The Truth

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The two headed to the small cafe called, POD, in the lobby of the building. Eunji found a table for two and headed for it while Jiyong went up to the counter and ordered two ice tea for them. When he reached over to the Eunji, he settled in the seat across from her. Eunji placed her hands on the table as she focused on Jiyong. He smiled at her, not aware that what Eunji has to say may be serious. She sighed as she leaned back in her chair.

“Do you remember going through one of my old picture album and saw a picture of me and this young boy?” Eunji began as she tapped her fingers against the table.

Jiyong nodded. “Yes. You said he's your best friend.”

She nodded as she gulped her dry throat quietly. She looked at her fingers, “And do you remember I told you he's not in my life anymore?”

He continued to nod again.

She sighed quietly before inhaling deeply. “He returned back into my life recently.”

“Then that should be good news, right?” He smiled cutely at her, not knowing the situation she's currently in.

She shook her head as she removed her hands from the table. She placed them on her lap, lowered her head, and bit her lower lip. She wasn't sure of how to say it to him. She wasn't sure of how he'll take it. “His name is Jinwoon. Lee Jinwoon. He was my best friend back in the days. Chaerin and Hanna knows him too. Jinwoon and Hanna are cousins. Chaerin and Jinwoon were classmates at one point back in America so they're good friends.”

“Small world.”

She nodded. “Jinwoon has always been a great friend, brother, and cousin to each and one of us. However, he fell into the wrong crew and went on the wrong path.”

“Wrong crew? Drug dealers?” He questioned as his smile faded.

Eunji raised her head up with a blank look on her face. “Worse. They're a motorbike gang that deals drugs and illegal weapons.”

Jiyong couldn't believe what he was hearing. He didn't expect to hear such things. He was aware that Eunji could be in danger now that Jinwoon has returned to the girls' lives. He was ready to ask her to continue but the waiter has arrived at their table and placed their drinks on the table. He thanked the waiter and retreated his attention to the girl before him.

“At first, he wasn't really involved with them. He was just acquaintances with one of the members, who happened to a boyfriend to one of his gal friends. However, as times went by, he was pulled into their crew. The girls and I have tried to get him out before it gets deeper than it was but unfortunately, we didn't have the power to do so.” She began.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter