Learning The Beat (Kwonchaeng)

365 with ZOZI [HIATUS]

Lee Chaeyeon was thinking about Kwon Eunbi again, a caring dictator with the typical Asian face, flawless arms and y body.

But why, though?

She and Eunbi were the perfect couple. They had parental instincts, shared the same passion for dancing, and were really compatible. But sometimes, love can be a and turn one of you into dictators.

Why a dictator? Turned out that their relationship went on a full swing with pride and raised opinions to the point they broke up. The blocked each other on SNS, threw memorabilia away, and acted like they didn't exist in each other's worlds.

But amid that endless torture, Chaeyeon always had that in her mind.

She had HER in her mind.

Chaeyeon walked over to the window and reflected on her used to be vibrant but now dull surroundings. She had always loved to feel home. Seoul was always wondeful with its surreal buildings. Her small apartment was a greater thing. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel happy.

However, all of that died the moment the dictator she understood walked out of her life. Who knew love bit you like once it hurts you?

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the caring figure of Kwon Eunbi.

Chaeyeon gulped. She got panicked as she glanced at her own reflection. She used to be the concerned, offensive and had a knick to eat spicy food. But now, she was a nonchalant, defensive, yoghurt eater with skinny arms and a thick face.

the looks. That wasn't the concern.

Her friends saw her as a saint from beginning to end that when she and Eunbi broke up, she ended up reviving her young, fragile heart. She did in all of her power to forget everything - from the time Eunbi cheated to the time Chaeyeon faced her wrath because of jealousy. She was jist hurt of everything.

But not even a nonchalant person who had once revived a dying, fragile heart, was prepared for what was in store today. Chaeyeon watched through the blinds of the window and heard her door knock.

Wait. Did Eunbi walk in the dripping rain just to get to her place?

"Chaeyeon..." She called. "Please talk to me..."

This sudden appearance after all that had happened like her loving dog Chaeso, making Chaeyeon confused. Chaeyeon grabbed an untouchable candle that had been strewn nearby; she massaged it with her fingers as she hesitated to open the door.

No way she was there. She had no reason to come back.

As Chaeyeon stepped outside and Eunbi met her gaze and came closer, she could see the glint od various emotions in her eyes.

"I thought you forgot about me."

Eunbi gazed with the affection of a loving and glorious morn. She said, in hushed tones, "I couldn't, Chaeyeon. You haunted me every night since we broke up. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't live peacefully knowing that I walked away from the only person that loved me in a world that doesn't."

Eunbi's tears dropped as she cupped Chaeyeon'a face. The vibrant eyes she used to see were already empty.

"Eunbi..." Chaeyeon spoke as she held her hand away. "...I don't have the love to want it back anymore. Toasing away the love we once had became my marriage."

"Then get a divorce." Eunbi spoke as she held Chaeyeon close. "Feel again, Chaeyeon...with me."

"Eunbi, it's not going to be that simple. You know that."

"Can't we try?" Eunbi asked. "I love you and I want a reconnection."

Chaeyeon looked back, even more confused and still the untouchable candle. A lot has happened she she couldn't jist open her heart again.

But it was that lingering feeling that kept her believing that even if their love was disrupted by the circumstances of life.

"Eunbi, the day I die is the only day I'll stop loving you," she replied.

They looked at each other with hopeful feelings, like two Suns getting excited to rise foe a new day. They were careful listening at this understanding sudden meetup, which would have piano music playing in the background and them learning to the beat.

Chaeyeon regarded Eunbi's words and cupped her face. Eunbi felt those hands.

"I feel the same way!" She revealed with a delighted grin.

They looked flushed, their faces blushing like a miniature, melted match.

"Come in." Chaeyeon spoke as Eunbi came inside for a nice start of another chance of loving each other.

The place was still the same since Eunbi but its ambiance got sadder. She and Chaeyeon sat at the dining hall, chugging down glasses of yoghurt drink like how retards drank peptobismal. 

"How did it even come to this point, Eunbi?" Chaeyeon asked first. "Why did you have Sae and Sian before I got to the picture?"

"The twists of love," said Eunbi. "I think I was desparate. I'm not a lovable person. Who in the world would like me?"

"Aish...you're starting to make me soft." Chaeyeon clicked her tongue as she drank again.

"I never understood love, Chae. Sae and Sian were experiences that never worked out. But us..." Eunbi pointed out. "...we were more than that."

"And yet we broke up." Chaeyeon spoke. "You could've understood that I really loved you, Eunbi. It wasn't a trial of love. It was a pure emotions that you ignored wherein it was right under your nose." She drank. "I can't believe you took my belief in that."

"But you always had it, Chae. You said that you'll only love me during your life and if you died - we died - you wouldn't feel that anymore."

"I know..." Chaeyeon spoke as she held her hand. "...but can I be assured of that again?"

Eunbi nodded and Chaeyeon revived the feeling of being loved. It gave her closure and another chance to genuinely feel it.

As far as the feeling remembers, it's like a deep obseasion that affects your everyday life and makes you do ceazy things that you never imagine, that even if you throw it away, you still want to go and fish it out again.

Love...is for the weary-hearted that are willing in learning the beat.