The Beach

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“I-I don't want to.” She whispered in a trembling tone.

He stopped pulling her and turned around. The second he saw her face, his heart dropped as he saw tears running down her cheeks. Her eyes were tightly shut as her lips trembled. His gazed moved down to their hands when he felt her grip around his hand tightened by the second. His eyebrows knitted at the center of his forehead as he wrapped both of his hands around hers. He stepped closer to her, closing the gap between them and brought one hand up to her face. He cupped her cheek as he showed many signs of concern. He was also confused at what was going on.

“Eunji, why are you crying? What's wrong?” He asked softly while wiping her tears.

Not saying a word, she only pushed herself closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist while pressing her cheek against his chest. She hugged tightly, which startled him to see her acting so oddly. He rubbed his hands against her back and arms, hoping it would calm her down. He hadn't seen her cry and trembled in such way before so he was deadly worried. He whispered soothing words into her ear, hoping it would help a bit.

“Can we not walk on the beach, please? At least, not in the evening?” She mumbled against his chest while her arms were still firmly wrapped around his waist.

Without knowing what was going on, he gave her a nod. He was willing to agree to anything that she request because he wanted her to stop crying. He was hurt to see her cry yet he had no clue on the reason behind it. As long as she was calmed and not crying anymore, he would do just about anything or say just about anything to please her.

He patted the back of her head as he wrapped his arms around her upper body. “We don't have to. We can leave now, if you want. Just, please don't cry anymore. You're making me worried.”

Suddenly, Eunji's body jolted against his body, startling him. The girl had just heard the waves crashing to shore. The sound of waves of water made her jolted as images of the past came rushing on by like a movie. She shut her eyes tighter as tears continued to stream down her cheeks. She dug her face into his chest, only hoping to get out of that place. Jiyong glanced down to see why she was acting so weird. He saw her tears and immediately panicked. He didn't know what to do so he hugged her tighter than before. He hushed her and continued to shower her with sweet words.

After a few moments, he peeled himself away from her a bit. He cupped her face with both hands and made her look up at him. He brushed his thumbs against her cheeks, wiping away the dried tear stains. He whispered, “Why are you crying so suddenly? I've never seen this side of you before. Are you feeling sick? Are you okay?”

Eunji was still hesitating on whether she should tell him what was going on with her right then and there but she just couldn't. wouldn't open as the waves kept interrupting her trance of thought. Each time it came crashing into shore, she would trembled and tightened her arms around his waist even more. She shook her head and faced him, “Can we please leave this place?”

“Yeah. Let's go.”

-

“I'm sorry for ruining our date.” Eunji finally uttered after a good twenty minutes of walking around in silence. They were walking aimlessly as Jiyong didn't know what else to do since his girlfriend seemed so bothered by something. He didn't want to go somewhere too quiet as he didn't want to let the silence force him to ask her what was going on and, for sure, he didn't want to go to loud places because he might get caught and Eunji would feel out of place since she was still trying to calm down. “I'm so sorry.”

Jiyong shook his head and gave her a cheerful smile. The smile that he always put on when he's trying to cheer her up when she's tired or whatnot. He poked her cheek, “Don't apologize. You didn't ruin it.” He leaned closer to her and pecked the tip of her nose, her cheek, then her lips. He pulled away with a smile on his face while Eunji blushed at the sudden public kiss. “I just want to know what happened back there.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter