The Past

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“What are you doing here?”

She found herself forcing a smile on her face. Sure, she was surprised to him there, she wasn't pleased that he was there, unexpectedly and so sudden without a warning. She watched him shifting his weights back and forth from one hip to another. His fingers tapping against the counter surface as his palms were resting at the edge. His eyes wandered around the shop, as if he was very familiar with it. “It hasn't changed one bit.”

“Tch. You only stepped in here once.” She paused as she was beginning to feel uneasy at the fact that he was right in front of her. “Seriously, what are you doing back here?”

He pouted as lips formed a frown. “Aw, you don't miss me?”

“No. I don't.” She sternly stated as she rolled her eyes, starting to feel irritated that he didn't give her an answer.

“Well, then.” He began as he let out an exasperate sigh. “I guess you still hate me, right?”

She shook her head once she found him headed for the door. She folded her arms. “I don't hate you. I never did.” He spun around with a bright smile, hoping he wasn't just hearing things. “I don't hate you but I really don't like seeing you here.”

He lowered his head, “Oh, come on, Eunji! You can't possibly be mad at me after all these years!”

She shrugged and sat back down on the stool. She grabbed the laptop and went back through the batch lists as she let him stand there, questioning on why she was giving him an attitude. She didn't care about him. She stopped caring for him a long time ago. She had gave up on him and she wasn't going to let history replay. “If you're not going to buy anything, please leave.”

He sighed but still gave her a nod, in which she had caught the glimpsed from the corner of her eye. She watched him turning around, back facing her. He walked to the door and without a word, he left the shop. She leaned her back against the wall as she held tightly onto the sides of the laptop. She shut her eyes as she felt herself finally being able to breathe normally. That huge boulder on her chest was no longer there. She was finally feeling more at ease.

-

“Please place them in the back by the rest of the boxes.” Eunji pointed to the side of the shop where tons of unopened boxes were located. She watched the man settling the box in his arms beside a smaller box and stood up, releasing a heavy sigh due to the box's weight. “Thank you so much.”

“It's no problem.” He kindly bowed to her before walking passed her to head back to the front of the shop where another delivery man was standing at, chatting with Hanna with a clipboard in his hand.

“Is that everything?” Hanna questioned once she found Eunji strolling back to the front with the man. Eunji gave her a nod before returning back to her job, at the counter. Hanna quickly signed the clipboard and guided the men out of their shop. “I think I might have ordered a bit too much.”

“You think?” Eunji raised an eyebrow as she propped her chin onto the palm of her hand as her elbow were on the counter's surface.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter