An Extremely Busy Marriage: Part 1 (KkuChaen)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Miyawaki Sakura was as idle as a watcher on patrol. Being the CEO of a multi-billion company, she had to be within the working premise to check on everything. From the marketing sector to the  maintenance sector, Sakura had her senses keen to make sure every sector plays their part in keeping the company going.


For now, she and her secretary Yabuki Nako were at their favourite café. Nako was discussing matters about their next infrastructure project whereas Sakura had her ears on the discussion and her eyes on someone who was at the counter, serving the customers with her contagious laugh.


“Mrs. Miyawaki? Are you still with me?”


“Why wouldn’t I?” Sakura asked back.


“Mind telling me about the things I discussed just now?”


“After we compare and contrast both of our branches in Fukuoka and Tokyo, we can get a head start on where we’ll get our materials for the infrastructure project.” Sakura began. “As a treat, we’ll negotiate with the Kims to settle the location; a lot close to the National Museum of Korea. I heard the lot there is huge and is perfect for the project...” She grabbed her tea and drank. “...but only if we beat the Kangs to it.”


“I should never underestimate you next time, boss.” Nako bowed lightly. 


“I try.” Sakura added then spoke. “Do you mind calling her to come here?”


Nako nodded and went to the counter. Sakura eyed her secretary and the cashier as her request came to life. One of her employees took over and the cashier got to the table with Nako behind her.


“Good day, Mrs. Miyawaki. I’m the owner of Leé Café in all aspects of this business, including but not limited to food, internet, and studying services.” The cashier greeted. “To what business do I owe you today?”


Sakura told her to sit down. Nako excused herself to return to the company, leaving the two to themselves at the VIP conference room. 


“Good day to you too. I need you to accompany me today.” Sakura spoke as she held her hand. “With the both of us busy with work, I want to have every free time I have to be with you.”


The said cashier smiled and held Sakura's hand back. Sakura couldn’t hold her smile as she saw the identical ring on her hand, just close to her own.


The said cashier was not only the owner but also her wife of three years.


She was Lee Chaeyeon but is now Miyawaki Caiyan in the eyes of the court. She owned the said café that bore her maiden name because it was a family business. As the eldest of the three siblings, she was the successor. The café was also popular by many customers because of the food, excellent internet signal, and its commodities of study and conference rooms. It was also in a good place because it was between Seoul National University and MS Corporate, the company owned by Sakura.


Chaeyeon was too lucky. She owns a successful business and is married to a business owner herself.


For now, they were talking about many things and sharing laughs. It went like that for a while when both got calls from their work.


“Meeting?” Chaeyeon asked.


“Yes. I’m needed at the company's conference hall in ten minutes.” Sakura spoke. “I guess the café's packed with customers now.”


“Yes. My employees will need my help as this hour.” Chaeyeon got up. “We both need to return to work.”


“Wait.” Sakura stopped her, standing up and holding her hand.


“What is it, love?” Chaeyeon asked.


Sakura may be a cold CEO but was a softie towards her wife, especially when she’s called that way. Chaeyeon saw her flushed expression that she smiled and held her face. 


“Love...I...I was wondering...” Sakura spoke despite her flushed face. “...maybe you’d like to – “


“Go out to dinner?”


“Y-Yeah...then maybe afterwards, we’ll go – “


“Dancing?”


“Sure!” Sakura nodded. “This Saturday at 7?”


“I’d love to.” 


Sakura couldn’t hold her smile. She expected Chaeyeon to let go but their distance from each other’s faces was inches away. Despite being married to her, Sakura always felt mushy with Chaeyeon's gestures.


“You know what, love...” Chaeyeon whispered. “...we can make babies after dancing.”


Chaeyeon pecked her cheek and left the room. Sakura's eyes glued on the door as her face was redder than a tomato.


“M-Making babies...” Sakura mumbled as she scratched her head and left. 


She spared a flying kiss towards Chaeyeon as she got out and sprinted towards her company building. Employees greeted their boss as Sakura greeted back while going to the conference hall. As soon as she arrived, the members greeted her.


“Just in time, Mrs. Miyawaki.” Nako chuckled then asked. “You seem parched. Shall I get you a glass of water?”


“Yes, please.” Sakura spoke and regained composure. “Let’s start the meeting, shall we?”


+++


It was Saturday evening and the married couple went around town for their evening date, just as they planned earlier. They ate at a fancy restaurant and went on a exclusive and guaranteed club to drink and dance.


When it came to dancing, Chaeyeon was the queen. Sakura had little to average skills and mostly danced when Chaeyeon danced. Sakura gulped as she and Chaeyeon danced with the crowd. She was a simple-looking owner  but was the hottest wife when it came to dancing in the club. Her hair was tied up and she wore a fitted shirt and jeans. Sakura was still the business-looking CEO but her suit was fitting and almost revealing her chest. 


They didn’t care about it. What mattered was each other and every moment they spent together.


“Love, did you have too much to drink?” Chaeyeon cupped her cheek and patted them gently.


“No.” Sakura laughed it out.


The two finished their evening date and were walking home. They were side by side, bumping each other playfully, and sometimes running, with Sakura carrying Chaeyeon as they sprint to their simple yet huge apartment.


As they got inside, the idea of making babies was tossed aside. The week of working 10-12 hours a day tolled them towards exhaustion that they ended up washing themselves up, changed their clothes, and slept beside each other, cuddling each other’s bodies.


“Oh, love...” Chaeyeon sighed as she hugged Sakura closer. “This was the best weekend of my life.”


Sakura watched as her wife slept before her. She hugged her tighter.


“Mine too...” Sakura mumbled before joining her in slumber.​​​