Our Love: Part 4 (2Kim, Annyeongz, JangChae, Jinjoo)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

It was another day. Minju woke up first, eyes blinking like sporadic stoplights and head turning around, stopping in shock as Chaewon was asleep next to her. It was at that moment that Minju was hit with what happened last night.

“So this is your apartment…” Yujin spoke, looking up the fancy building.

“Yeah. Thank you for coming with me, Yujin.”

“Hold on…” Yujin rubbed her eyes. “You and Chaewon-unnie live in the same building?”

Minju tried her hardest not to react. Questions ran to how Yujin had that hunch. Did Chaewon tell her? What about Wonyoung?

“Probably.” Minju reasoned.

“Oh, okay…” Yujin nodded then patted Minju’s back. “Mind me for asking. I saw her coming here with some vans and a truck but anyway, see you tomorrow, Angel.”

Minju nodded and waved. Yujin waved back before walking and she went inside. Upon walking on the hallways and greeting familiar staff, Minju bumped on a taller body. She winced and slowly got up. “I’m sorry. I – “

Minju froze upon lending a hand. The said taller body was a crying Wonyoung. Minju had the possibilities running in her mind while helping her up when Wonyoung lets herself go and ran off, shocking Minju.

“What was that about?” She mumbled and continued walking.

After a few steps and a right turn, Minju arrived at the room. She opened the door gently just as she closed it behind her. She placed her shoes neatly and looked around for Chaewon. She stopped by their bedroom and she saw Chaewon sitting by her desk.

“I’m home…” Minju whispered.

Chaewon looked at her like a scared child. Judging from seeing Wonyoung by the hallways seconds ago, Minju reckoned that something was wrong between them. As a sign of respect, Minju didn’t ask Chaewon and went closer to her. Chaewon reacted immediately, hugging Minju close to her. Minju was frozen again but she slowly patted Chaewon’s back and hugged her back.

Minju was silent throughout the hug for she only cared about Chaewon’s comfort. Chaewon hugged tighter, mumbling. “I’m sorry for this. Wonyoung and I had an argument because I didn’t tell her that we moved in this apartment.”

How could Minju forget that day? Their old house was for lease as an order from their parents, hoping to secure the secret further. As a result, they moved in a fancy apartment. Minju would understand Chaewon’s reasons to why she couldn’t tell anyone. They were not supposed to. But it seems Wonyoung was too persistent to know that Chaewon surrendered upon telling her.

“I see...” Minju answered. “You look tired, Ssamu. You should sleep early.”

“Not without you…”

Minju’s conscience sighed and wanted to scold Chaewon to stop her attempts. Outside, Minju nodded and excused herself to change. For Chaewon, she laid on the bed and waited for her.

Not long after, Minju returned with a matching pajama. Chaewon couldn’t hold a smile and pat the vacant side. Minju also couldn’t hold her own as she laid beside her. Minju couldn’t face Chaewon so she rolled over yet –

“S-Ssamu!” Minju gulped as Chaewon spooned her.

Chaewon didn’t say anything and hugged her tighter, causing her to sleep instantly. Minju felt tensed but she had to relax if she needed to sleep. She slowly breathes in and out, letting her body relax and indulge on the hug.

Her heart felt wonderful but her mind was conflicted. Sometimes, Minju wondered if time will come that she won’t want it anymore.

The time jumps back to the present as Minju looked at a sleeping Chaewon. The latter ended up leaning on Minju while snoring, sometimes causing Minju to snort her laugh. Minju had to relax again and just wait for her to wake up.

No, Minju…

Her conscience spoke those words because her hand went involuntary to reach for Chaewon’s cheek.

You’re right…

Minju huffed and retracted her hand away. She would’ve gotten up when Chaewon held her hand. Minju looked back to see Chaewon waking up and inching her hand close to her cheek.

This isn’t right.

Minju slowly lets her hand go and got up, walking quickly to prepare breakfast. The calm morning suddenly became tensed as Minju became careless in the kitchen, dropping utensils and tripping herself.

“Min!” Chaewon drew closer and helped her up. “Min, are you okay?”

“I’m okay! I’m okay…” Minju tenses in answering before relaxing again. “Mind me for my clumsiness. Why don’t you prepare yourself first? I’ll cook our breakfast.”

Chaewon would’ve persuaded but Minju made her not to. She agreed to what the latter said and went to the bathroom. Preparing their bathroom essentials and hanging their uniforms on the driest side of the room, Chaewon proceeded to undress, toss her clothes in the laundry basket, and showered.

As the water ran down her body, her tears blended in. She wanted to curse herself, bury herself in the ground, and just not exist because Minju was suffering. At the same time, Wonyoung mattered to her and she wasn’t the typical cocky woman that would just get rid of her.

Her heart accepted both girls but in this world, two people can never share one heart of another.

+++

“Hello~ good morning~” Yujin peeked through her classroom’s door.

Most of her classmates greeted Yujin but Wonyoung’s greeting stood among them. After that, however, Wonyoung’s expression became sour. Yujin knew those gestures that she got inside and sat beside her.

“Hey…” Yujin patted her back. “What happened this time?”

Wonyoung could never hide her negative emotions towards Yujin. The puppy knew her all her life so she understood her. She sighed while closing her notebook. “Ssamu didn’t inform me that she moved to a different place. I went to her house and made myself a complete idiot because she wasn’t there anymore.”

“Where did she move to?”

“At a prestigious apartment. It was off-limits to non-residents but I had to be persistent.” Wonyoung huffed. “I got inside since I informed them that I was Ssamu’s girlfriend.”

Yujin chuckled. Wonyoung whined but Yujin just pinched her cheeks. The gesture made Wonyoung hiss and blush.

Weird…

“You were always feisty, Won.” Yujin patted her back. “But don’t be too stressed about it. I’m sure Chaewon-unnie had her reasons. She would’ve told you sooner but you got so impatient.”

“Hey! I’m her girlfriend so I should be informed first!” Wonyoung huffed again.

Yujin cooed her by pinching her cheeks. Wonyoung found it annoying yet she couldn’t bat since Yujin was doing it. Being childhood friends had its benefits to which you can bug each other yet love each other at the end of the day.

It wasn’t the typical love. It was platonic.

The school bell rung and Yujin would’ve returned to her seat when Wonyoung made her sit again, asking the real owner of the chair to switch places with Yujin. Luckily, their classmate didn’t mind. Many of them came inside, talking about many things. One topic, however, caught the giants’ attention.

Hey, I heard Minju-nim will be part of the modelling team as an ambassadress for the university. I can’t wait to see her on the day of the procession.

Really? So she’ll be competing with Wonyoung? I also heard that THE Secretary Kim Chaewon-nim will be the one to decide who will be the center at the end of the school year so the two are in a tight competition.

She’ll be chosen. She’s the secretary’s girlfriend after all. It’s the privilege she receives.

Not so loud now. She’s in our class.

Psh. Why does she get to have it all? It’s annoying.

“Yah.” A long leg blocked them. “You must be idiots to think we don’t have ears.”

“AhnYu, please…” Wonyoung nudged her. “Don’t mind them.”

“How could I not when they’re hurting you?!” Yujin hissed and got up, towering her classmates. “You guys have a problem with my best friend?!”

Some pulled their peers to stay away while the rest scoffed, thinking that Wonyoung was getting away with it again because she had Yujin. Then again, Wonyoung pulled her to sit down again.

“I swear to God…” Yujin huffed as her fists clenched. “…if they hurt you again, they’ll regret their entire existences.”

Wonyoung watched Yujin grab a box of Pepero from her pocket and gave it to Wonyoung. She grabbed another box and opened it for her own consumption.

“Won, don’t you look at me like that.” Yujin poked the box with a piece. “The package is limited edition. I told Appa to tell his staff to make that flavor again.”

Wonyoung looked at the mint chocolate-flavored Pepero. Its box was of her favorite edition and was the real product. After all, her best friend is the heir of Lotte. She couldn’t hold her smile and had a piece before their class started.

Wonyoung sighed sweetly. She wouldn’t know what to do if Yujin wasn’t there for her.

+++

“Finally, you’re joining a club!!” Yuri cheered as she hugged Minju.

Minju scratched her head as the news of her being a potential candidate for the school’s ambassadress came to light. Many students had many reactions yet her best friend’s reaction was of utmost importance.

“In a way, Yul…” Minju mumbled. “As you and Yena told me before, I need to gain confidence by exposing myself to various activities. This was a blessing in disguise because the student council offered the chance to me.”

“Well, they didn’t flop this one.” Yuri pranced around Minju as if she was presenting her. “You’re gifted, Min. I can feel that you have so much to offer. You just need a little push, that’s all.”

Minju chuckled of Yuri’s antics. They were a bickering duo when they were younger yet those tendencies became calm as they grew. Despite that, Yuri was caring as much as Minju was for her. And when Yena joined in as Yuri’s girlfriend, Minju was taken care of by them, like she was their child.

“Hey, thanks for that, you dip.”

“And we’re back at this bickering.” Yuri laughed and winked. “Same to you, dip.”

“Say dip one more time and I’ll consider myself as the third.” Yena quacked.

Yuri went to hug and kiss her, leaving Minju to chuckle and look away. The couple broke and huddled Minju in a hug.

“Congratulations for being part of the university’s modelling club. We can finally see your face in the trampolines~”

“It’s tarpaulins, babe.” Yuri corrected.

“Thank you. By the way, I need to go. The procession will start in ten minutes so…” Minju spoke while getting her things. “…see you~”

The couple waved as Minju ran along the hallways. The procession would be held at the sky gym and it was a seven-story trip. Minju couldn’t use the elevators since they were out of order. So, she sprinted up the different floors. Her momentum was fine on the first two floors but up on the fifth. But then, Minju wanted to be early because she wanted to make a good first impression.

“Come…on…” Minju huffed. “Do it for you.”

“Min!”

Minju collided with a body and winced. She looked to apologize when she yelped and buried her face on the floor.

“Min! Oh, no…I’m so sorry.”

Minju yelped again yet her eyes peer at the person in front, lending a hand.

“N-No…it’s okay, Ssamu.” Minju spoke and tried to get up.

“No, it’s not. I feel awful. Please…” Chaewon got her up and checked on her.

Minju was frozen as Chaewon scraped dirt off her and gazed at her from head to toe. Her nose was puffing her breaths so she wouldn’t be too flushed.

“Thank you, Ssamu.” Minju mumbled once Chaewon broke.

“Ssamu~”

Minju was quick to enter the gym as Wonyoung came to view. Chaewon was shocked yet Wonyoung had gotten her attention.

“I’m so happy you get to be here for the modelling club’s procession.” Wonyoung spoke as she hugged Chaewon. “I want you to see me, as much as I want to see you.”

“So much love in this moment...”

“AhnYu.” Chaewon waved as Yujin got to them.

“My two favorite people coming to see me.” Wonyoung huddled them in a huge hug.

Chaewon and Yujin chuckle. They broke as Chaewon had to go inside, meeting the rest of the student council. Yujin got to where the audience was at and looked around. Her typical smile had more gleam as Minju was with the other models. Once Minju saw Yujin, she saw her wave. She couldn’t help but wave back.

Within the student council’s table, Chaewon had a keen eye and saw their interaction. She felt uneasy in which Hyewon had the keenest eye.

“Someone’s jealous.”

Chaewon looked at her, saying. “What in the world are you talking about, Kwangbae?”

“Don’t bother asking because that didn’t look like a nothing to me.” Hyewon mumbled. “I know you have a girlfriend and all but you’re starting to feel warm towards your potential wife. And I think that’s more genuine.”

Chaewon was shocked that someone was having a hunch of her relationship with Minju. But knowing Hyewon, she was never the one to meddle. Nevertheless, the procession went on its way, with Eunbi as the master of ceremonies.

PD University’s modelling club wasn’t just for show. It was one of the most important clubs in the university because its members carry the university’s image. To be in the club, one must have the beauty, the skills, the confidence, and the character. And of course, their faces get to be in the university tarpaulins for promotional purposes. Every school year, a procession is arranged by the student council and the modelling club to determine its next members.

Today, this was Wonyoung’s moment. Being an experienced model, she decided to bring her skills to join the club fully. For Minju, this was a great chance to show herself more and to boost her confidence, capabilities, and exposure.

The procession was a initiation rite in a runway. The applicants will showcase their modelling skills and the student council, together with the modelling club’s seniors, will pick who will join. For this year, they had to be strict and select five: three will be picked by the panelists and two will be picked through a lottery.

The audience was wrapped up and cheered for their favorites. Yujin was the most cheerful as she was cheering for Minju and Wonyoung. Minju was slightly unconfident because it was her first time but Wonyoung tamed the runway like it was her own, dubbing her as the crowd favorite.

“Impressive…” One of the club’s seniors, Jung Chaeyeon, spoke while looking at the resumé. “Jang Wonyoung…”

“She’s the known child model for a clothing line years ago,” said a club junior, Joo Kyulkyung.

“I know her. Wonyoung’s the most skilled model of her generation. We even modeled at one fashion show in Milan together,” said Kim Wooseok, the club’s President.

Hyewon heard their talks the most and wowed. It was then that another model became a crowd favorite and most people couldn’t believe their eyes. Chaewon had it the most.

It was Minju.

Somehow, she became driven to do her best and walked the runway with dignity, grace, and poise. In the audience, most of their circle of friends cheered for her, especially Yena, Yuri, and Yujin. In Yujin’s case, her heart grew bigger wings. She had gone smitten.

“She has potential.”

“Really, babe?” Hyewon asked the girl beside her.

“Babe, your girlfriend has been an idol, actress, and model for more than ten years. I know potential when I see one.” Sakura giggled.

“What about Wonyoung?”

“She’s skilled, alright…but her character is crucial. Confidence, skill, and beauty, without character are dangerous.” Sakura added. “Anyway, my vote is clear.”

The student council wowed of Sakura’s observation. Hyewon went with what her girlfriend decided and Eunbi did the same. Chaewon was in a limbo to decide. She was torn between her girlfriend and potential wife.

But being the smitten one she is, she picked Wonyoung.

With the procession over, Eunbi collected everyone’s votes. She and Hyewon rummage through the selected ones, narrowing it to three contingents. Chaewon was called to announce the selected.

The selected ones were Jeon Somi, Bae Jinyoung, and Jang Wonyoung.

The crowd cheered. Wonyoung would’ve expected it but she bowed and thanked the crowd nonetheless. For the circle of friends, they were sad because Minju wasn’t picked. Yujin felt bad for Minju and had an incentive to comfort her and treat her to fish cake after the event.

“There’s still the lottery.” Yena nudged Yuri. “I’m positive and putting all my luck that Minju will be picked.”

“Jang Wonyoung.” Eunbi called as Wonyoung got up front. “You had the most votes from the modelling club and the student council. As part of the rite, you will pick the remaining two members from the lottery.”

A huge box was scooted by Hyewon on the center. Wonyoung went and ruffled her hands inside to get a name.

“Cha Junho.” Wonyoung spoke and the crowd cheered again.

“Cha Junho will be the fourth member to join the modelling club. Last one.” Eunbi spoke.

Wonyoung picked another name, her hands almost dropping them. Nonetheless, she got a grip on a specific paper that became the ultimatum. She opened the name and it took her a long time to say it.

“What did I tell you?” Sakura asked, chuckling. “Her character is crucial to the point she can’t say – “

“Kim Minju.” Eunbi read the name for her.

Minju was shocked yet the other applicants cheered her on. The audience was louder than before, even the circle of friends was jumping for joy.

“Our Minguri!!!” Yena and Yuri hugged each other.

Yujin couldn’t be prouder. She was proud that Wonyoung made it but was prouder when Minju did. The panelists and student body applauded, with Chaewon adding cheers.

She was happy her girlfriend made it but another part of her was happier that her potential wife got in too.

Minju got to the stage with the other contestants and was even placed beside Wonyoung, leaving her to be shocked. Nevertheless, the two bowed at each other lightly and waved. Chaewon looked at them with an applause and a little wow, her subconscious feeling too lucky she had these girls at the palm of her hand towards love.

It was so unfair. One was her girlfriend whom she loved while the other was the arranged wife whom she might never love. Both girls were important in her life but she realized they’ll both be hurt due to her selfishness.

If only she could turn back the clock. She would’ve turned everything right without hurting the two most important people on her life.

+++

It was another weekend at the Kim apartment. Chaewon and Minju were off to a busy morning, studying for the exams. They were sitting by their respective desks and doing their respective tasks; Minju was jotting down notes while Chaewon was researching with her Mac.

Minju’ studying session was distracted by Chaewon’s video call with Wonyoung. She was half-considerate and half-pissed for what’s going on. She was also worried that the video call will last for a long time, resulting her to be stuck in her spot for God knows how long. Luckily, the call only lasted for a hour.

Chaewon was giggling after her video call but a knock from the other side made her stop. She sighed and faced her.

“Yah, Kim Chaewon.” Minju spoke, crossing her arms. “You better concentrate on your studies rather than getting into video calls with your girlfriend.”

“I know.” Chaewon replied.

Minju returned to jotting down notes. Chaewon gulped of her anger and returned to her own work.

After the whole morning, Minju got up to make lunch. She would’ve been an inconsiderate and just whip up her own meal. Yet, her conscience made the decision to also whip up a meal for Chaewon. She went back to their room but had to hide since Chaewon was doing a video call with Wonyoung. Again.

A ring from a phone shocked the supposed couple. Minju rushed to where her phone was when she stopped, realizing that her phone was in the room. If it were the case she went to get it and Chaewon turned her camera on during the video call, she’ll be seen in the footage.

“Damnit, Chae – “

“I need to hold the call, babe.” Chaewon spoke on her video  call and answered Minju’s phone upon seeing the name. “Eommonim?”

Minju went to Chaewon’s side and signaled the latter to give her phone, leaving Chaewon to give to her.

“Eomma.” Minju spoke as she returned to the kitchen. “I’m sorry if I didn’t call right away. Ssamu’s studying and I’m cooking lunch.”

No need, my love. Ranhee and I will be coming there for a visit. We will be bringing your favorites.

Minju was shocked. She wasn’t expecting a family visit today. “Eomma…I…”

Didn’t Ssamu tell you? Ranhee said that she had informed her.

“She must’ve forgotten. Anyway, I’ll prepare the place for your arrival.”

Okay, love. I also need to update you that our families will gather for a dinner later. Your fathers have settled everything so both of your presences are a must.

“Okay, Eomma. I’ll inform Ssamu.”

Minju’s mother hung up, leaving the girl to sigh. Chaewon got out of the room, cussing.

“Whose ing idea was it to have a family gathering?!”

Minju sighed sadly, answering. “Our fathers did.”

Chaewon rubbed her foreheads together. Minju had the conclusion to her complaint but she didn’t want to say it.

Screw that. She didn’t want any of it.

“I promised Wonyoung on a date today.” Chaewon paced around. “Min – “

“Are you suggesting of ditching the dinner?” Minju raised. “Do you know that our mothers are coming here for lunch?!”

Chaewon rubbed her forehead harder. She hated that last-minute family arrangements were in the way of her personal plans.

“Don’t even think about ditching it for Wonyoung.” Minju spoke. “If they found out you went out on a date, who knows what your father will – “

“ – do to me?” Chaewon finished for her.

The supposed couple were left in tension. It was never in their nature to come to disagreements yet here they were, anticipating if one will hit the other with a derogative. Chaewon would be the exception since Minju wanted to tribute respect for their family. Minju would be the exception since she had no right to meddle into Chaewon’s life.

Though both of them knew they had differences in their principles, one thing common was their support towards each other, whether good or bad.

“Your father was quite the hitter.”

Chaewon nodded with a chuckle. She went to Minju so they can sit on the couch.

“How do you even know that?” Chaewon asked her.

“We’ve been friends since we we’re in our mother’s wombs. I know every secret you have, even the darkest ones.” Minju answered. “Your father disciplines you by being very assertive. Ranhee-eommonim was always protecting you from him. She even yelled at him when he was scolding you in front of a two-year-old me.”

“I hated that. He ruined our fun.”

Minju nodded again. The two became awkward until Minju sighed. “Can’t you sacrifice for this day?”

“But Wonyoung…“ Chaewon sighed back. “…I promised her.”

Minju sighed again. “Can’t you sacrifice this day? Can’t you do this out of courtesy for our parents?”

Chaewon was stuck at an ultimatum. Minju couldn’t care less about what she decides.

It had always been that way.

+++

Wonyoung was fixing her make-up inside a café’s bathroom before going to a reserved table. After the video call with Chaewon, she instantly prepared for their date. She also ordered their favorite drinks while waiting and would’ve expected not to wait long.

But who knew an hour had already passed?

Wonyoung tried calling and texting Chaewon but got no answers or replies. That somehow stirred her worry and it was never a good sign.

Wonyoung tried calling again when her phone was snatched. She yelled her anger, shocking the snatcher and the people inside the café.

“Again with your tendencies, Won.” Yujin sat on the vacant seat and gave her phone back. “Breathe.”

Wonyoung did just that and Yujin was there to guide her. Once everything was calm, Wonyoung bowed her apologies to the disturbed customers before facing Yujin. “What brings you here?”

“I finished a game with Jiheon and Doah and I wanted to stop by and eat.” Yujin added. “Also, I came to inform that Chaewon-unnie won’t come for your date.”

“What the…what are you – ”

Yujin showed her phone and Chaewon’s text was in view, with the words exactly as what Yujin mentioned.

“Why didn’t she text me?!” Wonyoung looked at her phone to see no notifications.

“She sent the text before lunch and hasn’t texted anything else. Maybe she’s busy with an emergency.”

“But she should inform me!” Wonyoung flipped out again.

“Hey…maybe it was really important. You can wait, right?” Yujin spoke. “She’ll call or text you when she’s done with it.”

“Is it also a reason why you’re here?”

“In a way.” Yujin shared. “Why? You don’t want me here?”

“I didn’t say that…” Wonyoung looked away, blushing and pouting. “Now that you’re here, you better treat.”

“Already ahead of you” Yujin got up. “I’ll also drink the bland tea you saved for Chaewon-unnie and order our favourites.”

Wonyoung nodded. Her stern gesture remained as her eyes glare at her phone. She was feeling anxious because Chaewon was never the one to skip out a date. She was also fazed that Yujin knew more of her whereabouts than her.

What was going on? What was Chaewon up to?

+++

Chaewon wanted to combust, sleep, or walk away to Wonyoung. The whole day was spent with boring reunions and boring business talks. It was now 8:00 PM and she was in a table with the other siblings. The parents were in their own tables talking about a lot of things.

“Penny for your thoughts, Chaewon-ah?”

“Is wanting to get out of this situation the right thought, Chaerin-unnie?”

Chaerin snorted her laughter as the rest joined. They were children of different age ranges yet they agree on the same satirical side of this dinner.

“Chaerin-unnie, what does it feel like to have a relationship with your brother-in-law?”

“Yah, Kim Minhye!!” Minju and the oldest brother spoke.

Chaewon and Chaerin were shocked of the youngest. Minju apologized for her sake yet Chaewon thought it was shocking yet fine.

“There’s no use of hiding.”

“Minkyu-oppa.” Minju spat. “Not now-“

“That’s good, though. It means there’s still hope in severing the family ties…” Minhye spoke then looked at Minju. “…because our main couple cannot sever them at all.”

Minju was shocked again. This time, it was Chaewon who got worried.

“Don’t even think about it, Minhye.” Minju hissed.

“What? It’s the truth.” Minhye spoke then looked at Chaewon. “Jang Wonyoung and I are in the same class. Does the name ring a bell, unnie?”

Minkyu did the measures and pulled Minhye from the seat and they walked away. Chaerin became worried and came with them, leaving Chaewon and Minju at the table.

“Ssamu, I’m sorry about Minhye. I – “

“At least the truth is a little bit free. I wonder why your family didn’t think about disciplining her to keep shut.” Chaewon began. “And at least we got another secret out.”

Minju sighed. “You really don’t want us to work, don’t you?”

“How can I, Min? I have someone else I love.”

Minju’s heart broke like a thrown brick; heavy and broken. She could only nod and stand up, excusing herself to the parents that she needed to be out for a bit. Chaewon was now alone at the table, feeling guilty and stupid for saying those words.

Outside, Minju went out to see Minkyu and Chaerin. “Oppa, where’s Minhye?”

“She went to her private tutorials. Don’t worry. She got permission from our parents and our butler Mr. Park had picked her up.” Minkyu spoke then held Chaerin’s hand. “You don’t mind about this, right?”

Minju just nodded. “I’m going. Don’t worry as well because I already asked our parents.”

Minkyu and Chaerin looked at the younger helplessly. All of them understood the struggles within their family ties and to put into reality, Chaewon and Minju were the most pressured to sever them.

Minju walked away because she couldn’t handle them anymore. She wept, wanting to just stop everything and just get out of the pressure. While crying, she bumped onto someone.

“I’m sorry – “

“Angel!” Yujin got worried and cupped her face. “What’s wrong?”

Minju only cried and hugged her. Yujin hugged back and soothed her. “Mind telling me?”

Should she? Can she even trust Yujin with a secret made to be kept?

Minju nodded and wiped her own tears away. Yujin never said anything nor stepped away. Just as she promised before, she’ll make sure to be by Minju’s side.

“I could use some fishcake…” Minju mumbled.

“Perfect. Let me treat you as a congratulatory gesture for making it to the modelling club.”

Yujin lended a hand and Minju holds it before walking towards their favorite stall.

+++

A slap greeted Chaewon’s face as they got home. Ranhee was shocked and got to her daughter’s side when the patriarch demanded her not to.

“What was that about?!” He asked. “Your wife went out and you didn’t do anything!! What kind of a husband are you?!”

“Appa, I –“

“You thought I didn’t see?! Minju excused herself to us as she was feeling unwell and you didn’t come with her!!”

“Honey, calm down.” Ranhee defended. “Maybe Minju wanted to go alone. Chaewon had to stay to pay respect for the dinner because the other children needed to go.”

“And Chaerin! Where is she?!!”

The door opened to see Chaerin. She greeted her parents and took a while looking at Chaewon.

“Appa, Eomma, Won.” Chaerin began. “I went with Minkyu-oppa.”

Ranhee was shocked. The patriarch just nodded. “Good. This might be a good chance to sever the ties in case there’s failure.”

“But Honey…we already have Chaewon and Minju – “

“That didn’t do any progress!!” He spat then pointed at Chaewon. “You’re supposed to be the perfect child! You have good grades, a good position in the student council, a good singer for the Glee Club and yet you fail this!!”

The patriarch attempted to slap Chaewon again but Ranhee and Chaerin stopped him. Ranhee went to calm her husband whereas Chaerin pulled Chaewon to her room. She locked the door and faced her crying dongsaeng.

“Hey. Appa’s an .” Chaerin went to hug her. “Don’t let his words get to you.”

“Unnie…I tried…” Chaewon sobbed. “I tried to get along with Minju for this marriage but…I love someone else…”

Chaerin nodded and hugged her still.

“…I love Wonyoung.

Chaerin was shocked. Minhye’s statement was proven. Nonetheless, Chaerin consoled her.

“Tell you what. Go to her.” Chaerin spoke. “Have an evening date. I’ll help you escape.”

“Unnie…you’re not going to say anything bad about it?”

“Who am I to do that?” Chaerin went through her clothes and threw some at her bed. “Just promise me one thing.”

Chaewon wondered. She held one of her sister’s clothes and ask again.

“If ever anything happens to Minju and Wonyoung that could break their hearts, be accountable.”

Chaewon took time to answer. Nonetheless, she thanked Chaerin again and went to the walk-in closet to change. She thanked her again and escaped through the window.

Upon running, Chaewon called Wonyoung to meet at the café again. She also checked her pockets and only had a credit card inside. She panted while running and stopped as she saw…

Min? And Yujin?!

They were boarding a bus together. Chaewon panted as she couldn’t believe it.

Did Min excuse herself for that?

Chaewon wanted to return and wondee what’s going on but Wonyoung was more important. She sprinted again, feeling more eager to get to the destination once it was near. As she got inside, she saw Wonyoung, sighing and wrapping herself around her long jacket. It was evident that she was wearing her pajamas because of her bunny slippers and her pants that was barely covered, either due to the jacket or her height.

She was afraid to face her. She was never the one to change things. She even felt stupid to text Yujin and not her. Her thoughts had to go as Wonyoung looked at her and gestured her to come closer. Chaewon got to a vacant seat.

“Good evening, babe.” Chaewon greeted. “I apologize for cancelling the date a while ago.”

“Let’s cut to the chase, Ssamu. I can’t waste time.” Wonyoung added. “Why didn’t you text me earlier? Why did you text Yujin instead of me? What have you been doing?”

The questions didn’t end there. Chaewon gulped of her girlfriend’s demeanor but she realized it was mostly her fault for being unaccountable.

Just as Chaerin said, she had to be accountable.

“I was in a family reunion. My father talked about it last minute, wrecking our supposed date. I couldn’t say no and I’m really sorry.”

“And what about Yujin? Why did you text her and not me?” Wonyoung asked, crossing her arms.

“I wanted to call you but I was in a hurry. I couldn’t use my phone because my father doesn’t allow it. Instead, I rushed to text Yujin so she can tell you.”

“I waited for two hours. Good thing Yujin saved my time or else I’ll be really mad.”

Chaewon could only nod and apologize. Wonyoung sighed as she couldn’t resist her. Her girlfriend must’ve been stressed out because of many things and as her partner, she must understand.

“You can make it up to me by having this evening date with me.” Wonyoung spoke, reaching to hold her hand. “Let’s ask permission to sleep in a hotel. It’ll be our evening date, just the two of us with no worry in the world.”

Chaewon willingly agreed and asked her sister instead of her parents, with Wonyoung asked her parents. The couple waited for the reply…

…and both got a yes.

“But first…let’s have the first date here.” Wonyoung pleaded with her aegyo.

“Calm down, love. I’ll order and pay.” Chaewon said and excuses herself.

Wonyoung nodded and looked at her girlfriend ordering at the counter. And somehow, she observed something.

Why was she wearing a ring on her ring finger? They never had one yet.

As much as was suspicious, it didn’t matter because Chaewon was with her now.