Leeteuk Oppa is telling me to forgive and forget. And everyone else is telling me to just listen to him.

Seoyoung: Well, it is true. I agree with them.

Chae-Lin: Yes, Minchan. They are right.

Minchan: Are you guys on his side now?
Bora: Minchan-ah! We’re not on either side! We want you to be in good hands over there!

Ha-Neul: Yes, Minchan-ah. We don’t want you to go through the same thing you went through when you were in your first years of college.

Minchan: Shut UP! I don’t want to remember those days! I told you that I never want to remember that incident!
Seoyoung: We’re sorry, Minchan! But we seriously don’t want you to be in an emotional break down when we’re not there to help you!
Bora: Yes, we care about you!

Minchan: *sighs* I know. Thanks… Now, I’m going to hang up. I need some sleep.

Chae-Lin: Alright, go to sleep. Text any of us later, okay?

Minchan: Neh, Chae-Lin Unnie. Bye.

 

Before they could have said anything, I quickly hanged up and laid on my bed again. I sighed while placing my phone under my pillow. “Why did the have to bring up those memories again.” The sad memories of that time ran through my head and tears began to form. In no time, I began to bawl. I shifted my body so that I could face the wall. I hated that time. This is why I can’t forgive Yesung easily.

 

“Minchan?” I heard someone call at my door. I looked up to see Leeteuk. “Oh…” I sniffed and gave him a weak smile. “Did I wake you up?” He shook his head. “No, I’ve been awake for a while.” I nodded. He came closer to me and sat on my bed.

 

“Minchan-ah, what’s wrong?” He asked me while wiping my tears away. “Oh, just remembering some sad things.” “Would you like to talk about it with me?” I sighed. “If I do… You might be shocked and talk to Yesung about it…” “If I promise I won’t talk to ANYONE about it, will you tell me?” I thought about… I think someone should at least know a bit of my past, right?

 

“Okay… I’ll tell you… Well, back in my first year of college…”