My Future Girlfriend: Part 3 (2Kim ft. JangChae)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

The gaming club became another friendship milestone for Chaewon. She trained with her 99z duo, with the other members, and with Minju. It was that moment that she was slowly gaining her smiles and her brightness. They had lectures about tournaments, played games in every media they had, and shared sentiments in forming the club.


It was understandable. Chaewon had the right to smile after what happened; her break-up with Wonyoung wasn’t a good closure, after all.


For now, they were finished with another game. Chaewon was happier on this one because she won her first game. Hyewon and Yena cheered her own and Minju managed to join their circle of friends. Hyewon and Yena had the idea because Chaewon was always happy when Minju was around. 


“Dinner again, Min?” Chaewon asked her.


“Ey…include us too~” Hyewon spoke as Yena nodded.


“Aish! You two have girlfriends. I don’t!” Chaewon huffed.


Hyewon and Yena cooed again. Chaewon was confused with the coos as Minju was torn of liking and not liking them. As they walked and talked about dinner, Minju got a call. “Wonyoung?”


The name froze them, especially Chaewon. Minju excused herself and continued the call. “What made you call?”


We should have dinner tonight.


“I have dinner with the Hanlim students. You should join us.”


Wonyoung was silent. Minju understood that and wanted to rant at her for being a coward. If it was true that they broke up, she would’ve moved on from Chaewon already.


But no. Minju was a softie.


Okay. Where will we meet?


Minju held the call and went to the trio. “Wonyoung wants to join us. Will it be okay?”


Hyewon and Yena didn’t give a damn but their main concern was Chaewon. In the end, the decision was in Chaewon’s hands.


“That’s fine, Min.” Chaewon assured her. “Wonyoung’s not a stranger to the three of us. It’ll be great.”


Minju nodded and continued the call elsewhere. For Hyewon and Yena however, they were concerned about their friend.


“You’re joking.” Yena squinted and Hyewon joined her.


Chaewon shook her head, just in time for Minju to return. She also had the concern for Chaewon yet the latter assured her with a pat on her shoulders. “It’s okay. It’s just dinner.”


Chaewon went ahead. Minju was at her tail as Hyewon and Yena followed with remaining precaution. Even if Wonyoung was familiar to them, the break-up made a bad impression for them. After all the crossdressing and lovey-dovey fuss, the 99z duo never hesitated to protect Chaewon from her sadness.


With a bus trip and small walk, they arrived at the restaurant Hyewon suggested. As they got inside, it wasn’t hard to find a table because Wonyoung reserved one. Minju called for her best friend and the latter waved back, although she had a longer stare towards Chaewon.


“Hey, Won. It’s been a while.” Yena greeted her with a hi-five. “We might be in the same school now but we don’t see each other that much.”


“I could say the same, even for Min here.” Wonyoung spoke as they sat. “You’ve been busy with the gaming club, I presume.”


“You’d be busy with your modelling club too, Won.” Minju added. “I’ll do runs for our orders so lay out your preferences.”


Hyewon and Yena spoke first. Wonyoung followed and made a suggestion for Chaewon’s order when Chaewon pulled Minju up and they went to the counter together. Minju was in a shock and her beating heart didn’t help.


She couldn’t, not when Wonyoung was with them.


“Ssamu, what about Wonyoung’s suggestion?”


“Spicy tteokbokki?” Chaewon askes then chuckled. “I don’t eat that anymore. Go for the mild, like the ones we order.”


Minju nodded and entertained the cashier with their orders. Chaewon even added extra desserts for all of them and volunteered to pay for all their meals.


“Ssamu – “


“I insist, Min.” Chaewon spoke. “This is my second turn.”


Minju just nodded as they waited for the orders. She rested her hand on Minju’s shoulders, leaving the latter blushing.


Unbeknownst to them, Wonyoung saw them. She can’t help but feel jealous.


“Penny for you thoughts, Won?” Yena asked as Hyewon was busy playing mobile games. “It’s better that way, though.”


“What makes you say that?” Wonyoung asked back. “You know I had to do it for our future.”


“Future, my .” Hyewon scoffed while playing. “Just admit that you’re selfish to do what you want that you left Chaewon.”


Wonyoung would’ve batted when Chaewon and Minju arrived with their food. They got the dishes, said grace, and dug in. Chaewon went to return the trays and returned to her seat; in between Minju and Wonyoung.


It was a silent dinner. Hyewon was in her own world, pigging out. Yena exchanged looks at the triangle before her. Minju feelt awkward, Wonyoung thought of making a move, and Chaewon had to calm the opposing forces inside her.


“I’m curious about your friendship with the trio, Won.” Minju started conversation. “How did you guys know each other?”


“Crossdressing.” Wonyoung spoke as if it was nothing. “Chaewon and Yena shared the same interest as I had. Hyewon came after – “


“ – after my first year in Hanlim.” Chaewon interjected. “She and Yena were classmates since junior high. I came a year later.”


Hyewon chuckled about the story, causing Yena to perk up and Minju to wonder about their actions. Chaewon eased Minju by holding her hand at the bottom of the table. Minju’s face was flushed yet she had to calm down by downing another bite of okonomiyaki.


“Mind me if I got into dinner with you guys.” Wonyoung spoke again. “Min and I haven’t hung out much ever since she went to the Philippines and ever since we got busy with club activities. I also missed you guys.”


Especially you, Ssamu.


“This isn’t enough.” Yena finally downed her meal. “Let’s order extra, Kwangbae~”


Hyewon was quick to get up as Yena followed her. Chaewon could kill her friends for leaving her in a situation like this.


“Min.” Wonyoung handed her card. “We should have more side dishes.”


“You sure you want to order for all of us?” Minju asked as she received the card.


Wonyoung nodded. Minju shrugged and caught up to Yena and Hyewon…


…when Chaewon held her hand and got the card from her.


“Stay, Min.” 


Hyewon and Yena returned with another tray of food. Chaewon handed Wonyoung’s card to Yena, adding. “Wonyoung wants side dishes. You mind buying for us?”


“Luckily, my hasn’t landed on my seat.” Yena mumbled and went to do the errand.


Hyewon wanted to react but her food was more important. Minju slowly sat back down to eat, leaving Chaewon to feel relieved and for Wonyoung to scoff internally.


Nonetheless, Yena returned with another tray of side dishes and their dinner resumed.


+++


The five friends had a wonderful dinner full of talks with a hint of awkwardness. Hyewon and Yena were off to play games whereas Chaewon, Minju, and Wonyoung went to their homes, which happened to be in the same neighborhood.


The world was small after all.


“Home is this way, Ssamu.” Wonyoung pointed out. 


“It’s fine, Ssamu.” Minju assured her. “You and Wonyoung should be off.”


“Min, I want you home safely.” Chaewon insisted.


“Same with both of you.” Minju insisted back. “Have a good night, you two.”


“You too…” Chaewon spoke as Minju walked away. 


Chaewon had a longer stare at Minju and Wonyoung had to witness it all. Nonetheless, they walked together since they lived on the same street. Wonyoung did slow walks despite her long steps because she thought this was a chance to clear the air.


After all, the attempts at the dinner failed.


“It’s been a while since we walked together, Ssamu.” Wonyoung started. “It feels nice.”


Chaewon just nodded yet she had her chance to reply. “It was odd for you to have dinner with us. Your maids cook well.”


“I know…but I wanted to have dinner with you guys because I missed you all.” Wonyoung spoke. “I missed you the most.”


Chaewon stopped. Wonyoung did too as her hand reached to hold her arm.


“If you’re trying to sound such feelings out, then don’t.” Chaewon looked back. “I’m at peace now.”


Wonyoung hated Chaewon’s seriousness. Nonetheless, she smacked her arm and laughed. “I know. I was kidding. I only wanted to break the ice.”


Chaewon continued walking. Wonyoung was on her tail until the reached a familiar mansion. Wonyoung got to the gate and asked Chaewon to come inside.


“I’m not up for it.” She spoke.


“Okay.” Wonyoung nodded. “I’m glad to see you again, Ssamu.”


“Me too.”


“We can say hi to each other, right?”


“Yes. Ignoring each other would be uncool and childish. Anyway, I’ll be going now.” Chaewon spoke as she went on her way.


“Good night, Ssamu.”


Chaewon stopped again, saying. “Night.”


Wonyoung watched Chaewon walk, her smile fading into a frown. She got inside her home like a lifeless doll, shocking for the maids and her family for she was known to be lively in coming home. Nonetheless, Wonyoung got to her room, changed for bedtime, and slumped on her bed with tears on her eyes.


Chaewon wasn’t just a crossdressing woman she dated. She was everything. She was loved by her whether she dressed like a guy or a girl. She was loved by whether she was a naughtly little brother or a nice little sister. Most of all, she was loved by her because she was herself; sweet, loving, and passionate.


She was too passionate. She had a dream of becoming a model. She was too passionate with that dream that Chaewon was struggling to catch up to her until she was left behind. It made Chaewon give up on the relationship, causing their break-up. It was recent yet it was heart-wrenching, especially for Wonyoung.


If she wasn’t too selfish, maybe she still had Chaewon. If she wasn’t too selfish, she wouldn’t deny Hyewon and Yena’s comments that spoke the truth. If she wasn’t selfish, she wouldn’t feel envy and bear a little grudge against Minju, her own best friend.


Before she slept, a text got to her phone. Wonyoung read it and she cried even more.


Hey. Are you okay? You looked uncomfortable a while ago. You can talk to me about it, okay? Sleep well.


Minju texted that. Wonyoung shuts her phone off and slept, wetting her pillow.


She was being unfair. She wants her ex-girlfriend back, wanting to be her future girlfriend once more.