091

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For all its grandeur, the library was utterly useless. A hopeless case. A lost cause. All six floors stacked floor to ceiling with books from the most obscure places and turning the most obtuse things into written form, there was nothing. 


The assistant had searched the archives once she asked, and even the pass she had acquired from Daesung that allowed her to read but not remove from the premises books usually only available to higher yeared students had resulted in no more than three books for all the millions there seemed to be. And those three were useless for nothing more than the basics already known to everyone in attendance, the written speel nothing short of what born and raised Summoners would have been taught from diapers.
 

Two months of hunting, even going as far as to ask Seunghyun for help in a round-about way and nothing. Dread had long since set into my bones by the time I finished the only book Seunghyun had managed to get a hold of outside of Nocte's obsolete library, no more than two sentences staining the pages of my notebook. 


When a Warrior falls so does their star; in theory, Sehun being a Zodiac, presumably Gemini, his constellation should have fallen with him - Gemini remains
 

Blood is the lifeline connecting Warriors to the mortal plain, hence pain when Summoner dies and blood bonding as well as sense as to injuries and emotions as bonding provides the blood of a Summoner for Warrior to bind with
 

Sighing, I turn the page over, discontent with the lack of helpful information gathered over my research period. The page is that of Suho's, everything I know of him and his abilities jotted down in black ink, small illustrations bringing two or three less clear sentences into the picture. 
 

Our late-night heart-to-heart-history-lesson had brought about the reappearance of a familiar leather-bound book, Suho's page available to my eyes now that he had accepted me, although the explanation Tao gave wasn't clear I assume it's because he accepted me as his Summoner although honestly, I'm not certain.
 

Suho 
Desailer
Water specialty Warrior
Opposed by Earth
Control     10/10
Strength    9/10
Combat     9/10
Note: Suho has perfect control over is affinity, there is potential for control over not only water but overall liquid including that of blood, nitrogen, and so forth.

 

This hadn't surprised me. He joined our training sessions, played, and helped his brothers learn control, explore different strategies and new moves, but after seeing him in action even if only in a play fight, it was clear his control is impeccable.

 

As such, our defense and offense have both strengthened exponentially since his acceptance of me. He can do everything Xiumin can and more with little strain and more ease than the elder Warrior, while the fact in itself is an anomaly in the grand scheme of things, it is a welcome one.

 

Unfortunately, Jaebum had become collateral to my desperate search, the idea of training I had agreed to present to my Warriors fell to the bottom of my list of concerns and was lost among the chaos of my hunt. While never having a physical session together, I had gathered tips from all my Warriors from basic control exercises to more general conditioning, and given the list to Jaebum, telling him to get them ready with the basics before we had a session. A cover to keep him from inserting himself into matters I want to keep on the lowest of down-lows but a good cover none the less.

 

As if reading my mind, which I wouldn't put past him, Luhan sends an attacking Kris spiraling towards my window, the latter righting himself on the balcony before diving down to lay into the telepath, no doubt intent on breaking his three-day winning streak as the betting pool deemed him the most likely to do so.

 

Drumming my nails on the desk I push the loose wisps of my hair away from my face and sigh heavily again, my attempts at staring the worn pages into giving useful information about as successful as my attempts at ballet. At this point, there is nothing more I can do short of finding a knowledgeable Warrior and interrogating the out of them, something that I doubt I'd have the guts to do even if such a person existed. 

 

As if tempting me Kris is thrown upwards by Luhan again, the speed of his landing and departure from my balcony billowing the curtains and throwing a few loose papers to the floor, a shimmering gold envelope falling not far from the pile of books stacked by my side. 

 

"The Council of Five would have knowledge," a small voice whispers, the same voice that cusses at me from its dark corner, "but at what cost?" I whisper to myself, the only one insane enough to hear such temptations from a slip of paper. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter