Surprises

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sitting under the sun, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and placed it beside her plate. She was sitting on the patio of a small shop down the street from YG building, which had its grand opening two weeks ago. She smiled as she looked down at her meal. She was having their special Japanese plate, curry. She wasn't really a fan of curry but because her best friend, Chaerin, had recommended the dish, she decided to try it out.

Picking up her spoon that was placed on the side of the plate, she scooped a spoonful of rice, which was covered in curry flavor paste. She plopped the spoonful into . Immediately, she hummed as she thought it was delicious. The taste was actually tasteful and very different from all the curries that she had tried before in the past. She quickly grabbed onto her phone. She unlocked it and went straight to her inbox and composed a new text to Chaerin, telling her how delicious the curry she recommended was.

After sending the message, she resumed back to her meal. Just as she was about to put another spoonful into , she felt someone tapping her shoulder. She turned around with a napkin placed over as she chewed. She looked at the person standing behind her, blocking the sun from radiating into her eyes. Her eyes widened when she saw Chanjin standing there with a huge smile on his face while dressed in casual clothes. She has never seen him in casual clothes before.

“Do you mind if I join you for lunch?” He asked, pointing at the chair across from her.

She shook her head and motioned him to take a seat across from her. She turned around while she tried to swallowed the remaining in . She didn't want to be rude and talk with a mouthful. She wiped with the napkin she had in her hand. She reached for the cup of water placed in front of her and chugged it down, bottoms up.

Sighing after she cleared , she quickly apologized. “Sorry, I had food in my mouth so I couldn't greet you properly.”

He chuckled softly while leaning back in his seat. “It's fine. So, you're not surprised to see me here?”

Eunji reached for her spoon and scooped another spoonful of her rice and curry. She shook her head and leaned her head down so she could put the full spoon into without spilling anything. She chewed as Chanjin watched her, amazed to see her stuffing herself with such a full spoon. He pulled himself up when he saw the waiter coming their way from the corner of his eyes.

The waiter stepped back after he placed his meal and drink in front of him. “I'll be your waiter for your time here. If you need anything, you can just holler.”

“Thank you.” Eunji thanked the waiter for her friend and he walked away. She faced her friend, who was rubbing his hands together with brightening eyes as if he haven't eaten in days. She chuckled, “The answer to your question would be no. Mom already told me that you're coming in today to check up on the shop.”

“Ah, your mom really has a way to ruin a surprise.” He pouted while twirling his fork to let the noodles wrapped around it.

“You call a coming-in-to-check-a-shop's-profit a surprise?” She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

He shrugged, “Pretty much.” He put the fork into his mouth and grazed the noodles into his mouth. He quickly chewed and swallowed his noodles down his throat. He smiled at Eunji, “Since you're here, I'm assuming that you're not going to be at the shop?”

She smiled as she wasn't surprised that he could already tell just by looking at her. She doesn't know how he does it but he always has a way to read her, just like Jiyong. She smiled wider as Jiyong popped into her head. She cleared and nodded at Chanjin. “I'll be at YG headquarter at six o'clock with CyCue for practice. I'm sure you don't know who they are.”

“You're right. I really don't.” He admitted.

Dipping her spoon into her rice once more, she fixed her eyes on him. He was eating quietly with a perfect manners. She let out a sigh and slumped in her seat. “Even that is not surprising to me! You're always busy with work that you don't know anything about the music industry. Don't you f
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter