The Break Up

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Eunji-ah!”

Eunji stopped walking any further and twirled around when she heard her name being called, once again. She let out a sigh as she shut her eyes tightly. She exhaled quickly and made her way back to the vehicle, to the man that was sitting inside. She reached the vehicle and bent down to look straight into that man’s face, who was looking at her very apologetically. “What now?”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to wait for you here?” Chanjin asked as he looked straight at her, already knowing how annoyed she must have been with him. He kept calling her back whenever she took a good ten to twenty steps away from the car. “It’s dangerous to just leave you here.”

Her eyes softened, remembering that he was only concerned about her safety. She let out a sigh and leaned against the door of the passenger’s seat. She folded her arms and let them rest above the scrolled down window. She smiled at him, “Oppa, don’t worry about me. I've been here a couple of times and it’s pretty safe. You should go on and meet up with the others. They’re waiting.”

Chanjin slumped his shoulders as he knew he couldn't do anything else about it. The girl was certain that she wanted to be there alone. He didn't know why she asked him to take her there when they got out of the long traffic but he suspected who she was meeting. The only boy that Eunji truly cared about and loved. “Call me if you need anything, alright?”

Eunji smiled with a quick nod, “I will. Now, go.”


She stepped away from the car and watched Chanjin scrolled the window up. She waved at him with a huge smile on her face, glad that he was finally listening to her. It took a while for him to listen but she managed to get him to, which she felt accomplished. She turned around and made her way to the park, which was slightly over to her right. It wasn’t too far but it wasn’t close either.

Gradually, she walked down the pavement. She let her arms swung at her sides as she looked around. She was enjoying the little night walk. As much as she was enjoying it, her heart wasn’t enjoying it one bit. Her heart was beating roughly against her chest as she thought back to the text Jiyong had sent her just an hour ago. She wondered what he wanted to talk to her about. She was sure getting back together was definitely not the topic that they’ll be talking about.

“Eunji.”

Looking over to her left, she looked for the person that had just called out her name in the middle of the night. She squinted her eyes to get a better look through the dark with limited light from the pole lights placed all around. She cleared when she saw Jiyong cutting through the grass to get to her. Through the darkness, she could already see the weary look on his face, which meant he has been really stressed out about something. It didn’t felt right and she knew something was up.

“Hey. You didn’t wait that long, right?” Jiyong stood in front of her with a small smile on his face.

“No.” She said as she could already feel the awkwardness filling the air. “I just got here.”

Jiyong nodded his head and pointed at the bench that was right under a light pole. “Let’s sit.”

Awkwardly, she nodded. She was about to just follow him to the bench but Jiyong had kindly gestured her to go first, which made her recalled one of their dates, where he would do the very same gesture. Her heart clenched as old memories came rushing through her mind. She began walking towards the bench and every step that she took, it was killing her a little bit inside. Her heartbeat was beating so fast that she was afraid Jiyong might have heard it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter