Always and Truly (SsamYul)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Hello~ this is Jo Yuri. Please leave a message at the end of the beep.

It was all Chaewon heard as she was running towards a special errand. She didn’t have time to clean and prep herself up from work. This special errand was urgent and she would never forgive herself if she was late.

Chaewon finally arrived at the place; a very familiar five-star local bar. She wowed on how a small brick-walled warehouse became large and extravagant inside. Nonetheless, she managed to insert beyond a complaining line of customers and got to her usual spot. The owner saw her and went to greet her.

“Hey, Manager Kim. Is Yul at the backstage?”

“She is. She’s been busy preparing. She’ll be performing in a moment.” She smiled and excused herself to serve the customers.

Chaewon relaxed and as the lights dimmed, she got excited. She drank her water and her eyes glued at the girl in white, wearing a hat that matched her clothes. Chaewon wowed as she sung every note, all the while she gave herself a pat on the back because she was blessed to have her.

To have Yuri…

She serenaded everyone but half of her stop was at Chaewon’s spot. Chaewon prepped herself up as Yuri continued to sing. She even leaned on Chaewon’s shoulder and held her hand, coos ringing around the bar. Chaewon pecked her forehead through her hat as Yuri puts a rose in her pocket before returning to the stage to end her performance.

That went on for a while and with every song, Chaewon was never sick of it.

She loved Yuri so much.

+++

Yuri’s gig ended and she and Chaewon walked home after a good dinner. They shared their days, their smiles, and their touch of their hands that had rings on the ring finger. Once they got home, Yuri sat on their couch, massaging her calves. Chaewon went to her and did the task. “Did the sandals hurt you love?”

“A little…” Yuri mumbled. “How was my performance, love?”

“You never fail to amaze me,” said Chaewon, hands still massaging her calves.

Yuri adored Chaewon’s gestures. Even if she was the busy and successful businesswoman, there was never a day that she missed being there for her. She made her breakfast every day, called her during their vacant hours, and was always present to watch her during her night gigs.

When Chaewon finished, Yuri pulled her for a quick kiss. Chaewon managed to kiss back before Yuri broke to just look at her; to just let Chaewon fill her peripherals.

“You’re tired lately. Should we have our day-off tomorrow?” Chaewon suggested. “I’m just as tired as you are.”

“I need to ask permission.” Yuri spoke as she texted the bar owner. “And you need to inform your employees.”

Chaewon sat next to her and they texted together. Chaewon was quick to send and get a reply that she hugged Yuri. Yuri almost yelped yet she indulged in the embrace. She also got a reply and was happy, turning around to hug Chaewon fully.

“Perfect…” Yuri smiled, looking at Chaewon. “A day…just the two of us.”

“Perfect timing too. It’s a Friday tomorrow so we have three days.”

Yuri pushed Chaewon down and laid on top of her, her head on her chest. Chaewon would’ve loved this but she ended up carrying Yuri to their bedroom. They changed themselves, brushed their teeth, and got to bed together. Chaewon back-hugged Yuri as the two looked at their intertwined hands with their rings.

Yuri still had some insecurities yet Chaewon remained strong for them and was always there for Yuri to make her feel special and a woman the deserved the love in the world. With every day was an accomplishment of living through it and for that, Chaewon popped the question on their anniversary and Yuri was ecstatic, her yes’s evident with every kiss.

A yawn came out of Yuri’s mouth and Chaewon lets her lie down first. She followed suit and Yuri cuddled close to her. Chaewon’s eyes closed slowly, joining her wife in slumber, as she was excited for they days that await them.

+++

Singing was heard as the rays of the Sun hit Chaewon’s eyes. She stretched and yawned and she almost lets out an ‘oof’ as Yuri tackled her for a hug.

“Good morning~” Yuri grinned while pinching Chaewon awake. “It’s time to eat. We have a lot of things to do.”

Chaewon nodded and with her strength, she carried Yuri like she did in their wedding. Yuri enjoyed the ride towards their dining room as Chaewon sniffed the scent of delicious bacon pancakes. Chaewon places Yuri down and they sat on their seats to eat their meal.

“I made them special. With extra honey.” Yuri pointed.

“Delicious…” Chaewon became a giddy kid as she ate more.

“Good speed.” Yuri joined her. “We have to do our general cleaning after this so eat like the good soldier you are.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Chaewon spoke through chews as Yuri pinched her lips, reminding her of etiquette.

+++

Music filled the whole household yet the couple was doing their general cleaning. Yuri was washing dishes, disinfecting and wiping the furniture, and vacuuming the floor. Chaewon was cleaning the bathroom, washing the dishes, and returned to mop the floor. Yuri got down quickly and danced with Chaewon as Ear Candy and I Need A Girl came on queue. Chaewon danced for the male while Yuri was for the female. They looked funny holding the mop and duster but as they threw them away, they grew serious with dancing, especially the fact that they’re in each other’s arms. Yuri became playful and rubbed their noses together.

“Oh, you…” Chaewon pinched Yuri’s nose lightly.

Yuri lets go with a laugh as she checked their clean house. Chaewon thought it was a nice work that she volunteered to put the mop and duster in their maintenance closet. She returned to Yuri, adding a hug. “We’re the only ones unclean.”

“Shower time~” Yuri sang as she pulled Chaewon to the bathroom.

“Eh?! Don’t tell me we’re showering together?!”

“We need to save water. And besides…” Yuri looked down. “…I want to see you – “

Chaewon almost collapsed yet Yuri held her up, slapping her out of her flustered state. Yuri got to the door first and motioned to get in.

“I’ll get your towel.” Chaewon spoke.

“Be quick.” Yuri spoke with a wink.

The door closed and Chaewon gasped. She shook her head and went to get Yuri’s towel.

No way she was getting in the shower with her…

…or so she thought.

+++

“Shopping can be fun~” Yuri sang as she grabbed some fruits. “Shopping is for everyone~”

“Technically, we’re in the frozen section.” Chaewon mumbled as she pushed the cart.

“What was that, love?” Yuri turned to her, raising an eyebrow.

.

“I mean your singing’s lovely.” Chaewon cackled and grabbed some ice cream; one cotton candy and one mint chocolate.

“That’s what I thought.” Yuri got to her side, pointing at a toy section. “Please buy me a plushie.”

“Yul, our storage room’s full of them. I think that’s enough.”

“Please~” Yuri nudged her shirt like a whiny kid.

Chaewon breathes through her nose. Yuri was just too good for her that even her aegyo was going to kill her towards Heaven. In the end, she nodded and asked. “Which one do you want?”

+++

Chaewon’s nose heightened at the smell of stir-fried beef brisket. Ignoring the washed fruits, she got to Yuri’s side and hugged her from the back. “That smells delicious.”

“Have a taste.” Yuri inched a spoon of the sauce towards .

“You first, love. I’ll follow.”

Yuri raised an eyebrow as Chaewon smiled at her. Nonetheless, Yuri took a taste and almost dropped her spoon as Chaewon kissed her. She tasted the sauce and Yuri’s lip and it was more than enough for a decent –

“Aish…you and your antics.” Yuri huffed out of anger yet her face says otherwise.

“Come on, you love it.” Chaewon grinned again.

“No lunch for you if you don’t start making the fruit salad.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Chaewon bowed like a servant for the queen and returned to her task.

+++

A lunch of spicy stir-fried beef, fruit salad with ice cream, and side dishes was luxury for the couple. Chaewon and Yuri enjoyed cooking them, eating them, and cleaning the dishes out once they were done. It was one in the afternoon and they got to the couch, binging in Netflix for a good movie.

“Let’s watch an a.” Yuri suggested.

“No!” Chaewon yelped. “How about a romcom?”

“We’re watching both.” Yuri spoke as she lets Chaewon choose first.

The romcom played and the couple were cuddled up on the sofa. They shared their reactions, their hugs, and their opinions on the movie.

“Mine’s next.” Yuri winked.

Chaewon rolled her eyes and as it played; them returning to their positions. The movie was of impeccable timing because it was a girl-to-girl a. The scenes were too intense for their watching that Yuri suddenly tackled Chaewon on the couch, pressing her body close to hers.

They may be married for two years but Chaewon never advanced to that level. She respected Yuri and will only do so if Yuri will give her consent. But like strong women, they finished the movie with flustered faces.

“We’re not watching that again – “ Chaewon was cut short as Yuri tackled her for a kiss.

No, she wasn’t going to imitate the movie. Instead, she was on top of Chaewon and just gave her lips the attention they deserved. Chaewon kissed back and held Yuri’s head so they can press their lips deeper. They broke for air and Yuri hugged Chaewon, head nuzzling her chest. Chaewon’s shock remained but she hugged Yuri nonetheless.

They weren’t going to watch such movies again.

“Yul?” Chaewon nudged her.

Yuri was frozen. Chaewon continued to nudge her. “Yul, did you sleep?”

A whine and a red face greeted Chaewon and she chuckled. Nonetheless, she hugged Yuri closer to her and decided to end the day being in each other’s arms.

Days like these were always wonderful, especially if the couple are always and truly loving each other. Chaewon smiled at a flustered Yuri still hugging her as she think s about scheduling their next day-off.