Someday Soon: Part 1 (JoYuriz)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

The entertainment industry may be filled with luxury, opportunities, and fame, but with all those lavishing rewards come struggle, hard-work, and competition. Social factors even affect those who attempt to make steps towards stardom. If you’re weak and indecisive, you’ll be trampled down by those who are better than you. It’s the way of life in acting, dancing, rapping, composing…

…and singing.

It was a rainy day within the streets of Hollywood. Inside a theater, there was an anticipated act; a fresh female trio with voices as sweet as honey and as soothing as the rolling waves of the sea. In front of 5,000 people of various races, these females sang their debut song, an inspirational melody about discouragement and determination to face whatever challenge.

Losing one thing but winning another, as one of the lyrics says.

After their performance, they got a standing ovation from the audience. The three females flashed proud smiles, watery eyes, and quiet cheers for themselves and each other. They held hands and bowed, their consciences feeling relief that despite their first time performing for a crowd, their efforts have paid off through the performance. They walked backstage and released more emotions. The proud smiles became proud laughs and cries. The watery eyes broke down into happy tears. And the quiet cheers became loud cries and laughs.

“Nice job, you three.” Their manager got closer to them, applauding. “The song is becoming a hit!”

“You have the theater sold out, physical sales are skyrocketing, and you’re scheduled for an interview with Oprah this Friday.” One of their agents spoke, the landline on hand and its receiver dangling on her compressed shoulder. “For now, freshen up and prepare for the next set of songs.”

The three nodded, bowed their gratitude, and got to the vanity mirrors. Their stylists and make-up artists got to each member and prepped them up for the next performance.

On the left was Choi Yena, pouting her lips as the MUA puts lipstick. She was the eldest of the three; a member that became the ace of variety in their trio, a person with a hyper and jolly personality, and a singer with the softest voice. She trained in their company for two years and was the last member to be included in the trio. In the middle was Kim Chaewon, looking at the mirror with vixen-like eyes as the stylist tied her dangling long hair in pigtails. She was the middle of the three; a member that led their group, a person with a hidden personality, and a singer with the most unique voice. She was a fresh trainee and a recommendation by the company’s CEO because of her skills and having a celebrity for a relative, thus making her become the foundation of their trio. And on the right was Jo Yuri, doing vocal exercises as a stylist sprayed hair spray on her head. She was the youngest of the three; a member that became the trio’s center, a person with a bright and calm personality, and a singer with the huskiest voice. She participated in two survival competitions – to which she never won. Yet, that experience allowed the company to recruit her as a trainee for a year. And that year of training paid off because she was the second member to be part of the trio.

Said trio was called Trinity; an ensemble of singers that trained so much in the past and were stepping in the spotlight in the present.

“Trinity, standby,” said one of the stage managers.

“Alright, girls. Let’s go.” Chaewon patted Yena and Yuri’s backs as she got up.

“Right!” The duo cheered back and followed their leader on stage.

+++

FRESH TRIO TRINITY SURPASSES OTHER SINGERS IN SINGER BRAND VALUE

TRINITY: A SINGING TRIO LIKE NO OTHER

ASIA’S DREAMGIRLS TRINITY DOMINATES WESTERN STAGE

Those were shown in the media, ranging from the newspapers to the television. Trinity had various emotions written on their faces as their manager clapped.

“This is wonderful news, you three. You’re growing huge!”

“Calm down, Kwon Eunbi.” Chaewon leaned on the sofa and crossed her limbs. “This is still the beginning. We can’t lose our cool because of one hit.”

“Careful as ever.” Yena rolled her eyes. “We should celebrate. All our efforts despite the negating factors that affect our chances of the debut are finally paying off.”

 “Can we eat ice cream this time?” Yuri raised. “It’s been years since I had a dessert. You know how the company’s strict with our diet, right?”

“Agreed.” Yena held Yuri’s raised hand and she raised them together. “Consider it as a celebration for our success.”

Manager Kwon and Chaewon both spat their ‘no’s, leaving the pleading duo to whine. All of that had to cease when their CEO got inside. All of them line up to bow.

CEO Lee Chaeyeon’s tall demeanor made the manager and artists still. Her business attire portrayed her authority, her black short hair dangling by her vixen-like eyes showed tenacity, and her heels clicked on the floor. She walked like a model on a runway and got to an opposite chair, facing the artists. Manager Kwon sat by the side in between the boss and trio.

“Congratulations on the debut showcase last week, Trinity. You did a fantastic job.” CEO Lee applauded lightly and everyone followed. “I came to see you because we have an invitation from the 2020 Billboard Music Awards.” 

The trio was shocked. There was still a future interview with Oprah and then adds another invitation. What made them more shocked was that it was from one of the most famous award ceremonies in the world.

“You’ve been nominated for Top Social Artist and Top Billboard 200 with your debut album; a first for many artists around the world. If you guys win either of them, you’d make history for yourselves and the music industry for being the first Asian female group to accomplish the achievement.”

Yena was hyped, Chaewon became serious, and Yuri grew both excited and serious. They couldn’t believe that as a fresh act, they were receiving instant major fame in one week.

“As your CEO, I’m proud of what you’ve accomplished. The entertainment industry itself is harsh, especially when race and culture become the boundaries and negating factors. I’m glad you got through them during your debut and I hope you continue to do so.” CEO Lee added. “Continue to practice, work hard, and cooperate as a team. That way, you continue to bring success in your midst.”

The trio nodded and bowed to their CEO as thanks. CEO Lee instructs them to sit properly again to give her the last instruction. “For the remaining time, be mindful of your routines. Practice within the specific hours, eat and exercise regularly, and NO vices.”

The trio nodded again. CEO Lee excuses them for practice and the trio got out of the office to go to their practice room. Manager Kwon was left to receive specific instructions about their preparation for the award ceremony.