Chapter 35 - Daniel's Story - Part 1 - The Brotherhood of the Coven

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/////// The story that Daniel told Tris at the end of Chapter 33 will be shown through these short flashback scenes ///////

.......................................................................................................................................

♥ Five Little Angels ♥

Taewoong: What happens to angels when they die?

Jisung: They go to heaven

Jinwoo: That can’t be true

Jaehan: Why not?

Daniel: Because we would have seen all of our parents if it was

Jisung: Maybe they are just in another realm

Jaehan: Maybe when we become guardian angels, we will be able to enter that realm

Taewoong: Do you think we will be in the same coven when we are guardian angels?

Daniel: I hope so

Jinwoo: Maybe by the time we grow up, the rules will change

Jaehan: And there will just be five angels in a coven

Jisung: That would be perfect

Daniel: It doesn’t matter if our coven has five or seven angels; as long as we are together, it will be complete…

♥ Daniel and Jisung ♥

Jisung: Are you nervous about tommorow?

Daniel: I'm not nervous; I have been waiting for this day for as long as I can remember. I am just worried.

Jisung: That the 5 of us won't be together?

Daniel: Yeah, what if we aren't in the same coven?

Jisung: Even if we aren't; it's not going to change our relationship.

Daniel: Yes it is, your coven becomes your true brothers.

Jisung: That doesn't mean you lose your current brothers.

Daniel: Since my parents died; the four of you are all I have... I don't want to lose another family.

Jisung: You won't. No matter what happens tomorrow; Jae, Tae, Jin, you and I will always be a family.

Daniel: I know... I just hope we can be a coven as well.

Jisung: Yeah, me too...

♥ Coven Ceremony ♥

Archangel: I will now announce the Brotherhood of Coven #73. When your name is called, step forth and place your hand on the Sword of Horiel.

Archangel: Choi Taewoong

Taewoong walked forward and placed his hand on the sword. Six more spots were available for the other four to fill. This was the coven they needed to be in.

Archangel: Ong Seongwoo

Seongwoo had been another angel that had lost his parents during The Fallen’s attack. He was one of those angels that were already gifted; he had the gift of humour. Daniel never understood how Seongwoo had always been so happy all the time; until he found him crying one day. Daniel sat with Seongwoo and they cried together without saying anything to each other. That was when Daniel had realized that Seongwoo was actually hurting and the laughter was just a cover.

Archangel: Yoon Jisung

Two of his brothers were in a coven together. He needed to be with them. There were only four spots left...

Archangel: Joo Jinwoo

This was it. It was really happening. Three down, two to go. The Archangel had started to announce the next name on the list. Daniel had only heard the first part of the name before the excitement hit him. All four of his brothers were going to be in the same coven. But he was wrong. It wasn’t Jaehan that was called, but an angel named Kim Jaehwan; who was another friend of the boys. There were only two spots left. Daniel needed those last two spots to be filled by him and Jaehan... 

Archangel: Kim Jaehan

Daniel looked over at his four brothers who had placed their hands on the Sword of Horiel; ready to say their vows. He hoped this reversed alphabetical order of names was going to skip 5 alphabets and land on D. He needed his name to be called. He needed to be in this coven. 

Archangel: Kang Daniel

Daniel was so desperate for his name to be called that he wasn't sure if he had imagined the Archangel saying it. Daniel look around confused, until the archangel repeated his name. Daniel walked over to the rest of the coven and placed his hand on the sword. 

Archangel: You will now recite your oath

Coven #73: We, the Brotherhood of  this Coven, swear an oath to the following:

We will protect our Nephilim We will always abide by the laws of the archangels We will never break any rules We will be good to our brothers We will be worthy of our title and our coven And we will sacrifice our lives for the good of all angels

Daniel looked at his new coven and in that moment felt complete. All his worries had fallen away and he was finally ready to be a guardian angel...

♥ Brotherhood ♥

Seongwoo: Danny...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter