How Will It Be? : Part 2 (KkuChaen, 2Kim, 2Chae)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Chaeyeon and Chaewon were hanging at Chaeyeon’s place, playing video games and discussing concepts of constructing a motorcycle for their next practicum.


Both of their phones rang and they paused their game to answer. 


Jjaeyeon…it’s me.


“What do you want, Kkura?” Chaeyeon spoke. “Aren’t you supposed to be on a date with Minju?”


I didn’t go on a date with Kkura, Ssamu. Can I come over tonight?


Chaewon excused herself at the veranda, answering. “I’m not at my home. I’ll come there after I’m done here.”


Chaewon hung up, just as much as Chaeyeon did. The duo took a break and talked about their friendships. 


“You think it’s time to talk to them?” Chaewon asked. “As much as we share the pain of a broken heart, we can’t ignore them.”


“You’re right.”


They shared hi-fives and decided to finish up before they go to their own personal duties.


+++


“Let’s break up.”


Minju gulped as Sakura said those words. It was one thing she didn’t want to happen for their relationship was going smoothly. But then, she could never deny that their voids could never be filled up because of them together. 


Minju was teary yet she wiped them herself. She understood why it had to happen. It wasn’t just for Sakura but for the both them; that they fill their voids with the right person. “I couldn’t believe it wouldn’t work out.” 


“It’s never our faults. Fate just wanted to tell us that we weren’t meant for each other.” Sakura spoke, holding her hand. “But I was thankful for the moments we had.”


“Me too.” Minju added, holding her hand back.


Sakura pulled her for a hug, giving pats. Minju hugged back as she lets go first, just as much as she was letting go of her feelings for the latter.


Their farewell was a bit difficult but they slowly let go and went on their different paths. They were teary but they made calls towards different persons.


Hopefully, their right persons.


+++


Chaeyeon drove her Ducati towards a familiar residence, almost as grand as hers. She knocked on the gate once and was greeted by an old woman, hugging and kissing her cheek. Chaeyeon smiled and hugged back. 


“Grandma~” Sakura was behind her. “Don’t flip Chaeyeon out~”


“Chaeyeon’s gotten used to it~” Her grandma added as she pinched Chaeyeon’s cheek. “How’s your grandma? We need to hangout again!”


“I’ll talk to her about it, Baba.”


She lets them inside and insisted Chaeyeon that she joined them for dinner. Chaeyeon agreed and looked around the mansion, feeling memories kick in.


“You and Sakuratan used to play in the living room. Always tugging stuffed toys.” Sakura’s grandma spoke while she prepared to cook with the maids. “I’ll prepare grilled squid and spicy pork, both of your favorites.”


Sakura agreed and pulled Chaeyeon outside so they can talk. Chaeyeon would restrict but Sakura’s hold got tighter. They got to the pool and sat by the edge, dipping their feet. Chaeyeon maintained a distance when – 


“Jjaeyeon, do you hate me?”


Chaeyeon looked at Sakura and saw her eyes getting wetter. She looked away again, sighing. “No.”


“Then why do you keep yourself away from me?”


“I just needed some space.” 


“You could’ve told me. I’d do that for you.” Sakura reached to hold her hand again. “I’m your best friend.”


“Yeah. I’m just your best friend.” Chaeyeon spoke as she lets herself go off of Sakura’s hold. “Now can you tell me why you called and wanted to talk to me?”


“Minju and I broke up. I felt sad that I wanted to tell you about it.” Sakura spoke. “And I wanted to know why you’ve been avoiding me…because I miss you, Jjaeyeon.”


That hurt her heart. The oblivious, the ignorance, and the development aspects kicked her system to the point that she had to confess her feelings.


It was the only way to settle a proper closure between them.


“I avoided you because I love you.”


Sakura looked at Chaeyeon with shocked eyes as Chaeyeon still looked at the calm waters. Chaeyeon felt her heavy heart turn light but that wasn’t all.


“We’ve been friends since elementary. We grew and developed an open understanding about the world and between us, I’m the only one who grew feelings for you.” Chaeyeon started. “I kept it in, fearing that I’ll lose the only person who understood me. You developing a crush on Minju became my breaking point, causing myself to constantly support you with your mutual feelings for her…” She felt a tear drop. “…even if I was hurting.”


“Jjaeyeon…”


“I made a promise to you, Kkura. Remember when we were kids?”


Sakura recalled every detail and nodded. Which is why, seeing Chaeyeon drift herself away from her made her heart empty.


“I’m sorry if I hurt you like that. It was the only way I had to do to protect both our feelings.” 


Chaeyeon was shocked when Sakura hugged her. Sakura’s arms secured onto Chaeyeon’s build, head resting on her shoulders as she sniffled.


Sakura cried her apologies out for she had been taking too much of her time and ignoring her feelings. Chaeyeon was teary again since she never liked witnessing Sakura hurt.


The things she did for love…


“Hey. It’s okay.” Chaeyeon patted her back. “You didn’t mean to be oblivious.”


“But you got hurt because of me!”


Chaeyeon clicked her tongue and hugged Sakura back. Sakura just cried and lets Chaeyeon’s hug calm her weary heart. Sakura didn’t let go as her head was close to Chaeyeon’s chest.


“Your heart…” Sakura mumbled. “…is beating for me?”


The thumps grew louder. Chaeyeon was already inside her limbo towards the truth and there was no turning back.


“Yes. It always has.”


Sakura lets herself go of the hug and reached to cup Chaeyeon’s face. Chaeyeon would’ve loved this for this was a dream come true but she was never a woman to take advantage of any situation. She shuts her eyes and tried to remove Sakura’s hands but Sakura wanted to hold her. She even inched herself to Chaeyeon, closing her eyes.


“You and Minju are a thing, Kkura.” Chaeyeon spoke while her eyes were still shut.


“We broke up already…” was the last thing Chaeyeon heard as something sealed the start of her nirvana. 


She didn’t care if it’ll be gone afterwards because what matters to her is now.


+++


Chaewon knocked on the door of Minju’s home. She was greeted by her father and his demeaning stature. 


“Good evening, sir.” Chaewon bowed. “Is Minju around?”


“Dad~” Minju’s younger sister called to handle Chaewon’s visit. 


The patriarch agreed and the little Kim went to hug her favorite unnie. Chaewon hugged her back and even lifted her. “Where’s your unnie?”


“Up her room.” 


Chaewon came inside, sparing bows to the maid and Minju’s mother. The latter got little Kim off of Chaewon’s hold, saying. “She’s up her room, dear. She’s been waiting for you.”


Chaewon nodded and went up to the familiar door. She knocked into it and was almost startled when Minju opened instantly and pulled her inside. She locked the room and lets Chaewon be in her embrace. Chaewon was frozen yet she felt Minju’s hands clench on her shirt, felt her head lean on her shoulder, and her tears wetting her shirt. Chaewon shuts her eyes as her heart felt torn.


It was then that a hand patted Minju’s head and her other arm hugged Minju back. “Did I come late?”


Minju broke and looked at Chaewon, eyes still teary. She reached to Chaewon’s face, cupping it. “Even if you come after a decade, you’ll never be late.”


Chaewon didn’t ask to why Minju cried. She just reached to wipe her tears away.


“Ssamu, do you hate me?”


Chaewon looked at Minju and saw her eyes getting wetter. She looked away again, sighing. “I could never...”


“Then why do you keep yourself away from me?”


“I wanted to move on from my feelings towards you.” Chaewon started. “I could’ve told you because I’d never want to lie to you. I’m your best friend.”


“Ssamu…”


“Yeah. I’m just your best friend.” Chaewon spoke as she lets herself go off of Minju’s hold. “Now can you tell me why you called and wanted to talk to me?”


“Sakura and I broke up. I felt sad that I wanted to tell you about it.” Minju spoke. “And I want to say…I’m sorry.”


Chaewon listened to Minju’s cries and it hurt her heart. The oblivious, the ignorance, and the development aspects kicked into Minju’s system to the point that she had to confess her true feelings.


It was the only way to settle a proper closure between them.


“I broke up with Sakura because I didn’t love her. I love you.”


Chaewon looked at Minju with shocked eyes as Minju hugged her again. Chaewon felt her heavy heart turn light but that wasn’t all.


“We’ve been friends since senior high. We grew and developed an open understanding about the world and between us, I’m the only one who grew feelings for you.” Chaewon started. “I kept it in, fearing that I’ll lose the only person who understood me. You developing a crush on Sakura became my breaking point, causing myself to be away from your life to constantly support you with your mutual feelings for her…” She felt a tear drop. “…even if I never wanted it and even if I was hurting.”


“Ssamu…”


“I made a promise to you, Min. Remember when we were in high school?”


Minju recalled every detail and nodded, especially the thought of their pinkies linked to each other. Which is why, seeing Chaewon being so cold to her made her sad and worried.


“I’m sorry if I hurt you like that. It was the only way I had to do to protect both our feelings.” 


Minju was shocked when Chaewon hugged her. Chaewon’s arms secured onto Minju’s build, head resting on her the latter’s as she whispered her “I’m sorry.”


Minju cried her apologies for she had been ignoring her feelings. Chaewon was teary again since she never liked Minju getting hurt. And when she did, she was really sorry for it.


The things she did for love…


“Hey. It’s okay.” Chaewon patted her back. “You didn’t mean to be oblivious.”


“But you got hurt because of me!”


“You got hurt because of me too!” Chaewon clicked her tongue and hugged Minju tighter.


Minju just cried and lets Chaewon’s hug calm her weary heart. Minju didn’t let go as her head was close to Chaewon’s chest.


“Your heart…” Minju mumbled as she closed her eyes. “…is beating for me…”


The thumps grew louder. Chaewon was already inside her limbo towards the truth and there was no turning back.


“Yes. It always has.”


Minju lets herself go of the hug and reached to cup Chaewon’s face. Chaewon would’ve loved this for this was a dream come true but she was never a woman to take advantage of any situation. She shuts her eyes and tried to remove Minju’s hands but Minju wanted to hold her. She even inched herself to Chaewon, closing her eyes.


“You and Kkura are a thing, Min.” Chaeyeon spoke while her eyes were still shut.


“We broke up because she’s not the right person. You are…” was the last thing Chaewon heard as something sealed the start of her nirvana. 


She didn’t care if it’ll be gone afterwards because what matters to her is now.


+++


An angry koala was struggling to keep her graduation hat intact but a frog was there to help her. A cherry blossom was running like a mannequin outside a mattress store as she was relieved in finding a bird.


“Kkura, you’re sweating.” Chaeyeon wiped her forehead and adjusted her toga. “Why did you run again?”


“I was looking for you~” Sakura pouted as she wanted to kiss her.


“Not in front of us, please.” Chaewon spoke as she covered Minju’s eyes. 


“I can’t see~” Minju had her arms around. 


A whistle was heard from the coordinator as the graduates need to line up. The four friends lined up and luckily, they were in chronological order. Chaewon got backhugged by Minju while Sakura did the same to Chaeyeon.


They may started years but they’ll still have a future, just how it will be.