Chapter 98

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes blinked opened to a very alive Davina sitting on a chair in front of me, with her hands and legs tied. “Davz!!!”, I beamed with surprise, “Oh my gosh… You’re alive!!! You're alive", tears of relief flooded my eyes. There was not a single scratch on her body. Did Jinyoung lie about hurting her? Davina on the other hand did not reciprocate my absolute elation. “Did he hurt you?”, I asked, but she remained silent, not meeting my eyes. Did he torture her after all? She seemed so broken.

"You knew my boyfriend was an angel?", she finally said; softly. Oh no. This was it; this was my vision. I had to find some way of changing the end of it. "Both of them. You knew about both of them and you said nothing! I thought you were my friend Tris", she blurted out. "I am your friend... I was just trying to protect you”, I started untying her knots, “and their exposure". "No you lied to me and now because of you”, before she could complete the sentence, the door to our room opened and Jinyoung flung Taehyun across the floor until he landed next to me.

Davina started screaming, “Nooooooo... What have you done to him???”. “Tae, Tae, can you hear me?”, I felt for a pulse again and it seemed to be stronger than the last time. “Oh would the two of you shut up”, Jinyoung slammed the door closed, “He’s alive”. “Where is my brother?”, I yelled. Jinyoung annoyance turned into an evil grin. “What are you going to do to them?”, a tear rolled down my cheeks.

“Would you stop being so dramatic? You found them in time, so they are free to leave; just not yet. By the way; what you did to Jisung wasn’t very nice. Poor guy had to leave just so he could heal. Unfortunately, my friend over here isn’t going to have that privilege”, he gestured to Taehyun. Taehyun seemed to have stopped bleeding as profusely as before, but he still looked too pale. I had to find a way to get him out of here. “Tae”, I spoke softly, and his body shuddered in response. That was a good sign.

“Taehyun”, Davina cried out, “Wake up… please wake up… please don't leave me”.  Somehow Davina’s pleading seemed to work, because Taehyun’s eyes started moving, until they finally opened. “Ahh it’s about time”, Jinyoung said, “Those damn fools almost killed you. I am so glad you are alive to see this”. Jinyoung grabbed Taehyun’s shirt and dragged him up, “You will not die until I kill you”. He let go of Taehyun, who had managed to hold himself up on his own.

Jinyoung pulled out a small dagger, “I told you… I was going to stab her for every minute you hadn’t saved her”, Davina’s eyes grew panicked by his words, “But I thought it would be more fun to have you watch”. “No”, I shielded her with my own body. “Please”, Taehyun coughed up blood as he spoke, “Don’t hu- hurt her… just kill m- me”. “Oh I will... once I am done with her”, he walked towards me and Davina, but Taehyun lunged forward. Unfortunately, it was much too easy for Jinyoung to simply brush him away. He didn’t give up though and soon enough, the two had begun their own brawl.

I turned my focus back to untying Davina. “He has your brother?”, she asked worriedly. I nodded. “I’m sorry Tris, I didn’t mean to say those things”. “I know”, I said, “It’s going to be o-”. I was pulled away before I could make any progress on her knots. It was Jinyoung who had grabbed my hair and dragged me back. I managed to get a grip on his hand and dug my nails into him until he let go. “You are awfully brave tonight little Triphilim”. I crawled backwards, away from him.

In this time, Taehyun had tackled him again. I went back to Davina and finally managed to untie one of her hands from the arm rest of the chair. She used this hand to work on her other hand while I moved to the knots around her legs. Taehyun groaned out loudly as Jinyoung threw him against the wall. “Hurry”, Davina urged, “We have to help him”. I looked over at Taehyun, who was now unconscious again. “I’m just going to have to deal with you first”, Jinyoung said heading back towards me.

“Tris… run”, Davina instructed, “Run!”. After a slight hesitation, I ran further into the room. This room, like so many others I had seen tonight was dark and lined with rows of high shelves. I ran as far as I could before finding a hiding place; between two shelves. I covered my mouth with my hand; so my heavy breathing could not be heard. I knew I couldn’t hide in here forever. I was all out of weapons and strength.

“Ohhh Tris”, Jinyoung sung out as he got closer to me. Luckily he didn’t have any special angel sight or senses in this place either. “The fast you surrender, the faster we leave this place and most importantly… the faster your brother is released”, he said. That was exactly what I wanted, but how could I trust anything he said anymore. I knew that once he caught me, he was going to kill Davina and Taehyun. Daehwi and Guanlin might be captured, but at least they were safe... for now. I had to stall Jinyoung long enough for Davina to untie the rest of her knots and help Taehyun.

“Don’t you want to save your brother Tris”, Jinyoung asked, “You can save them all; even Davina. Let’s not waste time with these games”. On one of the shelves, were what appeared to be empty glass bottles. I reached for a bottle and slowly moved between the aisles whenever I heard his footsteps get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter