Getaway

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Mom, will you let go of her?" He mumbled as impatiently gave his girlfriend’s hand a tug. He was standing beside her, hands linked, as she was wrapped in the warm arms of his mother. It was obvious that his mother was not going to let go of Eunji any time soon. He glanced at his mother, who was cooing at the young girl, stating how skinny she has gotten and how fragile and pale she looked. He rolled his eyes and scoffed. His mother didn’t even greeted him in such way when he came through the door of Dolce Vita. “You’ll see her later at dinner, mom. We need to unpack.”

His mother reluctantly released Eunji with a low growl. She gave her son a soft slap at the shoulder before stepping away from the couple. “How dare you speak to your own mother like that?” She let out a chuckle when she saw Jiyong’s eyes widened in shock. She winked at Eunji and placed a hand on the girl’s forearm. “What is so wrong with me greeting my daughter-in-law with love, Yong-ah?”

Eunji blushed as she was officially labeled as the daughter-in-law, whether she liked it or not. She cleared and placed a hand above Jiyong’s mother’s hand. She smiled sweetly at the elder as she shook her head. “He’s a bit cranky from the long hours of driving. He doesn’t mean to be rude to you.” She released her hand out of his grasp and stepped closer to his mother. “Honestly, he’s been talking about you throughout the ride. He said you’re going to treat us really nice and will take really good care of us. He’s happy to be here and be under your care, mother.”

Jiyong flicked Eunji’s forehead when his mother had wrapped an arm around the girl’s waist. He puckered his lower lip and whined. “Yah, I thought I told you not to tell her I said any of that. Eunji, you promised me you wouldn’t.”

“I didn’t promise you anything.” Eunji retorted with a grin. She ignored the stun look on her boyfriend’s face and faced his mother. “We better get our stuff unpack before dinner. Is it alright with you, mother?”

His mother chuckled. “It’s fine with me, dear.”

Eunji faced her boyfriend with a smirk before walking over to their luggage that were resting at the side of the lobby’s wall. “Jiyong-ah, will you be helping me carry these into my room or—“

“Dear, you won’t be having your own room.” His mother interjected.

“What are you talking about, mom?” Jiyong asked as he walked up to Eunji. “I asked you to keep the Butterfly room open for her. Is it occupied already? How long will they be staying here for?”

His mother shook her head. “The room is occupied for the next couple of weeks. So, for the meantime, there are no rooms vacant but your room.” His mother shrugged and walked towards them with the sneakiest smile ever. “You two will be sharing a room and a bed.” She gave her son a pat on the cheek before walking right pass them. “It’s not like you two haven’t shared a bed. I may be old but I am still keeping up with the modern days, Yong-ah.”

“Mom!!” Jiyong shook his head in disbelieve. He couldn’t believe those words had come out of his own mother. He glanced at his girlfriend, who was blushing so hard that her cheeks could be compared to a tomato. “If it makes you uncomfortable, I’ll stay in another room. Mom’s probably lying about the other room being—“

“It’s alright.” Eunji said softly as she picked up a bag. “She’s right, you know. It’s not like we haven’t shared a bed or a room before.” She headed for the tiny steps that lead to their shared room. “Maybe, it’s you who’s uncomfortable. If you’re really that uncomfortable, I’ll ask your mom to rearrange the room. I’m fine with that, too.”

Jiyong quickly ran up to her and wrapped an arm around her waist. He gave her cheek a kiss before looking straight into her eyes. “I’m far from being uncomfortable.” He smiled. “I’m just afraid what could happen if we stay in that room for too long. I mean, sure, we’re in the countryside but that doesn’t mean we can be out and about so openly. I still have fans around here, you know.”

Eunji rolled her eyes and pulled herself away from him. “The only thing that will ever happen in that room will be nothing of your imagination and desire. Got that?”

“Are you sure about that?” He asked, walking back to the rest of the luggage and bags that he needed to carry since she was already carrying a couple. “I’m sure you have some sort of desire that needs to be met. I’m willing to do that task for you.” He walked right passed her after giving her cheek a quick peck. “All you have to do is ask for it. Bam, you’ll receive it. No doubt.”

“Yong-ah!” His mother’s voice prevented Eunji to retort. “You do not speak to a girl, let alone your wife, like that. Do you understand me?”

Jiyong let out a sigh as Eunji caught up to him. “Yes, mom!”

“How on earth did she hear that?” Eunji whispered as they walked down the hall.

He shrugged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter