Our Love: Part 1 (2Kim, Annyeongz, JangChae, Jinjoo)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

A student walking on the pavements of PD University caught the witnesses’ attention. With her aesthetics and her powerful walk, she was a force to be reckoned; a reminder for the persons in the lowest to be mindful of what they say or do. She was making her way to the student council’s office, opening the door and going inside without any word.


“Silent as always, Kim Chaewon.”


Chaewon bowed back as she got to the president’s table, eyes diverted to a stack of papers held down by a couple picture. 


“How’s Chaeyeon doing?” Student council president Kwon Eunbi asked.


“She’s fine, Eunbi-nim. She’s doing great in almost every subject.”


“Yet you always beat her to it.” Eunbi raised, causing Chaewon to scoff. “Come on, Chaewon. We of all people know that in your batch, you’re at the top of the game and Chaeyeon’s just next to you.”


Chaewon nodded lightly and went to her station to handle some work, joining the ambiance of a busy day in the office. Wednesdays had most vacant hours but for the student council, it’s a luxury that’s almost too difficult to receive. With a calendar of activities and some cases of incompetent faculty, they had to do most of the work. As the secretary, Chaewon had most of Eunbi’s tasks. If only the vice-president stopped pigging out so much.


“Speaking of the devil…” Chaewon spoke as the said person got inside, munching on chips.


“Yah, Kang Hyewon.” Eunbi lent a hand. “If you were off to buy snacks, give us some.”


Hyewon tossed an extra bag to the president and another one to the secretary. She got to her desk and did her part of the work after the salt off her fingers and washing her hands. Chaewon and Eunbi returned to their own work and lasted until the afternoon.


+++


Another student walked on the pavements PD University, catching the witnesses’ attention. With her aesthetics and her graceful walk, she was a force to be reckoned; a reminder for the persons that she was the prettiest flower in the field that they must take care with respect. She was making her way to the library, opening the door and going inside silently, just as the signs say.


“Min. Min!”


The caller was hushed by the librarian as the latter chuckled, waved, and went to the large table that only had the caller occupy it all. The latter sat across her and she got a light slap on her palm. 


“You got the stuff?”


“Don’t worry, Yul.” The latter spoke and got two papers. “I even answered Yena-nim’s.”


“You’re a lifesaver, Kim Minju!” Her classmate Jo Yuri cheered and hugged her.


Another shush was heard from the librarian and the duo behaved. More like Yuri returned to her seat and thanked Minju more properly.


“Remember that I won’t do this as a routine.” Minju spoke. “You have to make it up for yourself.”


“Yes, Your Excellency.” Yuri did a playful grovel. “I’ll also tell Yen to do the same.”


Minju raised a thumb. Yuri looked behind Minju and waved, with the latter following to where her gaze was, seeing a jolly duck wave and run towards them.


“Choi Yena.” The librarian stuck a ticket on her forehead. “No running in the library. This is the second time already.”


“My apologies, Mrs. Kim.” Yena bowed and got her ticket off. 


Yena got to Yuri’s side and pecked her forehead. She then greeted Minju with a handshake and sat next to Yuri.


“Love, she’s the classmate I talked about.” Yuri spoke. “She helped us with our homework.”


“Heol…thank you so much, Minju-ssi.” Yena wowed then shook her hand. “Mind us for this. The Glee Club had gotten busy preparing for the recital so we got carried away with the practices and left our academics out.”


“It’s fine, Yena-nim.” Minju spoke. “I understand that the recital means a lot to the both of you.”


“Thank you…and no need to be formal. Just Yena.”


“I think I’m the third wheel in here.” Yuri mumbled.


Minju and Yena flipped out quietly. Yena comforted her girlfriend and Minju did a peace sign for stealing the conversation. It was then she had a longing look towards the couple who were now sharing cute kisses on the cheeks.


If only she and her were like that too…


“By the way, Min…” Yuri spoke, leaving her out of her own trance. “...we got you a VIP ticket for the recital. That way, you get to sit in front.”


“There’s no need.”


The trio looked behind and Chaewon was walking towards them. Minju had wide eyes but as Chaewon’s mouth twitched into a little smile, Minju calmed.


“Ssamu, such timing that you’re here.” Yena spoke. “We can discuss some plans for our performance here.”


“Such timing indeed.” Chaewon shrugged and sat next to Minju.


“I should go.” Minju spoke as she got up.


The couple bided her farewell. Chaewon stole a glance at the pink-haired vixen and sighed. 


“Shall we start, sunbaenims?” Yuri spoke.


Yena cooed her girlfriend not to be formal. Chaewon was out of her trance and nodded.


+++


A tall student walking on the pavements of PD High School caught the witnesses’ attention. With her aesthetics and her towering walk, she was a force to be reckoned; a reminder for the persons in the lowest to be mindful that she was the pride of their school and that she’ll be off to university soon. She was making her way to the principal’s office and got inside slowly.


“Good day, Miss Jang Wonyoung.”


“Good day, Principal Kim.” Wonyoung greeted then saw a familiar student, sighing. “What has Yujin done this time?”


The latter looked at Wonyoung like a beaten puppy. Her blue hair dangled by her eyes yet the black-eye and the cut on her lip wasn’t hidden.  Wonyoung sighed and sat on the vacant chair.


“Ahn Yujin had another wave of beaten students. Her parents aren’t here so I thought of calling you, Miss Jang.” The principal started. “As the top student in your batch and Miss Ahn’s closest friend, I had to let you know about the situation.”


“Won, I had to beat them.” Yujin defended. “They were bullying your cousin.”


Wonyoung’s eyes went wide. She looked calm but her insides fumed. She faced the principal and made a stand. “What Yujin did was out of defense to protect the weak, Mrs. Kim. Nam Dohyon has an underlying heart condition and any strenuous activity could risk his life. Putting Yujin on the stand is unacceptable. Those bullies need to be punished.”


The principal was taken aback. Wonyoung looked innocent and young but she had a mature and just heart. When her best friend and cousin were involved in the matter, she will refuse to let this slip and will make sure the bullies are accountable.


“Yujin is a graduating student, Mrs. Kim. This is important for the both of us and we refuse to let anything hinder our rites.” Wonyoung spoke again. “I don’t usually do this but I might call our parents to change their minds in being part of the board if Yujin won’t be out of this mess.”


Yujin was shocked. Principal Kim felt the same but it had more fear. Wonyoung realized the silence that she bowed her greetings and pulled Yujin out with her.


“What the hell was that, Won?” Yujin mumbled.


Wonyoung didn’t say a word and they went to the infirmary. The nurse was quick to aid Yujin’s black-eye and cut, especially when Wonyoung was there to watch.


“Thank you.” Wonyoung said to the nurse then pulled Yujin up. “Let’s go, AhnYu.”


Yujin followed her closest friend like a dog; a manifestation of the nickname Wonyoung called her. In this walk, Yujin was worried because Wonyoung’s look was distressing. They returned to their classroom, and decided to walk out the school together.


“What about Dohyon?” Yujin asked.


“He’ll be taken care of by his butlers. They wouldn’t report if their young master didn’t call.” Wonyoung answered.


Yujin nodded then added. “Hey. We should have dinner together.”


“Pass. I’m having dinner with her tonight.” Wonyoung answered as she checked her phone.


“What a lover-girl.” Yujin cooed then waved. “See you tomorrow, then.”


Yujin dashed off as Wonyoung chuckled of her antics. Her smile brightened even more when she saw a familiar car. It stopped by her side and its window was down. Wonyoung waved at the driver and hopped in.


“Hi, gorgeous.” Wonyoung spoke as she held her hand.


“Hey.” The driver spoke and Wonyoung blushed on how wonderful her voice was. “Ready for our date?”


Wonyoung nodded and the driver drove off again. Wonyoung looked at the view but mostly looked at the driver. She called for the name many times but she wasn’t noticed as the driver’s eyes focused on the road. They were finally close to the pedestrian lane and Wonyoung says the name again. 


“Yah, Kim Chaewon.”


Chaewon stopped her car smoothly, just as the light blinked red. She looked back at Wonyoung and was greeted by a kiss on the lips. Chaewon blushed and would’ve kissed back when Wonyoung broke quickly.


“I’m sorry not to reply. I had to focus on the road.” Chaewon spoke. “I’ll make it up on the date, okay?”


“Okay.” Wonyoung nodded. “I love you.”


“I love you too.” Chaewon replied before the light turned green and she continued to drive.


+++


A tall student walking on the outside of PD High School caught the witnesses’ attention. With her aesthetics and her boisterous smile, she was a force to be reckoned; a reminder for the persons of how tall she was for her age. She was making her way to a stall as she got excited.


Ahn Yujin was pigging out on ddeokbokki on a stall close to the school. She would hurt her tongue due to its heat but she was enjoying it because it was her favorite food. She emptied her fifth cup and reached for her wallet and gulped.


She was short for two cups.


“That’s 10 dollars.” The owner spoke.


“Umm…can I pay for three cups today and pay the remaining cups tomorrow?” Yujin asked, eyes begging. “I’m short on money, Imo.”


“Don’t ‘Imo’ me, kid! You should’ve thought of that before eating my rice cakes like a pig!” She hissed. “Pay for those ddeokbokki or spit them back.” She then drew her attention on another customer. “What would you like, dear?”


“I’ll have one large cup of fish cake.”


Yujin had a look on the other customer and felt her senses tingle; her eyes grew wide, her face was flushed, and her heart pumped from her chest. By her right was a vixen; an angel indulging on a huge cup of her second favorite food.


Her trance was broken when her head was hit with a roll of newspaper, shocking the vixen.


“Pay me 10 dollars right now!” The owner nagged.


“Only for three cups…” Yujin mumbled and reached for her wallet.


“Imo, how much is my payment?” 


“Ah! That’s 5 dollars!”


“Here’s 15. I’ll pay for the both of us.”


Yujin gasped with the owner, leaving her in a boundary to swallow her pride or eat it like a meal. 


“Y-You don’t have to, Miss – “


“It’s okay.” She spoke and paid. “I have 15 dollars in all, Imo.”


The owner received the money nonetheless as the vixen received her change. Yujin would’ve said her thanks when the vixen already left. She chased her through various people and even used her height to look for her. But as she got to a crossing, the vixen was nowhere to be found.


“Shoot…” Yujin panted. “I owe her a meal next time…”


Yujin flexed her limbs, scratched her head, and returned home. While walking, she remembered the vixen.


A smile makes its way to her face. She fell in love at first sight towards a beautiful and kind angel.


+++


Minju walked around their neighborhood, her steps almost close to her home. Just as she got to the gate, a car parked by the side. Its driver hopped out and Minju ran to greet her. 


“Hi. What great timing.” Minju faced her. “Did you eat already?”


“Yeah.” She nodded lightly. “How about you?”


“I had a snack.” Minju lowered her head. “Maybe I’ll have dinner alone.”


The latter nodded and opened the gate, letting Minju go inside first. She followed suit, leaving Minju to open the door and for herself to close it. The latter stretched her body and went up the stairs when – 


“Chaewon-ah…”


She froze and looked back, seeing Minju giving a sad look.


“What is it?” 


“Can you have dinner with me?”


“Minju, I…I’m already full.”


Minju nodded as a sign of not wanting to bother Chaewon again. She returned to  the kitchen to heat up some food, leaving Chaewon to carry their bags up to their room. She placed them on the racks and stopped to look at a picture.


It was a prenuptial shoot. They were both in it, wearing white dresses and holding hands that had engagement rings wrapped in their ring fingers.


Yes. Engaged. More like arranged.


Kim Chaewon and Kim Minju were bound by their parents’ arrangements. Both families were secretly the biggest tycoons in the country. Like the typical events of business and heirloom, both families merged their investment in sister companies. For the cases of Chaewon and Minju, both would become heiresses of their family businesses.


And what better way to severe the ties than through an arranged marriage?


Chaewon sighed just looking at their picture. They were bound in family matters but not in their own. Both were obedient to follow their parents’ instructions of living together, hoping to gain a true bond. The difference was that Minju was dedicated to it while Chaewon wasn’t because her dedication was to Wonyoung.


Chaewon developed that practice to herself and she was glad Minju knew the signs. Then again, she couldn’t help but feel guilty. With that, she walked out and returned to the dining room, seeing Minju eat on leftover spaghetti.


“Minju-ya.” Chaewon called and the latter looked up with pasta dangling on . “Can I join in?”


Minju slurped the pasta and nodded, getting up to get another bowl and fork when Chaewon stopped her, holding her shoulder and wiping off of excess sauce.


“I’ll get them. You should continue eating.”


Minju nodded and resumed. Chaewon got the utensils and returned, sitting across Minju, getting her share, and eating with her.


Being full was the truth yet Chaewon ate again. After all, it was one of the little actions she could do out of respect for Minju. Because for some reason, Chaewon can’t help but grow soft for her.