Reunited: Part 1 (KkuChaen ft. OT10)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Chaeyeon was never the woman to go on various events. She was a contradiction to that when she was young but now she’s in her late twenties owning the largest tycoon in the world, going to a single party would be a hindrance to her schedules.


Yet on the day that she was texted about a reunion in their school, she cancelled her meetings and decided to go. Her friends – Suspenderz as they were called back in the days – were pushing her to come so she had all the excuses and valid reasons mixed up just so she can go on this simple yet memorable event.


She hopped off her Tesla and most eyes were on her. Not only that, she was wearing a fine suit that entrepreneurs and fashionistas died to have. She paid no heed to the sharp eyes and gossiping whispers and called someone. “Yudaeng, where are you?”


A tall smiling puppy waved out in the open, phone still intact close to her face. Chaeyeon saw her immediately due to her stature and walked towards them. The same eyes and whispers were glued on her yet she greeted six of her friends.


“Yeon, how have you been?” The tall puppy wowed after they shared their hi-fives. “Looking extravagant as always.”


“Despite wearing the simplest set of clothes in the whole fashion industry, I agree with Yudaeng.”


“Ahn Yujin and Kim Chaewon, you two are putting your words right in the map of your expertise.” Chaeyeon spoke.


Yujin grinned cheekily as she prepared her camcorder and clipped a little mic on Chaeyeon’s cardigan. Being a famous vlogger, she decided to feature the reunion. And because she had a close circle of friends, they will have screen time in all of her footage. She interviewed Chaeyeon professionally – from her career to her personal life. Chaeyeon answered back, meeting Yujin’s caliber and impressing her friends.


“Hey! Feature us too, Yudaeng.”


“Right away, Yabuki Nako-san.” Yujin said as she moved her camera to the duo.


Chaewon and Nako were not part of the Suspenderz. In fact, they were in the middle of their hierarchy – they were student council officers back in the day; Chaewon as Treasurer and Nako as the Auditor. Now, Chaewon was now a famous fashion designer whereas Nako became a famous ballerina.


Chaeyeon adored the minor flashback just by looking at her friends. She didn’t even flinch when two hands almost slapped her back like it was a slab of meat.


“Kwangbae~ Yen~” Chaeyeon faced them and the two hugged her.


“We’re glad you came, buddy.” The quieter one grinned with a piece of beef jerky on hand.


“Now the party can really start!” A duck cheered as she raised her glow stick.


Kang Hyewon and Choi Yena were the rowdy duo. She and Yujin were like them but they were in a whole new level. They composed half of the Suspenderz and were sisters from different parents. Hyewon was now a mathematics professor in their alma mater, earning the highest rank of being a professor because she was the only one who had a PhD. And just liker Chaeyeon, Yena is a CEO for a manufacturing company for claw machines.


“You’re a CEO yet you don’t act like one.” Nako pointed. “You’re comparable to our Chaeyeon here.”


“Psh. I’m just as humble as her, right buddy?” Yena spoke, draping an arm around her.


“You four are.” Chaewon answered for her.


The Suspenderz were complete; four delinquents in their high school days growing up to be the most successful individuals in their whole batch. Most of their batchmates were envious for their successes yet it goes to show that your past doesn’t define your future.


“Whoop.” Chaewon and Nako got in between. “The NZI girls are coming through~”


The crowd made way to six girls who had their beauties maintained, looking young and beautiful like in high school. They were the most popular girls in school because of their academics, their athleticism, and their talents through being the school’s idol group. Even if they dressed in the simplest clothes that looked like rags for the arrogant and entitled elites, their beauty gave that radiance. 


Kwon Eunbi, Kim Minju, Honda Hitomi, Jo Yuri, Jang Wonyoung…


…and Miyawaki Sakura.


“Wonyoung was featured in your vlog, right?” Chaeyeon asked Yujin.


“Yep. She and I did a vlog about puberty.” Yujin grinned. “Chaewon and Minju modeled for Seoul Fashion Week last month.”


“Nothing beats Nako and Hitomi participating in World Dance. Small but terrible dancers.” Yena added.


“Please. You and Yuri sang at her concert last year! You even proposed to her and now, you two got married!” Nako hissed.


“Eunbi and Hyewon are the real MVPs. Eunbi will graduate from her doctorate in physical education soon. Now, our alma mater will have two badass professors.” 


The former NZI girls got to their spot and greeted them. Yena even got closer to Yuri and kissed her cheek, causing the rest to coo.


“The perks of being married.” Minju sighed.


“Why don’t you marry Chaewon then?”


Chaewon almost spits her drink and nudged Nako for her remarks. Minju ended up blushing as the MC announced that they should pair up for a social dance. Yena and Yuri had the first honors of dancing in the center and the rest followed suit; Yujin had Wonyoung, Chaewon had Minju, Nako had Hitomi, and Eunbi had Hyewon.


It was then that Chaeyeon and Sakura were left to watch them. They felt awkward being alone with each other in one space.


After all, there was a feud that didn’t get its proper closure and as a result, it caused them to build a wall between themselves.


“Do you want to dance?” Chaeyeon asked.


“Should we? I have two left feet.”


“How about we sit down by the school benches and talk?”


Sakura agreed to it. They left the rest of their friends to party and walked under the moonlight, passing through the hallways of their school while gaining flashbacks along the way.


“You and your Suspenderz team get in trouble at the field a lot.” Sakura pointed out. “Teacher Bae would scold the four of you for cutting classes.”


“And here, you and your members practiced for the school’s foundation day.” Chaeyeon pointed at the stage. “Teacher Kim always scolded you for having a shaky voice.”


The two continued to walk and share their memories. It was a moment worth cherishing for…


…even if they never did in the past.


“Here…” Sakura stopped at the lobby. “…is where we had our confrontation…”


Sakura cussed for putting words in her own mouth. Chaeyeon saw her lower her head yet she patted her back. Sakura thought jolts were heading towards her chest and face. Nonetheless, Chaeyeon patted a space next to her and Sakura sat down.


And with that came the beginning of reminiscing the past and trying to find a closure for their future.