Our Love: Part 3 (2Kim, Annyeongz, JangChae, Jinjoo)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Time passed and the first quarter exams for PD University were coming. Most of the students were driven to study as much as teachers were driven to teach them. It was a silent class in one room as everyone was glued onto their books during the break…


…except for one.


Chaewon stopped her studying as her eyes glued to Minju. The latter was jotting down notes and observed Chaewon looking at her through her peripherals but she chose not to look back.


“Min.” Chaewon called. 


No response. Just her ignorance.


“Min…” Chaewon reached for her hand.


“Stop it, Ssamu.” Minju mumbled, closing her notebook.


Chaewon watched Minju stand up and walk away. She followed her outside until they reached an empty bathroom. Once everyone was out except for them, Chaewon locked the door and faced Minju through the mirror. “How long are you planning to do this?”


“Do what?” Minju asked, looking at her through the same way.


“Don’t play dumb with me, Min. There’s something wrong between us.” Chaewon spoke. “Please tell me…”


“I shouldn’t have come to that rehearsal, that’s what.” Minju spoke. “If I decided on that, I wouldn’t have watched your distressed look as you sang. Worse of all, I wouldn’t have known that the most popular freshman was the Jang Wonyoung herself.”


“Min…”


“I’m hurting again, Ssamu. I want to make this marriage work but big whoop! You have a girlfriend that’s way out of my league.” Minju spoke casually but her emotions were felt. “And if you say that you feel the same, save your breath. It’s only for business and nothing more.”


Chaewon was speechless. Minju sighed and would’ve left when Chaewon held her closer to herself. Minju was shocked as much as her heartbeat went rapid.


She wanted to raise a middle finger to fate. Why does she have to feel love towards someone that won’t love her back?


“Min, please…” Chaewon hugged her tighter. “…can’t we negotiate?”


“Enough.” Minju pushed herself away. “You shouldn’t be hugging me. People might get the wrong idea. You wanted it kept as a secret, right? And besides…” She unlocked the door. “…you love her.”


Chaewon was left there as Minju walked away, trying to resist her tears. Her vision became blurry until she bumped onto someone. 


“I-I’m sorry, I – “


“Angel?” Minju looked up, seeing Yujin. “Hey, what’s wrong?”


Minju wiped her tears away. “I just…I’m feeling strange lately.”


“Do you want to talk about it?” Yujin asked. “We can go to the stall, Angel. I’ll treat you this time.”


Minju nodded and Yujin waited for her to calm down. Minju couldn’t believe that the dorky puppy can get serious in understanding people’s emotions. “Yujin, I’m really sorry about this…”


“It’s not your fault, Angel. We can stay in this isle for as long as you need.” Yujin leaned by the lockers. “I’ll wait with you.”


Minju took time to calm down as Yujin continued to wait. Once she did, she thanked Yujin and the two walked out together. Chaewon saw them from a distance and her insides felt unusual. She wouldn’t have felt them because she has Wonyoung…


…but seeing Minju with another woman made her uneasy, angry even.


“Love?” She returned to reality as Wonyoung was already beside her.


Wonyoung looked at the scene and wondered why Yujin was with Minju. She felt uneasy too but unlike Chaewon, she shrugged it off easily. In fact, she found this as a great opportunity to be with her beloved again.


“Weird. It’s the first time AhnYu went out with someone else.” Chaewon spoke.


“I usually let her off in some occasions, love.” Wonyoung answered then held Chaewon’s hand. “Let’s go?”


Chaewon nodded as she and Wonyoung walked together. She would smile and gaze at Wonyoung from time to time but heart was elsewhere.


It was elsewhere and hurting because she was seeing Minju uncomfortable with her own presence but not in another. 


+++


“You two are back again~” The stall owner cheered then pointed a stick at Yujin. “Are you not going to pay fully again?”


“Cut me some slack, Imo.” Yujin raised her hands. “I’m paying for both of us this time.”


She was impressed but whipped up their orders nonetheless. Yujin pulled Minju by her side as they waited. Minju was sour during that conflict with Chaewon but somehow, Yujin made her comfortable. She couldn’t help but plaster a smile.


“That’s more like it.” Yujin saw her and she plastered a smile herself. “An angel like you deserves to smile.”


“That’s cute, you two.” They looked back as their orders were ready.


Yujin paid them first and got them. She gave Minju her share and they ate together, releasing their sighs on contentment.


“Food for the soul, am I right?” Yujin asked.


Minju nodded. Yujin continued to eat but Minju ended up looking at her cup of fishcakes. Yujin noticed it quickly and asked. “You want to sit down and talk about it now?”


“For someone who’s younger than me, you read my mind like an open book.” Minju spoke. “There’s a bench not far from here. We can sit there and talk.”


Yujin lets her go there first and followed on her tail. Yet, she walked quickly to scrape the bench before they sat, leaving a gap that was evident thanks to their cups of food. Minju hesitated to talk again yet Yujin sat patiently. She decided not to talk and listen to Minju.


“I don’t know if it’s truly trivial but to me, it’s trivial to the point it dictates my whole life.” Minju started. “You try to jump out of your box and do things unimaginable, hoping to spark change. You try to adjust in a certain situation but a mix of emotions decide your fate in staying on it. You even try to set all your senses yet…” She huffed as to not cry in front of the younger. “…all of it are ignored as if you’re not important to that person.”


“Oh, dear…” was all Yujin could react.


“What do you think about it, Yujin? Is the absolute concept too harsh to send someone as myself to a world like I was an accident?”


Yujin took time to answer. Her senses were glued towards Minju. She was fascinated how her beauty radiated despite talking seriously and scrunching her hair and face to portray her feelings. The thumps in her heart became evident yet she scratched her chest so she can return to reality and say her side.


“You should be glad to feel those things, Angel. That’s better than not to feel anything at all. I’m sorry if you felt like you sent accidentally in a world filled with so much sadness and so much pain.” Yujin began, stopping to eat before speaking again. “To never be with the one you love as he or she goes with another is truly painful…but that doesn’t mean you’ll succumb into it. The bad happens but eventually in time, it disappears.”


Minju joined Yujin in eating, feeling impressed and heart-warmed because of Yujin’s words. She felt the raw emotion with every syllable being said, making her realize that Yujin was right.


“Do you feel that way too?”


“Hmm…before. It wasn’t a major thing to me but there’s that one heartstring that got hurt because of it. I dwelt onto it for a while then stopped, hoping that someone out there will attract me and that will be attracted by me in return.” Yujin spoke after emptying her cup.


“Have you found the person?”


Yujin choked on her food, making Minju run to the same stall to buy them drinks. She returned with two bottles of iced tea and Yujin thankfully accepted the bottle, opening the cap and drinking the content until she was relieved.


“To answer – *cough* – your question…in a way.” Yujin spoke. “I fell in love with her a first sight.”


“You know…that person must be lucky.” 


Yujin looked at Minju but she didn’t catch the latter’s eyes as she resumed eating and drinking. Her gaze moved towards the bottle she held, adding. “I owe you a bottle of ice tea next time.”


“No need. You repaid me for being here, listening to me.” Minju spoke. “Thank for saving from two bad situations today.”


“You’re welcome, Angel. From this day forward, I’ll be by your side.” Yujin raised her right hand. “That’s a promise.”


Minju regained her smile and raised her bottle up. Like a circuit, Yujin also raised hers and clunked them like beer mugs. Despite initiating a sudden yet potential friendship, Minju and Yujin talked may things after dealing with Minju’s inner conflicts. Minju was truly grateful for Yujin’s concern whereas Yujin was truly grateful for Minju’s company.


From there, the beginning of a new connection had hopes to flourish for the rest of the days.