Just The Way You Are: Part 1 (KkuChaen ft. KangBi)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Footsteps weren’t supposed to be something to be heard of since people walk. But in a university, one of the students’ footsteps were heard by everyone that they had to stop and give way.

 

Those footsteps were owned by Kang Sohyun, a graduating high school student. She had a family as influencers, especially of her father being a prosecutor and her big sister taking college at the same university being at the top of her class. She was also the top student and was very popular by the high school department for her looks and brains.

 

Yet like her sister, she had the reputation of being a by people who truly know her nature.

 

She got to her class and her seat, greeted by her classmates while they gave her gifts. Sohyun bowed her thanks and placed them neatly on her locker.

 

“Sohyun~”

 

She looked back and a short-haired was handing her a gift. Nonetheless, Sohyun accepted it. “Uhh…thanks, Sakura.”

 

Who could ever forget Miyawaki Sakura, the second placer? She had short hair, glasses, and was weird. She was also an admirer of Sohyun and was even a favorite by the latter. Sohyun thought it but Sakura was the most gullible when it comes to her admiration. Hence, Sohyun could actually do her way with her.

 

Scratch that. She could do every way with her.

 

“Is this the same question, Sakura?”

 

Sakura nodded and bowed. “Please date me, Kang Sohyun.”

The class reacted, even Sohyun’s squad laughed at how stupid it was. Sohyun chuckled and told Sakura to face her, adding. “Still no.”

 

Sakura was sad but she shrugged it off when the bell rung, just in time for the last of them to arrive. Most of them greeted her and she greets back with her dorky smile. For Sohyun, she rolls her eyes, glaring at the classmate sitting at the back.

 

“Never thought she tied with you at first place, Sohyun,” said one of her friends.

 

Sohyun shuts her up and at the bottom of her desk, she clenched her fist.

 

Lee Chaeyeon was the name of the latter. She tied to Sohyun of being the first in their class and in the whole school. Even if they shared the same influence and position, Sohyun always had the nick that Chaeyeon was admired by everyone.

 

Sohyun got the influence because of her family’s power. Chaeyeon got hers because of the same reason but the influence was all on her. That was one sole reason why she hated her.

 

And with that came an idea.

 

+++

 

The break went on like a festival. Students were packed in the canteen for a good lunch since there were delicious food served. Sohyun had the fair share first and managed to finish first. She was on her way towards her classroom when she saw Chaeyeon pass by.

 

“Hey, Sohyun~” Chaeyeon greeted. “How’s lunch?”

 

“Delicious. You didn’t go there?” “Nah. I had lunch with my friends at a convenience store. The food there’s more delicious.”

 

“Aren’t you going inside? We have a class.”

 

Chaeyeon chuckled and shook her head. “I excused myself. I already took today’s lesson in my tutorial sessions so I don’t need to attend classes now.” She patted Sohyun’s back. “Our teachers already know. See you tomorrow.”

 

Sohyun just nodded as Chaeyeon went on her way. She scoffed and wiped her shoulder off, as if Chaeyeon was a contagious disease that needs to be destroyed. Despite that, fate had a wonderful way of intervening as Sakura came from the canteen.

 

Sohyun’s inner conscience smirked. Who knew the plan she randomly thought would be perfect?

 

“Sakura.” Sohyun called and motioned her to come closer.

 

Sakura’s heart thumped upon seeing Sohyun, let alone being called by her. Like an obedient dog, she ran to her. It was then that Sohyun wrapped an arm around her waist, causing Sakura to blush hard.

 

“Hey. Don’t get flustered yet.” Sohyun flashed a smile, making Sakura’s feelings go mushy. “I have something to talk to you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I could consider dating you.”

 

Sakura couldn’t believe what she was hearing, leaving her face to redden and to gasp. Sohyun just laughed and lightly shook her to reality.

 

“You heard it right, cherry blossom.” Sohyun spoke slowly. “I want to date you.”

 

Sakura screamed like a fangirl and hugged Sohyun. Sohyun just patted her back and told her to let go. Sakura remained obedient.

 

“Now don’t get too excited yet. There’s a price for it, of course.” Sohyun raised, crossing her arms. “I’m very particular with my deals. You know that right?”

 

“Yeah.” Sakura nodded. “That’s why you always say that when you want us to give a drink as a gift, you must have strawberry milk and not the ordinary one.”

 

“Right.” Sohyun snapped her fingers and clapped lightly. “And since you understand, you would pay the price for me…right?”

 

Sakura took a while to nod. She was whipped for Sohyun but she had a feeling that this was something bad.

 

“Are you willing to do everything for me, Sakura?”

 

Sakura gulped yet she nodded. Sohyun smiled as she inched closer. Sakura thought she was in Heaven now because her crush was doing this to her.

 

“I’ll accept you…” She whispered with a smirk. “…if you make Chaeyeon fall for you and break her heart afterward.”

 

Sakura was shocked. “Y-You mean…L-Lee Chaeyeon?!”

 

Just then, Sohyun broke their distance as Chaeyeon came back to the classroom, panting and grabbing the notebook she almost left. She greeted Sakura and Sohyun before running back to her errand.

 

“She’s going to be absent?”

 

“Yes. She’s just like me but I’m responsible and she’s not.” Sohyun rolled her eyes. “She has the nerve to brag about herself. What a hypocrite.”

 

“I thought Chaeyeon’s kind…at least that’s what our class says. I wasn’t close to her so I can’t make assumptions.”

 

Sohyun just nodded and returned to the real business. “So what do you say, Sakura?”

 

“I don’t know…” Sakura scratched her head. “It’s never nice to play with someone’s feelings, especially breaking someone’s heart.” She looked back at Sohyun. “Why do you need me to do that?”

 

“I despise her plus her personality doesn’t fit the policies of the school. She’s a rule-breaker and an attention seeker.” Sohyun patted Sakura’s shoulder. “Believe me. We share the same pedestal and I know who she truly is.”

 

Sakura thought Sohyun had her points validated yet she was still torn. “Can I think about it?”

 

“Sure.” Sohyun agreed, writing on Sakura’s palm. “That’s my number. Call me about your decision. You only have until this day to answer.”

 

As their classmates got inside, Sohyun went back to her seat. Sakura returned to hers and wrote the number on her notebook. She wiped off her palm and focused on the class.

 

Her conscience was happy. She was making progress with her crush.

 

+++

 

Sakura wasn’t usually the type to express happiness in front of people. They mostly see her as a weird girl who admired the out of Kang Sohyun. Never in her life would she finally experience of getting noticed by her crush.

 

Not only that, she’ll be scoring a date with her.

 

She was smiling as she got to her home, hugging her parents and grandma while pinching her little brother’s cheek. She ate dinner with quite an appetite and managed to prepare herself for the next day and for her bedtime.

 

She sprawled on her bed as she scrolled her phone. She had a profile of Sohyun as her wallpaper and she smiled while caressing it. But then, she was reminded about what to do to actually make it a reality.

 

Sakura looked at the ceiling, as if it had the answers. She debated about morale and love. It was wrong to play with human emotions and at the same time, it was regretful to decline the offer because she knew that she was an unlikeable person liked by the most liked person in school.

 

“This is my only chance…” was all Sakura mumbled as she dialed someone.

 

+++

 

The rules are simple. Make her fall for you and break her heart. You have thirty days to do it. If you succeed, not only will I accept your invitation but I’ll also be your girlfriend.

 

That was what Sohyun said over the phone yesterday. Now, Sakura got to school and she caught the attention of the students. She didn’t look like the weird girl. She actually looked like a goddess…

 

…a goddess that tripped on her own shoes but hey – someone actually caught her.

 

Fate was having a game again. Sakura didn’t greet the floor but she greeted her.

 

Lee Chaeyeon.

 

“You okay?” Chaeyeon asked as she stood Sakura up. “And hey~ you look good without your glasses. Are you using contacts?”

 

Sakura’s inner conscience was shocked on how Chaeyeon talked to her. They may be classmates but they were never close. Nonetheless, Sakura nodded and bowed her thanks.

 

“Miyawaki Sakura.” She lent a hand.

 

“We’re classmates, silly…but okay…” Her hand was shaken back. “Lee Chaeyeon.”

 

Sakura felt stupid for her actions but she never thought Chaeyeon was open to let her do it. She felt her soft hand and she saw her smile.

 

Her stupid yet adorable smile.

 

Sakura was happy again. Her start wasn’t that bad, after all.