Loving You (YenYul)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

There was a woman standing at the water's edge.

Yena, an unique lady in the full bloom of youth, stood alone on the beach, gazing over the aquamarine water with her stubborn cocoa crystals. Her caramel hair danced lightly in the ocean breeze. She tried to keep still despite her impatient and excitement, resting her cheek against one hand as she traced a finger along her silver necklace. She wore a pearly shirt that left her fair, tinted with hazel, arms bare and a pair of navy jeans that showed off the shape of her body. Her tawny hair was bound back from her face, complementing her daring light-colored, tinted with hazel, visage. A prominent scar stood out on her ivory, tinted with toast-colored, skin. A noticeable sigil provided proof of her descent. She stood, awaiting her love.

It must have been fate in mortal form that brought them together. She knew from the moment she laid eyes on her that they were meant to be. From then on, they were inseparable. They shared every part of their life with each other. That was how it was to this very day.

"Yena,"  Yuri said simply with a smile on her face. Her coral windows to her soul complimented her starless coiffure, brushing against her shoulders, belying her daring heart. She was dressed in her own unique fashion, a style unlike that of anyone else Yena knew. She had a toned but slender body covered with alabaster, tinted with sorrel, skin. A prominent scar stood out on her lily-white, tinted with khaki, skin. As Yena drew nearer, she caught a note of Yuri's familiar scent of lingering iron and steel. She smiled to herself. It always reminded her of the time they shared.

"Yuri. It's nice of you to show up on time," Yena said, fiery globes flashing.

"Since when do you care about punctuality?" She shot back.

"Since just now." Yena gave her a quick kiss. With that, they began to walk along the beach.

"So, Love," Yena began.

"So, Love," She mirrored.

"How's that project going? You know the one."

Yes, they both knew the one. Yuri frowned a bit and muttered, "Oh, screw you." At Yena's delighted sniggering, she added, "Yeah, let's see you do better."

"Relax. You can be the hobbyist. Me..." Her voice trailed off.

"You?" Yuri prodded, before following Yena's gaze. In the distance, they could see the outline of a building that brought back memories for both of them.

"... that place." Yena unconsciously drew closer to Yuri, who wrapped her arm around her.

"Funny, seeing it like this," Yuri murmured.

"Funny..." she echoed. "How long has it been? Do you remember?"

"Not that long. It'll never be long enough." Yuri gave Yena a thoughtful squeeze before releasing her. "But, look, Yena. We're alive. We've survived."

"I know that!" Yena interjected. "You don't have to treat me like a kid."

"Really? With the way you clung onto me you could've fooled me."

"Clung? You wish I would cling to you," She sniffed.

"Come on, meathead." She swiftly set off walking down the beach, and Yuri, knowingly rolling her eyes, followed.

After a few moments, they found themselves walking down the beach again. Something rose to the front of Yena's mind -- something she had been trying to beat back all this time. It was so special to her to be with Yuri, and she didn't want to pass that time making them both feel horrible. But it just wouldn't leave her alone.

With concern, Yuri turned her stubborn spheres toward Yena. "Yena? What's wrong?"

"Yuri... it's..."

And at that moment everything came together, all of the magic and the hurt that had been building that day, and she locked her orbs with hers and whispered, "You can tell me."

It was like a floodgate burst, or some barrier of fear had been struck down. Yena shook her head and everything came out at once.

"I don't know if I can put it into words. I... lately... it might not even be just lately.... It's nothing. It's nothing! Yuri, I... it hurts, Yuri... there's nothing that helps. Except that... sometimes, I feel a bit better when you're by my side...."

Yuri listened silently and solemnly. At last, when all the words had left Yena and she was at a loss for words, Yuri  reached out to her and took a deep breath to whisper back, "Yena... that's awful. It wish that weren't how it is. I wish I could say more. Yena...." Yena's eyes began to burn, and she abruptly pulled Yuri into a fierce embrace. Yuri's crystals widened at first, but then she too felt overwhelmed by emotion and succumbed to the warmth of Yena's touch.

"You," Yena whispered, her breath hot on Yuri's ear. "As long as you're here, I'll be all right." They held each other as tears trickled down cheeks and dripped onto the shifting sands to be carried away into the sea. With time and soothing embraces, their pain dissipated into a mist swept out by the ocean breeze and into the setting sun.

They basked in each other's quiet companionship for a few moments.

"Look... it's the sunset."

Yena lifted her head at Yuri's words to behold the dying sun's fermented radiance. "How beautiful."

After a moment of silence, Yuri  took Yena's hands in hers and said quietly and seriously, "Yena, I need to say something. Without you, I would be the sea without the moon -- the moon without the sun -- a fishing rod without a hook. Heh, you're adorable when you smile. But... you're special to me. I'm serious."

"Yuri," she breathed in response. "I can't believe you'd say something so syrupy. For me. But... if I had to tell the truth... I feel the same way about you."

Yuri brought their clasped hands to her lips. "Then... so long as you will it, we will never be parted."

Yena sighed with contentment and brought Yuri  closer. She gazed at the beautiful caramel rays of the falling sun, thinking about everything that had transpired on this day and all that would pass between them.

"You'll hurt your eyes doing that," Yuri added.

"Oh never mind my eyes," Yena sighed, kissing Yuri to shut her up. When they parted, she murmured, "I love you, Yuri."

"I love you too, Yena."

Their lips met, and lemon-colored strands met arundinaceous ones, aflame in the dying light. The sand was their witness and the rumbling ocean their approving audience, and Yuri, her eternally faithful lover. Yena thought to herself that nothing could be more perfect in the world.