Not The Right Time

Everything About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
At the dinner table, it was filled with jokes, laughter, and crazy stories that were chattering around. Jiyong was happily eating as he had forgotten about the conversation he had with Chaerin half hour ago. He tried to not let it bothered him as he was sitting beside his girlfriend, listening to her joking around with Seunghyun, who was crazily telling jokes. Everyone were just enjoying their times together, having a family-like dinner, which was rare for them to have due to being busy idols. He reached for his cup of water and glanced over to his friends, girlfriend, and his girlfriend's mother. Every smile of theirs caused him to smile like an idiot due to the happiness feeling he was feeling inside.

“Why are you smiling like an idiot?” Bom questioned, kicking Jiyong underneath the table, which garnered everyone's attention when they heard Jiyong groaning as he bent down to rub his leg at the aching spot. “It's pretty creepy how you can just smile like that while everyone's chatting like there's no tomorrow.”

He rolled his eyes at the older woman. He gave her a small smile, "It's nothing nuna." He winced as he felt the pain throbbing against his leg. It wasn't a gentle kick for a woman like Bom. He smiled weakly to her, afraid of being kicked again. "Nuna, please don't kick me ever again! Even though you're in house slippers, it still hurts!"

Everyone at the table laughed as they held onto their stomach, watching the two bickering slightly. It wasn't a usual thing between the two. They don't always bicker and causes everyone to form a smile on their faces. Eunji leaned over to her boyfriend. She placed a hand on his shoulder. She chuckled, "I don't blame you. She really knows how to kick."

Daesung nodded with a fork in his mouth. He removed it and threw an arm in the air, “I bet her kick isn't as painful as Dara nuna's!"
Jiyong and Chaerin froze once that name was mentioned. They brought their eyes to Daesung, who was telling everyone the story about how he got kicked by Dara. They weren't listening. They didn't care at the moment. Chaerin glanced over to Jiyong, exchanging quick looks at each other. Trying to brush it off, they let out an inward laughter. Everyone gradually engaged themselves into other topics, leaving the two sighing in relief. He shook his head as he stood up. He quietly excused himself from the dining table. Chaerin looked over to her best friend, who was glancing back and forth; from her boyfriend to her best friend.   Chaerin knew, Eunji was skeptical about what was going on with Jiyong.
She sensed it.

“Excuse me.” Eunji excused herself also.

No one seemed to care since it was normal to excuse yourself from the dining table. They assumed that she needed to use the restroom or so. She sighed and strolled in the same direction as her boyfriend. She searched for him, worried about what was going on with him. She kept following him until she found him standing on the patio in the living room. She stepped out and slide the glass door shut, giving them some privacy.

She stood beside him and he has yet to noticed. He was hunched over the rail with his head hung low. She heard him releasing a few heavy sighs. He seemed to have a lot of things on his mind and she didn't know whether she should even uttered a word. She stood beside him as she hugged onto the rail. She tapped her fingers against the ledge. She brought her attention to the sky. Her eyes observed the very few visible stars. She admired how beautiful they were. Gradually, she began humming to herself.

“Why are you out here?” She finally heard him spoke up.

She turned her attention to him. She watched him standing back up. His head were no longer hanging low. He tilted his head over to her. He shifted his body to his side and leaned it against the edge. He placed his full attention on her. She smiled and reached for his bangs. She ruffled it, "I'm just here looking at the stars."

He scoffed with a small grin on his face, “Yeah, right. You're lying Eunji.”

Quietly, she lowered her head. She rubbed her forearm as she avoided his eyes. Jiyong placed his hands on her shoulders and brought her closer a bit. He lifted her chin up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter