The Things I Do For Love (KkuChaen)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

I could roll my eyes as an officer and a manager were exchanging nags about my case. I found it despicable, rude, and stupid. They continued to come at each other’s neck and throat when I coughed out, pointing at my arm and chin. “Can I at least get a patch for my bruises?”


A roll of newspaper was hit ay my head by that officer, causing the manager to scoff and me to wince lightly. “Is this part of your job? Do you really need to hit your clients?”


Another hit came and I hissed, grabbing that roll and making an attempt to throw at her. Nonetheless, I put it down and spat. “I’m a fansite, for God’s sake. Managers like her let me and other fansites loose in taking pictures of their idols’ events since the beginning of KPOP…and now you act as if it’s a big deal?”


“Listen, Chaeyeon-ssi.” The manager spoke. “What you did violated the privacy of the event. It was a private event; meaning fans who came aren’t allowed to take any form of media and disclose it to the public.”


“Except that I won’t disclose it to the public.” I spat. “I usually keep them in my PC and I never disclose any media deemed private. I’m part of the fancafé, I have private mail, and have attended many private events. I always kept any media for myself and I never have the intention to disclose them because of the rules.” I grabbed my phone. “I have my gadgets to prove it.”


“Whatever.” The police scoffed. “I’ll need to confiscate your camera for the next three days.”


My fangirl perked up. I am Lee Chaeyeon; a professional photographer, a proud fansite for famous girl group ENOZI’s – especially for the group’s maknae Jang Wonyoung, and a law-abiding citizen. Hearing this tard of a police officer to confiscate my prized camera with all my wonderful pictures on it was a violation itself. I refuse in my dead body that my pictures will be in the hands of people I don’t trust. And judging from this tard, she was going to delete all of the content I worked hard for.


“Can’t we have another way of doing this?” I asked, scooting the camera closer to myself. “I can be detained but for the love of the Almighty, please don’t take my camera away.”


“As a law-abiding citizen, you have to follow these policies. We just need to keep it. We won’t touch the contents,” said the police.


“How should I know? Can I trust you for that?”


“I’m a police officer – “


“And a police officer can play the crook card. You’re not as innocent as those criminals in bars.” I spoke. “You can be susceptible to imperfection.”


I could see the manager gone silent, even one familiar officer did a mic drop behind the tard’s back. She was growing pissed and forced coercion by pulling my camera away from my grasp.


Jokes on her. I was fighting for what’s mine.


The calm meeting inside a police station became angrily dynamic. The tard and I were exchanging grips and pulls for the camera. I had the upper hand, being careful not to damage it. She cussed and grabbed the same rolled newspaper and she hits my hands. I hissed because of the minor yet consecutive impacts but I wasn’t going to surrender. No slaps from some ty newspaper was going to stop my hands.


“Just. Let. It. Go. Lady!” She spat her words with every slap on the head.


You let go! What kind of a police officer are you to hit civilians?!” I spat back, holding my camera for dear life.


More familiar officers arrived and gasped of our situation. A ducky officer went to scold the tard as the mukbang and fairy officers came to pull me away. Two more officers were by the side; a cherry blossom and a puppy, with the puppy trying to stop the cherry blossom.


It was the cherry blossom officer that caught my eye. She had an angry yet worried look towards me and I gave her the puppy eyes. Her gaze turned soft as she exhaled to face the tard properly. 


“Yah, Lee Chaejeong! You don’t do such actions to civilians, let alone a client!”


“Shut up, Choi Yena!” Chaejeong the tard spat. “She is the one not abiding to our policies!”


“That’s not the concern. The fact that you hit her multiple times with a rolled newspaper is not how we address these situations.”


My subconscious was sticking a tongue while ogling towards the cherry blossom officer. I was so lucky to have my knight to come to the rescue.


To my rescue…


“But Sakura – “


“Who do you think you’re talking to?” Sakura raised.


“But Chief Miyawaki – “


“Your actions are unbecoming since you got into position.” Sakura faced her while Chaejeong the tard waned like a weak dog. “Shall I depose you again?”


“Chief – “


“Silence, Lee. I’ll handle this situation.” Sakura took over and sat across me. “Thank you, Kwangbae and Ssamu. You may return to your desks. Yenduck and AhnYu…” She instructed. “…you two will take Chaejeong out for some air.”


The set of officers obeyed and went to their endeavors, making me huff in relief. Sakura maintained her serious look and I didn’t react. She was at work, after all. Nonetheless, she faced the manager and talked me out of the situation.


“Listen, Manager-nim. You don’t need to fret about this. I will do the procedures myself. Miss Lee here will be detained in 24 hours for her actions. Rest assured that whatever media she has will be confiscated.” 


The manager fell for it and agreed to Sakura’s proposition. She thanked her and she was off and for my case, I had to be in the detaining room for my crime.


I pouted behind bars as Sakura had my camera and placed in inside her drawer. She got back to me, crossing her arms and looking serious. I gulped a bit and averted my gaze. I was facing a very serious chief of police.


Yes. The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency had a Japanese officer holding the highest position within its bureau. But looking at her ring identical to mine, I hoped for her to be less serious than usual.


“You’re staying here and please behave. I’ll return to you this evening.” She spoke then called Yujin. “Keep her company.”


The youngest police corporal nodded as Sakura went out to do work with Kwangbae – deputy police chief Kang Hyewon as she was called. I say by the bench as Yujin sat across me, leaving the bars to separate us.


I looked around the office and saw the rest of the officers. There was police captain Choi Yena eating a sandwich, police lieutenant Kim Chaewon skimming a book on the Korean Constitution, police sergeant Yabuki Nako busy on her station’s PC and the one who did the mic drop, and there’s police corporal Ahn Yujin keeping me company.


“AhnYu, who was that tard?”


“Lee Chaejeong, you mean?” Yujin perked up, causing the other officers to shush her. 


Yujin chuckled yet answered. “She the lowest ranking officer here. She’s a police technician yet she entertains clients like a chief of police puppet.”


“Word.” Chaewon addressed. “She got in here because of connections with the government. She’ll never climb up the ranks, especially when your fiancée is in charge.”


The officers cooed and I blushed. Then again, I sighed. “Yet my fiancée detained me…”


“She follows the law, Chaeyeon. Being the chief of police, she’s very serious with her work.” Nako added. “But with you involved, she would also do everything in her power to protect you.”


“Too much love in the air.” Yujin coughed.


“Tease me again and I won’t give you pictures of your biases in ENOZI.”


They perked up and were silent. They may be law enforcers but were also fangirls like me. Each of them had different biases, with me and Yujin sharing the same bias. I always gave them raw pictures of their biases in public events but never for the private ones.


“Unnie, can you send me a picture of Wonyoung in that event you attended?”


“I can’t AhnYu. It’s a fandom rule not to share.” I said. “But I can give you an extra month subscription for their private mail.”


“Deal.” Yujin nodded like an obedient puppy.


It was lunch time. Yujin was tasked by Yena to buy food for us and extra medicinal patches for my bruises. It was another factor to why Sakura looked angry because she never wanted me in harm. And with Chaejeong slapping me with that rolled newspaper, she would explode.


Nonetheless, I had to behave the whole day and later, I had explaining to do.


The things I do for love…


+++


It was tough pursuit in getting the thief buy luckily, Hyewon was a fast runner. She managed to cuff him and we send him back to the station.


“Steady, Kkura.” Hyewon scolded me for my driving. “I know you’re worried about Chaeyeon but surely, she’s behaving. The rest of the guys are there with her so it’ll be fine.”


She had a point so I maintained a good distance. As I drove, I remembered that moment when Chaejeong the tard slapped my girl with that rolled newspaper. The bruises were even evident that I could just grab her collar, break her jaw, and fire her from there. I was pissed to the bone because no one does that to my girl.


To my Chaeyeon…


We arrived back at the station and Hyewon sends the their to a separate detaining room. I returned to the detaining room where Chaeyeon was at and she was sleeping. I would be pissed for the mistreatment but there was none of that thanks to a soft pillow that cushioned her head and a blanket that kept her warm.


“Just as you would want it, Chief.” Yena saluted.


“Good job.” I patted her head. “But she’ll transfer to my office.”


Yena returned to her desk as I opened the room. The creak woke her up and I crouched to meet her face. Since it was the end of the working hours, I’ll be losing the formalities. 


“Hi…” I caressed her cheek and pecked it. “Are you okay?”


“I am…” She mumbled, holding my hand by her face. “What took you so long?”


“Pursuit. Kwangbae and I caught a thief.” I spoke as I helped her up. “Come on. Let’s have a talk at my office.”


Chaeyeon agreed and we got inside, with Yena volunteering to clean the place up. I let Chaeyeon sit by the couch and followed suit, trapping her in my embrace. Chaeyeon hugged back with twice the passion.


As much as I want to just cuddle her, we had some things to discuss. “Was Wonyoung looking good in that private event?”


Chaeyeon answered wholeheartedly. Usually, I would be jealous but no. Being a fan for an idol group was normal and being infatuated with them was part of its norm. I never bat because I always know that even if she was a fansite, I was always number one in her heart, and her in mine.


“How was the event?”


“It was lovely. ENOZI were holding a driveway concert. After my work, I went there right away. Since the car had to be repaired, I joined with the other fansites and we sat on the trees’ branches.”


“Wait. You climbed a tree?!” I gasped. “What if you fell and got hurt?!”


“I’m a good climber, Kkura. I won’t fall.” Chaeyeon continued. “It was a wonderful event that us fansites had to take pictures, even if the rules say that we shouldn’t. You could say were like gray-hats. We violated by taking pictures but we didn’t by not sharing it to the public.”


“Yet you got caught?”


“Yet I got caught. It wasn’t me but all of us.” Chaeyeon spoke. “So we jumped down and made a run for it. And if you’re wondering why I was the only one who got caught, I tripped on my loose shoelace.”


I burst out my laughter. I imagined Chaeyeon to escape; she was a better runner than I’ll ever be. Yet, a loose shoelace became her one-way ticket to detention. Chaeyeon slapped my shoulder and whined, making me stop my laughter and making me hug her tighter.


“And then I was sent here and Chaejeong the tard did that stunt to me.” Chaeyeon mumbled, nuzzling my neck. “I was worried about you. You looked so pissed.”


“Because no one does that any civilian. And no person should dare to hurt my girl. I was so close to breaking her jaw.” I spoke, cupping her face. “She did these bruises to you do, didn’t she?”


“No. These are the results for tripping.” Chaeyeon added. “I’m sorry if I became naughty. I won’t do anything reckless again.”


“It’s okay. And I know you mean well. You always do.” I spoke, kissing her forehead. “But please be careful next time. I don’t want you in harm, even if you only have one scratch.”


Chaeyeon nodded then asked. “What about my camera? My pictures?”


“I have to keep it in my drawer for three days. It’s part of the policy.” I spoke. “But I promise to return it to you with the pictures undeleted. I’ll make sure that it’s always in my hands and that the others won’t touch it, not even that tard but promise me you won’t share it to the public. Will you be okay with that?”


She promised and nodded. I always know Chaeyeon stuck to her promises. I could sense her relief when I took over the case. She would abide either way but only towards the right people. And being her fiancée, I wanted to take the case to protect her.


“Thank you, baby…” Chaeyeon mumbled through the hug.


“You’re welcome, babe.” I spoke and kissed her. “I love you.”


“I love you too.”


We shared our hugs and we decided to stay at the office. She was still detained yet I promise to be by her side.


The things I do for love…