Awkward~ : Part 2 (MongMin)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Time passed and it was the end of the SSS promotions. They celebrate by eating out and always made use of their day-offs, a common thing after finishing promotions. For this comeback, it was a long weekend and the members were free to do whatever they want.


Eunbi and Chaewon wanted to return to their hometowns. Yena and Yuri would go on a date in Busan. Chaeyeon will invite the SaNakHii trio to her home. Yujin and Wonyoung would go on a date in Sokcho.


“What about the two of you?” Chaewon asked Hyewon and Minju.


“Stay here in the dorm. I have nothing to do plus I’m not in the mood to visit my family.” Hyewon answered.


“Same. I’ll also stop by UrbanWorks to meet Kreisha,” said Minju.


“Alrighty. Let’s go~” Yena cheered and everyone followed.


The members became busy preparing for their trips. The long weekend will start tomorrow so they made most of their current time to prepare and travel so they can use their vacant days wisely. Hyewon and Minju could only watch them as they sit on the couch and watch TV.


One by one, the members brought stuff and bid farewell. Yena and Yuri were the last to leave the dorm.


“Don’t get awkward, you two~” Yuri chanted. “See you guys on Monday.”


“And don’t forget to take out the trash.” Yena added as the door closed behind her.


Minju was relieved at that moment. She finally gets to hug Hyewon and lean onto her like a puppy. Hyewon looked back, turning the TV off. “What is it, Min?”


“Kwangbae~” Minju spoke, pinching her cheeks. “Let’s go on a date too.”


“Is this going to be another secret trip?” Hyewon asked, getting a nod and another pinch on the cheek. “Where?”


“Jejudo. Two days and one night.” Minju added. “I already got everything settled. I just need your approval.”


“Why two days and one night? Can we stay there for three days and nights?” Hyewon asked. “I’ll also provide in case we fall short.”


“The members might find out about us…” Minju pouted. “I’m not ready yet.”


“I know.” Hyewon spoke, hugging her closer and pecking her cheek. “If ever that happens, I’ll explain myself. I will do all that I can so that the members won’t bother you.”


Minju was whipped. Hyewon looked awkward and dense yet she was the most caring girlfriend in the world. 


“So…” Minju wrapped her arms around Hyewon’s neck as she asked. “…is it a yes?”


Hyewon nodded and Minju lets out a cute ‘eep’ before choking Hyewon into her hug. Hyewon coughed a bit but she hugged Minju back. And with an added dose of kisses, Hyewon lets out a wide smile.


“You’re quite the strangler, Min.” 


“Thank you. Now, let’s prepare~” Minju chanted and pulled her up.


Hyewon went with the flow and lets herself be dragged by Minju. Secret trips had been their norm after every promotion as a coping mechanism of their hidden relationship. It was a total of three provinces in Korea and three prefectures in Japan. Today was the fourth province.


Hyewon chuckled and went with this trip. After all, it was for Minju.


+++


Hyewon was enjoying the breeze as Minju drove from Seoul to Mokpo as the decide to barge on a car ferry so they can use their rented vehicle. Hyewon was impressed of Minju. She wasn’t the girl to get serious but when it came to their special trips, Minju had an itinerary planned out. 

 
“Good timing, Min.” Hyewon commented. “Eight hours is quite a long trip. We’ll get to Jeju by night.”


Minju agreed. Once they got to the wharf, Minju had a smooth transition with the processes. The car got inside the car ferry and a few minutes later, they were sailing towards Jeju.


“Say cheese.” Hyewon brought her favorite camera and took Minju’s picture.


Minju always plastered a smile and Hyewon loved every single one. Minju got out of the car first, opening Hyewon’s door and pulling her out. “Come on, baby. Let’s go up!”


Hyewon nodded and got up to the second level. They wowed of the beautiful sea and the sun shining up. Minju got Hyewon’s camera and took a picture of her many times. 


“Baby.” Minju called and Hyewon turned to look at her.


Minju got a cute pose. Hyewon went to get her camera back, taking Minju’s picture wearing her shades and almost doing a famous TikTok dance.


“I’ll switch to my phone.” Hyewon spoke, opening the TikTok app.


“You have a TikTok account?” Minju wondered.


“Yes. For memes and for you.”


Hyewon got the music ready and Minju prepared for that little dance. It was one thing she would never show to the members but only to Hyewon. After the challenge, Hyewon saved it in her drafts.


“Your turn, baby.” Minju puts the shades on Hyewon. “You should have a video too.”


Hyewon whined her no but Minju whined louder to say yes. Hyewon sighed and prepared as Minju took pictures before taking a video. Hyewon had a goddess for a beauty but she had the moves of a hungry penguin, something that Minju could adore forever.


“Yay~” Minju gleamed as she finished taking the video and saving it in her drafts. “Send these to me later.”


Hyewon nodded, just in time for the sunset. She went to the starboard and took pictures of it and Minju followed her, grabbed her phone and took a picture of her. Once the picture taking was done, Minju got to Hyewon’s side, hugging her. Hyewon wrapped an arm around Minju’s waist and they watched the sunset silently.


“Kwangbae…” Minju spoke as she rubbed circles on Hyewon’s abdomen. “Thank you for this day.”


“Min, thank you.” Hyewon spoke back. “You always plan these for us.”


“Because I know you don’t plan.” Minju added. “I don’t care about that. All I want is just to spend the days with you.”


Hyewon nodded, kissing Minju’s head. She lets go, only to pull Minju so they can return to their car. 


“You need to rest in order to drive to our hotel later. I can’t drive.” Hyewon reasoned. “I’ll be in close watch to wake you up.”


Minju agreed and they slowly walked towards their white Suburban. They got to their seats and Hyewon helps Minju tuck in her chair. The moment Hyewon reclined the seat, Minju fell asleep. Yet, her hand reached to hold Hyewon’s hand before resting.


She smiled and didn’t let go of Minju’s hand.


+++


“Min, you’re sleepy.”


“Don’t worry, Kwangbae. We’re almost at the hotel.”


It was almost 10 in the evening. Minju was still on driving duty and she had no plans of stopping, especially when she realizes that the hotel wasn’t that far. Luckily, they managed to arrive at a sleek-looking hotel. Minju got a good parking spot and Hyewon volunteered to carry their luggage. 


“Kwangbae, I’ll carry my bag.”


“No need, love. I can carry them.”


Minju didn’t bat again and quickly checked in. The hotel had 24/7 for check-ins but only had 12 noon for checkout. Nonetheless, Minju’s transaction went smooth and led Hyewon towards their hotel room.


As Minju opened the door and the lights, Hyewon wowed of the interior. It was a suite that had a good view of the sea. There was a little kitchen, a living room, a large bathroom, and a king-sized bed.


“Min, how do you manage to…” Hyewon could only be shocked.


“I have my ways, Kwangbae.” Minju said, wrapping her arms around Hyewon’s neck. “You’ll only spend for extras, okay?”


“Got it.” Hyewon nodded and kissed Minju’s forehead.


Minju giggled and pulled Hyewon closer. This vacation was going well and the long weekends haven’t started. Hyewon was grateful for Minju that she’ll do anything she asked her.


For now, it was time for a long hug and preparations for bedtime.