Eunbi's Bodyguard: Part 2 (KangBi)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Eunbi had dinner with IZ*ONE in her own home, courtesy of delivery. The 12 females were having a silent dinner, leaving Wonyoung to finish and get an extra plate.

“What are you doing, Won?” Hitomi asked.

“We have to feed our butlers too. Also, I want Yujin to sit next to me~” Wonyoung chanted.

The rest of the members reacted yet they also followed Wonyoung by texting their butlers to come and getting plates for them.

“Whipped.” Nako sighed and continued to eat after placing Hitomi’s plate.

“I heard that Chaeyeon-nim talked to Kaeun-nim so she’ll join us.” Wonyoung giggled and placed another plate on another spot next to her. “She’ll sit here.”

“Hep.” Yuri got the plate and placed it on another spot next to her. “She sits here.”

“No. Here.” Minju sat on Chaewon’s spot and placed it beside her.

The doorbell rang. IZ*ONE raced towards the door until Eunbi calms them down again. She did the honors in opening the door and was greeted by a line of serious bodyguards.

“Hiichan~” Nako zoomed past her taller members and pounced to hug her.

Hitomi caught her like nothing and remained still while bowing with the rest of the butlers to the elites. Eunbi lets everyone come in and Hitomi walked forward with Nako in her arms.

“Thank goodness you came…” Nako mumbled, hugging Hitomi tighter.

“And I thought you were the least whipped,” said Wonyoung. “We’re happy that all of you came.”

“Same with all of you, ladies,” Kaeun spoke and the butlers bowed again. “Thank you for inviting us.”

“Nako-chan, let Hiichan go!” Yuri spat. “You’re suffocating her.”

Nako shook her head yet Hitomi pulled her down and got a hug. The rest of the elites hugged each of their butlers, except for Eunbi and Hyewon. All of the elites lined up towards Kaeun and like a philanthropic event, she hugged them one by one.

“Good thing you came, Kaeun-san~” Sakura patted her back. “Have dinner with us.”

IZ*ONE scrambled to get to their seats. Kaeun’s plate was passed like a disc until Hyewon grabbed it from them and placed it next to her spot. “You sit here, unnie.”

Kaeun thanked her and joined the elites in eating. The elites served some pizza and Hyewon got the most number of slices.

“You have quite the appetite,” Eunbi mumbled.

“Leave her be, Eunbi-unnie. She deserves to eat.” Yuri reprimanded as she handed some sauces. “Which one do you like, Hyewon-ssi?”

“I’ll have all,” Hyewon answered and accepted the packs. “Thank you, Yuri-nim.”

Yuri giggled before resuming her meal. Everyone hid their reactions yet they can feel Eunbi’s emotions. She may have a nick for hiding them but her eyes could never.

She was jealous when Hyewon drew her attention and plastered a smile on Yuri.

“Kaeun-san, we saw the news about that incident,” Sakura spoke. “What will happen to the fan?”

“He’ll be detained for a week,” Kaeun answered. “Hyewon caught him on act plus he was stupid. He would be too afraid to do the same mistake.”

“Daebak~ how did you do it, Hyewon-ssi?” Yuri asked while doing poses. “Did you do this or this?”

Minju and Nako joined her, causing everyone to laugh. Hyewon chewed her food like a chinchilla like it was nothing and Eunbi saw her.

She was too cute for her.

“Just kicked his calf and pinned him down gently. He was just a desperate fan. No harm should be done.” Hyewon answered after swallowing.

“What if it’ll happen again?” Eunbi asked.

“Ah…too negative,” Minju commented.

“Unnie has a point.” Wonyoung defended.

“We won’t let that happen,” Chaeyeon spoke. “We’ll do what it takes to protect all of you.”

IZ*ONE clapped and Kaeun patted Hyewon’s back. After all, she saved the day.

They continued to talk and eat. The butlers shared a bit of information about themselves and IZ*ONE was keen to listen. They loved how the serious bodyguards became open like normal people. Kaeun’s story has been listened to the most because she was like a big sister. She was also attractive to their eyes, especially when she laughed.

As much as they want to talk the whole night, it was almost time for bed.

“It’s almost curfew, guys. You all need to go.” Eunbi spoke.

“I’ll drive the van and take them to their homes.” Hyewon offered.

“No,” Eunbi demanded.

“But – “

“It’s okay, Kwangbae,” Kaeun whispered to calm her down. “I’ll do the task, Miss Eunbi.”

Eunbi agreed and the elites hugged each other goodbye. The butlers thanked Eunbi and their fellow elites before following Kaeun outside. Hyewon would’ve followed them when Eunbi held her arm, stopping her.

“Kwangbae.” Eunbi called.

“That call is exclusive for the butlers, Eunbi-nim,” Hyewon spoke. “What is it this time?”

Eunbi corrected herself. Her conscience was hurt because Hyewon still tended to give her the cold shoulder.

“Where are you going?”

“Home,” Hyewon answered. “We were only tasked to have dinner with you.”

“Stay, Hyewon-ah...” Eunbi spoke. “It’s lonely here.”

“You don’t mean that,” Hyewon answered as she lets herself go.

“I’m your master. YOU listen to ME.”

Hyewon sighed and rubbed her temples. Eunbi was using an authoritative tone on her and it was one of the reasons why she didn’t want to stay longer. A part of her conscience was afraid and hurt because Eunbi always had that attitude, wrecking her morale and self-esteem.

“Remember your place,” Eunbi spoke and it became the last resort that made Hyewon obey.

“What must I do, Eunbi-nim?” Hyewon asked as she looked at her.

Eunbi maintained a sharp glare because of Hyewon’s defiance. However, it changed into a submissive one and she looked like a begging puppy. Hyewon maintained her stoic face yet her conscience was confused like a deer caught in the headlines.

“What’s with the face, Eunbi-nim? Are you okay?” Hyewon asked.

“Yes. I’m okay.” Eunbi spoke and drew closer. “Will you take me to bed again?”

Hyewon gulped but obeyed nonetheless. She drew closer to carry the Little Miss again and took her to her bedroom. Eunbi held onto Hyewon and hid her blush and smile by nuzzling her shoulder. Hyewon felt those movements and felt tingly.

Nope! I’m not having it!

“We’re here, Eunbi-nim,” Hyewon spoke as she puts her down

Eunbi didn’t let her go yet and gave her more instructions. Hyewon was perplexed but she had to do her responsibility. Eunbi went to the bathroom to take a shower and Hyewon prepared her clothes. Eunbi finished quickly and Hyewon gave her clothes, looking away as she changed.

“Can you carry me to my bed? Please?”

“You still have feet, Eunbi-nim. Walk.” Hyewon snapped lightly.

“Pleeeaaase~ Kwangbae ~”

“Shi – alright, alright.” Hyewon spat then carried her again.

For Hyewon, carrying Eunbi was like carrying a feather. Eunbi was on her back and she snuggled on Hyewon’s shoulders, hands feeling her chest. Hyewon had a slight reaction but felt nothing.

She would’ve felt something but chose not to.

Finally, Hyewon placed Eunbi on her bed. Eunbi lied down and Hyewon tucked the blanket on top of her but Eunbi got up.

“Kwangbae…” Eunbi got closer. “Mind me for always asking you to carry me. Your back must hurt…”

No , Little Miss.

“It’s okay. I’ve carried heavier stuff.” Hyewon spoke. “You need to rest now, Eunbi-nim.”

“Are you sure you’re not hurt?” Eunbi sat up and got to Hyewon, holding her back.

Hyewon was still. Eunbi ended up massaging her back, her shoulders, even her arms. Eunbi’s hold stopped at Hyewon’s forearms, gripping on them gently.

“I’m okay. Really.” Hyewon answered. “That massage felt nice, though.”

Eunbi smiled at that, leaving Hyewon to look away and scratch her head. Hyewon finally excused herself to go when Eunbi gave her a back hug. Hyewon froze.

“Thank you for always saving the day…”

“You’re welcome,” Hyewon answered. “You need to rest now, Eunbi-nim. I’ll make a round before I go.”

Eunbi nodded and slowly released. “Kwangbae?”

“Yes?” Hyewon asked, almost bothered of not being dismissed.

“Do you know why I do such actions to you?”

Hyewon took some time as she was frozen still. Eunbi waited for her answer with a pounding heart until Hyewon spoke out. “I know…but let’s not dwell onto that.”

Eunbi nodded and bided Hyewon goodnight, getting one back as Hyewon closed the door. Eunbi finally laid down as her heart became weary.

“You still don’t accept me yet…” Eunbi mumbled before going to sleep.

+++

Hyewon rushed towards Sakura’s house to pick Eunbi up. It turned out that the elites were having a party and Eunbi drank way too much. As a part of her responsibility, Hyewon had to pick her up and get her home safely.

She got inside the house to see Yuri slumping her head on the gate. Hyewon reckoned that the rest of the members were still inside the house.

“Miss Yuri.” Hyewon slowly nudged her.

Yuri woke up slowly. “Oh, Kwangbae… you’re here.”

“Why don’t you come with me and Eunbi-nim?” Hyewon offered. “I can also take you to your house.”

“No need. I called Yena after I called you so she can pick me up.” Yuri answered.

“Hey, Yuri! Are you flirting with Kwangbae?!” Hitomi hiccupped as she got out. “She’s Eunbi’s property!”

Hyewon pretended not to hear as Yuri sighed at the drunk peach. “You rascal…”

“Why didn’t they go home?” Hyewon asked.

“One, we can’t leave Eunbi with Sakura. Two, we’re waiting for our butlers. And three, we waited for you to pick her up, Kwangbae.” Yuri spoke. “Eunbi only wants you to deal with her. She likes you. I don’t mind about it. Look at yourself! You’re attractive, caring, and protective.” She then whispered. “I don’t mind…even if I feel the same way…”

“What was that, Miss Yuri?” Hyewon asked about the whisper.

“It’s gibberish; an effect of drinking.” Yuri reasoned.

“I don’t know what to feel and say but thanks, Miss Yuri,” Hyewon spoke and they went inside.

Hyewon and Yuri walked side by side and Yuri even had attempted to hold Hyewon’s arm but to no avail. As they got inside, everyone greeted Hyewon and Hyewon greeted back with a bow.

“Do take her home now, Hyewon-ssi,” Sakura spoke. “She’s too drunk. And when she is, she goes loco.”

Hyewon nodded and got closer to Eunbi. Her face was red and she looked like she was in a trance. Hyewon carried her bridal style and bid farewell to the elites again. As Yuri closed the door behind them, Nako voiced out. “Someone’s jealous~”

“Shut up, midget.” Yuri huffed.

“Two-timer~” Hitomi wooed. “You like Yena. And Hyewon too?”

“I said shut up!” Yuri whined and everyone decided to party again.

+++

The journey for Hyewon to take Eunbi home had its struggles. Eunbi was frisky and spitting words and Hyewon wanted to just cut her ears out so she won’t be annoyed with the noise. Nonetheless, they finally arrived at the mansion. Hyewon parked the car and got out to carry Eunbi again.

There was a huge difference between sober Kwon Eunbi and drunk Kwon Eunbi. When sober, Eunbi carried finesse as the top elite in the academy. When drunk, she was a whiny baby. The only similarity was that Eunbi was bratty for both sides of herself.

Hyewon had her fair share when she became Eunbi’s bodyguard. She would get scolded, get insulted, and get demanded with most unusual instructions. On the other hand, she would show worry, attempt to hug her, and even begged her to stay by her side. All of those things became sporadic, making Hyewon all the more confused.

But something inside her made her want to do her responsibility well, all for Eunbi’s sake.

Eunbi woke up a bit and mumbled her name while she held Hyewon’s neck. Eunbi was laid on the bed when she suddenly pulled Hyewon down. Hyewon managed to hold her weight at a safe distance but her eyes went wide because of Eunbi’s sudden actions.

Now, the two were at the couch. Eunbi was in the boundary of her consciousness but she smiled to see Hyewon.

“Eunbi – “

“Kwangbae…” Eunbi cupped her face.

Hyewon was frozen. Eunbi’s fingers traced her lips as she inched closer to kiss her…

…until she released and finally slept.

Hyewon was relieved as she tucked Eunbi in her blanket. She did rounds in the house before leaving. She walked towards her home, removing her cardigan to snap her mind out of this day. It has been three months since the start of her service and Hyewon never thought she’d deal with those things.

There was a reason she didn’t like it. It all started three years ago but it was a bridge to cross when one gets there.

Nonetheless, Hyewon got to her home without any fuss. She did a quick shower, teeth brushing, and change of clothes before going to bed herself.

As Hyewon tossed and turned, she realized that she should step it up with her

+++

“Top of the morning to you, Kwangbae~” Yena draped an arm around her.

Chaeyeon adored her like a mother whereas Yena and Yujin hugged her. Hyewon thanked them and they got to the set of IZ*ONE’s photoshoot with BNT International. The bodyguards were disseminated to their tasks, with Hyewon sitting next to the photographer and the editor.

The members were being prepped by the stylists. For Eunbi, she was the first to finish and her eyes always glued to Hyewon talking to the staff.

“Looks like someone’s in love,” Minju spoke. “Our bodyguards look more attractive in casual wear.”

“I can’t believe you guys at the party.” Eunbi spat. “Why did you let me drink too much?”

“That’s out of our control. You should be thankful Hyewon came. She sent you home last night.” Minju added.

“I felt that,” Eunbi spoke then sighed. “Confession time. Hyewon is so dreamy. She carried me to bed and I got to hold her closer.”

I even almost kissed her.

“Big obvious whoop,” Minju spoke. “However, you need to be more transparent with your emotions.”

“Why?” Eunbi asked.

“Everyone will have a limit plus you have competition.”

Eunbi watched Minju go and was confused about that thought until she was called by the photographer first and then got to the set. She was given instructions on what to do but she stole glances to look at Hyewon.

“Got it, Eunbi-ssi?”

Eunbi nodded and posed for the camera. Eunbi heard good comments about her poses but she would get scolded because she didn’t look at the lens.

How could she look when Hyewon was in front of her?

“! The PC’s broken!!” The editor spat.

“Don’t worry. I can fix it,” said Hyewon.

“You can?” Both multimedia staff asked. “We thought you’re just a full-time bodyguard for your elite and a photography enthusiast.”

IZ*ONE heard it, especially Eunbi. They were outraged, even Eunbi wanted to slap the out of the staff for insulting Hyewon. But Hyewon only nodded and took over the PC. With a simple click and typing of code, she fixed the PC like it was nothing.

“There,” Hyewon spoke and returned to her seat.

“Good job.” Eunbi mouthed at Hyewon.

“Thank you.” Hyewon mouthed back.

“Kwangbae~” Chaeyeon called. “Can you do me a favor, please?”

Hyewon went to Eunbi’s dismay but to the least, the photo shoot went on. The bodyguards and elites went on their usual tasks while Hyewon went to do an errand. Eunbi got to Chaeyeon, asking. “Where is she going?”

“The HMUAs lacked hair clips. Hyewon went out to buy some.”

“I got the clips.” Hyewon arrived like lightning, giving it to the hairstylist.

“Thanks a bunch, Hyewon-ssi~”

Hyewon was called by the editor again and she went back to the set. Everyone was impressed with how quick Hyewon was as she returned to Sakura’s aid. Eunbi watched her bodyguard become serious with her special tasks. Looking at her dedication made Eunbi’s heart skip a beat.

She was reminded of that night where Hyewon carried her to sleep. She remembered her daring attempt and loved how Hyewon’s lips felt on her fingers. Oh, how she loved to have that chance again…

…even if it felt so wrong.

Eunbi had to return to reality as she was called to check on her pictures. Her conscience celebrated as Hyewon took over the PC to edit the pictures. Eunbi sat next to her and scooted closer than usual.

“Good levels, Hyewon-ssi,” said the editor. “I think that’s pretty good. What do you think, Eunbi-ssi?”

Eunbi didn’t care about the picture. All she cared about was Hyewon beside her. She held Hyewon’s hand, saying. “I think that looks great.”

Hyewon’s eyes went wide but she remained unmoved as the next member was called. The editor was called at another set, leaving Eunbi and Hyewon by the PC.

“Do you mind, Kwangbae?” Eunbi asked, intertwining their fingers.

Hyewon didn’t say anything but she didn’t move away either. Eunbi smiled and stayed by her side. She was fascinated by how driven and quick Hyewon was in editing, especially on Hyewon herself. Eunbi would caress her arm and would’ve leaned her head on her shoulder when –

“Unnie, it’s our turn!” Wonyoung called.

“Let me take over here, Eunbi-unnie,” Yuri smirked.

Eunbi huffed and followed Wonyoung. Wonyoung was intrigued as Yuri sat next to Hyewon and conducted a little skin-ship.

“She is taking Kwangbae.” Eunbi harrumphed and got to the set.

Eunbi spared a look at the two as her inner desire fueled to have Hyewon as hers.

+++

“Have lunch with us,” Wonyoung smiled to the bodyguards, holding Yujin’s arm.

Yujin gazed at Wonyoung then at the members with the other butlers, looking like a lost puppy. As much as they wanted to respect their privacy, orders were orders. They agreed when Hyewon’s phone rang.

“Excuse me.” Hyewon made a peace sign before she went outside.

Hyewon checked her phone and seeing the dialler made her answer immediately. “Appa.”

Hyewon-ah, can you excuse yourself from your service? Your great-grandfather is here. I was wondering if you can stop by and join us for lunch.

“Hold on,” Hyewon spoke before holding the call and going back inside.

“Was that Juhyung-nim, Kwangbae?” Chaeyeon asked.

Kang Juhyung was Hyewon’s father and all butlers of their university knew him. He was an alumnus, skilled at basic services, and was a good fighter. His skills made him serve in the military and he got a permanent position as a general. He was also humble and secretive with his profile, which explains why Hyewon is very silent and secretive with her own.

“It is, Yeon.” Hyewon answered. “I’m sorry but I need to be out for a bit. It’s an emergency.”

IZ*ONE suddenly had sad faces. They were excited for all their butlers to join them that hearing her say otherwise made them frown. The other butlers understood the members’ plight but they realized Hyewon needed to go.

“It’s okay, Kwangbae. Go.” As the eldest of the butlers, Kaeun agreed. “Be back before 1, okay?”

“Sorry, ladies.” Hyewon bowed a bit. “How about dinner?”

IZ*ONE nodded immediately and Hyewon excuses herself to go. They resumed their lunch until Wonyoung spoke. “Hey, Yuri-unnie. I saw Hyewon-unnie patting your head. Are you not going to wash your hair ever again?”

“Should I not, Won?” Yuri asked.

“Heol…” Minju was shocked. “Hyewon-unnie patted her head. If I was in Yuri’s shoes, I wouldn’t wash it off too.”

“Someone’s whipped,” Sakura spoke then smirked. “Although this is a relatable situation, someone decided to stay out of this.”

Everyone went silent yet Sakura persuaded the butlers to join them. They gathered around the table and ate lunch.

For Eunbi, she was listening throughout but she decided to calm down and take the initiative in texting her.

+++

Hyewon was having a great time with her family. Juhyung ended up treating pork belly and soda and they clunked their cans together. For Hyewon, she and her brother Kyungwoo were receiving blessings from their great-grandfather for being good butlers in the university.

“The suit looks good on you, my great-granddaughter.” The oldest patriarch spoke. “And I’m sure you’ll look good in a soldier’s uniform too…”

Hyewon wowed as the patriarch showed his uniform to her. He handed it to her as a gift and as a hope that she will follow in the footsteps of their family’s legacy; that the eldest of each generation must serve in the army. As the eldest of her generation, she had a responsibility to join the military.

“Have you changed your mind now, dear?”

“Papa…this is wonderful…” Hyewon smiled. “…but I don’t think I’m still ready.”

“I understand.” He nodded then patted her hand. “How about after you finish your studies?”

Hyewon nodded. The patriarch was happy and gave her more food. “Eat some more, Hyewon-ah…”

Hyewon indulged in them when her phone vibrated. She opened her phone and read a text message.

Kwangbae, will you go on a date with me before dinner?

Hyewon almost dropped her phone, leaving the family to wonder. She hid her phone in her pocket and asked, “What time is it?”

“12:40.”

“I should get going, everyone. I can’t be late.” Hyewon got up and bowed. “Thanks for the time.”

“Don’t run. Take an easy walk, okay?” Juhyung reminded her as she went to the door.

“Yes! Bye, Appa. Bye, Papa. Bye, everyone.” Hyewon spoke as she went out.

They watch her run like Flash, causing them to laugh.

“Aigoo…she’s just like me when I was young.” The eldest patriarch spoke.

“She’s gone very busy.” Juhyung spoke. “Will it be okay for you, Harabeoji?”

“Well…you can take the job of a person…”

“But you can’t take the person out of the job.”

“You’re right, Kyungwoo-ah.” He spoke again. “And sometimes, it worries me.”

+++

Hyewon managed to return before the call time. The remaining hours became busy for her, especially during the editing. Amid the nags from the senior staff, the attention Eunbi and Yuri do towards her, and of her ill-temper, Hyewon got through the whole process without breaking her cool.

It was now the end of their schedule. IZ*ONE went to their van and was escorted by their butlers. The casual persona was averted back to “bodyguard mode”, eyes fixated around for any mishap that could happen. They got inside safely and Kaeun drove them to their dorms. Hyewon sat in the middle section close to the left window. Eunbi would’ve made way to sit there when Yuri was lucky to sit next to Hyewon, making Eunbi furious. Yena followed Yuri, making the latter in between her and Hyewon.

Most of the members slept. Yuri was debating with her conscience until Yena spoke. “Yuri-ssi, you need rest.”

“Do you mind this, Yena-ssi?” Yuri asked, leaning her head on her shoulder.

Yena shook her head. Yuri was relieved and slept on Yena’s side. Hyewon didn’t care and remained still, looking at the view of the city. Her solace was disrupted by her phone’s vibration and she opened it to see a message.

Is it a yes or no, Kwangbae?

Hyewon looked back at that member, seeing her eyes beg. With Kaeun focusing on the road and with everyone asleep, their tension wasn’t felt. Hyewon sighed and texted.

We’ll give it a shot. Where should we meet?

Hyewon looked back and saw the gleam in her eyes and her fingers typing a text back.

Can we have a date at Myeongdong and in your stay?

Hyewon looked back and nodded, leaving that one member to smile and feel excited. Hyewon wouldn’t have agreed to it. The other members and managers might be at their dorms but they can always be susceptible to harm.

But she couldn’t. They were bound to this service, after all.