Chapter 59

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I could even react, Daniel grabbed my hand and led me out of the dorm into the hallway. "I am so sorry. I had no idea you were in my room", his expression had turned from anger to hurt when he heard that, "Oh gosh… no… no… that is not what I meant at all", I clarified. "Why was he in your room Tris?", Daniel had never spoken to me in such an angry tone before, "I finished work early today so I thought I would surprise you. Then I saw your message that you went to the lake with Seong. So I decided I would just wait here for you. I mean how long could you really be out with him at this part of the night anyway right? But clearly you could be out for hours and then as if that wasn't enough, still bring him home with you".

"Wait... What are you trying to say Daniel?", Now I was starting to get angry as well. Was he really insinuating that I brought Seongwoo home for another reason? "What was he doing in your room Tris?". "Well contrary to what you may think”, I let out a heavy sigh, “The only reason Ong is even here is because of angel business", I knew I needed to remain calm. My fight with Daniel could be had at any time but tonight Davina came first. "Jinyoung has been dating Davina for a while now, after she broke up with Taehyun. I don't know what his plan is with her, but he knows that she's my friend", I lowered my voice so that she wouldn’t overhear us.

"I brought her home with me because I didn't know what else to do. Ong went into my room so that he could be away from her, to let the covens know what was happening without having to leave us alone”. "Davina's here?", Daniel now seemed surprised. "You hastily dragged me passed her, so you might have missed her", I blurted out. "I'm sorry... I didn't know... did I hurt you?", I pulled away when Daniel tried to reach for my hand. "Tris I'm sorry... I fell asleep waiting for you and I heard the door opening. I expected to see you when I opened my eyes; not… him. I didn't have time to process any of it. It took everything in me not to pull you out of there instead of starting a fight with him. You can't blame me for being upset", his voice was calmer now. "Off course I don't blame you for being upset about seeing him. I am sure you would be just as upset no matter where you saw him, let alone my... let alone there. But the fact that you assumed the worst reason for him being in there means you don't trust me". 

Daniel’s face turned to worry, "I do trust you... ", he reached for my hand again, "I trust you more than you could ever know". "So then what did you think Ong was doing in my room?", my voice got higher again. "Tris my issues with Seong are my own thing. And all this time he spends with you just augments the effect they have on me. It's not distrust, it's more... envy of the fact that you guys are so close". "But you are my boyfriend Daniel", I emphasised, "I spend more time with you than anyone else, even my own roommates who I live with", I coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter