Top Quirks: Part 2 (Chaeyeon ft. OT11; mostly KwonChaeng)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Time passed and Chaeyeon had built her true potential as a Top Quirk. Her psychic powers were used to her abilities in training and in battles. Everyone was shocked and her fellow Top Quirks wowed on how Chaeyeon beat all her opponents since the start of her progressive training. It was a wonderful feeling for Chaeyeon and she wasn't going to trade it towards various distractions.

 

That was until she faced her bullies.

 

The MND trio were out of the picture. They were too scared to even look Chaeyeon in the eye after the self-discovery of her powers. Now, she was facing another group of her bullies.

 

1AM was the group name. It was actually a decent group. Their leader was righteous, two of her fellow Top Quirks were part of it, and the remaining two were decent in class…

 

...yet they were always harsh on her because she fought battles with no powers.

 

"Don't provoke me, Takahashi and Heo."

 

The two members of various races faced Chaeyeon. One was walking closer, causing cracks on the ground. The other was whistling and joining her friend, making various energy balls out of different elements.

 

"We haven't done anything." 

 

"Do you think I'm a fool, Yunjin?!" Chaeyeon spat. "I know you two came to me because you wanted to spit about my recent battles."

 

"Who wouldn't spit on you after hiding your potential?"

 

"And who are you to care, Juri?" Chaeyeon raised an eyebrow. "All you two did was underestimating me."

 

The two gritted their teeth and created lightning balls. Chaeyeon stood there, sighing. "What would Kaeun-unnie, Yena-unnie, and Yujin say about this?"

 

Juri and Yunjin paid no heed and blasted their energy balls towards Chaeyeon. It took a split second for everything to take place as Chaeyeon was already above a pedestal and the two lightning balls blasted behind the duo, sending them flying.

 

"." Yunjin punched the ground, directing the cracks towards the pedestal.

 

Chaeyeon teleported away yet Yunjin was already behind her. She blasted a fireball by Chaeyeon's side, causing her to land on the ground. Yunjin teleported to pin Chaeyeon down and had a light ball formed on her hand.

 

"Control your powers, Kirin." Juri snapped. "Kaeun-unnie will screw us."

 

Yunjin cussed and disobeyed. Chaeyeon teleported behind her and touched Yunjin's light ball, teleporting it close to her eyes. Yunjin hissed and held her eyes.

 

"Drama bomb." Chaeyeon hissed and held her burned arm. "You can heal yourself, idiot."

 

"Lee! Takahashi! Heo!"

 

The students were frozen as Professor Lee witnessed them. Not only that, Kaeun was with him and rushed to the trio's aid. 

 

"They started it, Professor." Chaeyeon pointed at the duo.

 

Juri got up thanks to Kaeun's help and they hoisted Yunjin up. Yunjin's eyes were roasted but as Chaeyeon spoke, she was healing herself. Kaeun helped her thus regenerating Yunjin's eyes in full health.

 

"You three are coming to Professor Kim's office."

 

The three walked dejectedly as Kaeun was behind them.

 

+++

 

Professors Kim and Bae faced Chaeyeon. Their minds filled anger, confusion, disappointment, and regret. Regret was mostly incorporated because the student they specially taught used her powers to something so drastic.

 

"This is the first time I got out of control, professors." Chaeyeon defended. 

 

"But it won't be the last!" Professor Kim spat back. "You almost killed the MND trio, caused an injury to Juri, and almost blinded Yunjin."

 

"Luckily, Kaeun and Yunjin have the most powerful abilities as they can manipulate all elements and all powers known to this institution." Professor Bae added.

 

"But why aren't they Top Quirks?" Chaeyeon raised. "Why isn't Kaeun-unnie one of us?"

 

"Because Kaeun is fully aware of her potential. Her powers can reach unimaginable heights and if she does, she might not control it and destroy this institution, let alone the world." Professor Kim defended. "That's what Kaeun is aware of and to why Yunjin is always cautious to use them."

 

"They're not doing that with their harsh words, that's for sure." Chaeyeon crossed her arms. "Why would they bully someone just because they have no powers."

 

Professor Bae sighed. Professor Kim had no time to discuss further and allowed the closest teacher and student talk alone.

 

"Are you going to regret as well, professor?" Chaeyeon asked.

 

"I did, Chaeyeon." Professor Bae spoke, causing Chaeyeon's heart to feel heavy. "That's because I expected you to be different. Usually, when there's special training for students like you, they'd get so high in their heads and use their powers for the most selfish reasons. You're starting to act like that and it worries me...because you're never like that."

 

That answer caused Chaeyeon to tear up. The oppression caused her to work harder but to also harm other people along the way. Professor Bae expected her to be better and Chaeyeon ruined that expectation and trust.

 

"Do you wonder why the likes of Kaeun aren't in the Top Quirks?" Professor Bae asked and Chaeyeon was eager to know the answer. "One, they can do better on their own. And two, the Top Quirks are different because they are a group. In a group, no one overlaps the other. You eleven or twelve come in different backgrounds, different levels, and different perspectives. Your objective is to work together to create an ensemble of power to destroy the evil. This is what this institution teaches all of you...and a principle you must always uphold as a Top Quirk, Chaeyeon."

 

Chaeyeon nodded. Professor Bae held her arm and checked it. "You need to be careful now, Chaeyeon. The next time you use your powers, it might go out of control and cause destruction."

 

"Professor…"

 

"You may go."

 

Chaeyeon nodded, stood up to bow, and went out of the office. 

 

"Unnie, what are you doing outside?" Chaeyeon asked, seeing Kaeun.

 

"I'm here as a concerned leader to the students in our sector, Chaeyeon." Kaeun added. 

 

Chaeyeon nodded and both of them walked. The students greeted Kaeun yet they didn’t dare to bully Chaeyeon because of her. Chaeyeon never minded Kaeun’s recognition because to her, she was a leader that she looked upon, just like everyone else does.

 

“Unnie...about Juri and Yunjin - “

 

“I’ll take care of disciplining them, even Yena and Yujin will join me.” Kaeun spoke then sighed. “I should’ve realized that they did that to you. Actions like that are unacceptable.”

 

Chaeyeon nodded. “I apologize if I beat them up.”

 

“We all get beaten up, somehow.” 

 

“Unnie, you’re aware that I’m battling you next, right?” Chaeyeon spoke.

 

“I’m aware.” Kaeun spoke. “I think it’s going to be fun.”

 

“What if I get out of control?” Chaeyeon asked. “What if I’ll…”

 

Chaeyeon froze but Kaeun kept on walking. Chaeyeon teleported in front to stop her but Kaeun was quicker, teleporting behind her.

 

“If it does, we’ll resolve it together.” 

 

Kaeun went ahead, just in time for the other Top Quirks to come and see Chaeyeon. They greeted Kaeun with handshakes and hugs, a special kiss from Sakura, and a fire hi-five from Hyewon.

 

“Chaeyeon, you okay?” Yena rushed to her. “I apologize for Juri and Yunjin.”

 

“Me too,” said Yujin.

 

“It’s them who should apologize.” Chaeyeon spoke then sighed. “But I’m also at fault for using my powers too much.”

 

“The next time someone bullies you, you have to tell us!” Eunbi spat, almost shaking her. “You can’t bear it all to yourself. Who are we as your friends if we won’t be there for you?”

 

Chaeyeon looked down at Eunbi’s hand clenching her arm. She also looked at her face and the rest’s, showing concern. It was then that Chaeyeon held Eunbi’s hand back and nodded. “Thank you…”

 

Hyewon clapped with fiery hands as the rest cheered. They gathered around Chaeyeon for a group hug and of course, Eunbi gets a special one.

 

“Don’t block the driveway, girls.” Professor Bae coughed out.

 

The Top Quirks bowed at her and got in line as Professor Bae slapped her medium-sized stick that caused the wall to crack. 

 

“Now, all of you need to be on the field in ten seconds.”

 

Sakura was always the first to arrive, leaving the rest to zoom on their own will. Eunbi and Chaeyeon held hands and teleported, making Professor Bae chuckle.

 

She knew Chaeyeon’s destructive capability but upon realizing that there were students who cared for her like her self, she was relieved and prayed that if ever conflicts arise upon the institution, it would be resolved.