Chapter 57

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is that look for?”, Seongwoo asked. I really didn’t even know what expression I currently wore on my face. After what Sejeong had told me, I wasn’t sure what I was feeling. Happiness wasn’t a good enough word. I needed a stronger feeling to describe the amount of appreciation I felt towards him. Seongwoo built me a telescope. He built me a telescope. Me! No... ‘me’ wasn’t the main part of that. BUILT!!! He built me a telescope. “Thank you”, I didn’t think I could say that enough. “You are welcome”, he smiled back, “So did you find anything in your book that you want to look for?”. I hadn’t even gotten the chance to go through the book. I was too busy gathering information from the book of Sejeong instead. “I think I need more time with this”, I wrapped my arms around the book, pulling it closer to me.

“Okay, well it’s almost time for the shower, we should get settled in”, Seongwoo reached into his backpack again and pulled out a blanket and laid it on the ground. A wave of nervousness passed over me and it was like he could read my mind again, “Don’t worry; this is for you and Sej”, he said. “Right”, I exhaled, louder than I should have. “I wouldn’t want to give Daniel another reason to hate me”, he winked and for a moment he was the old flirty Seongwoo again. It felt like a lifetime ago since we reached for that muffin. He was no longer hot Ong, well he was still hot, but he was a different Ong now. He was my guardian angel, but more than that, he had become someone who I couldn’t imagine not having in my life. Having an entire group of fallen angels after me was terrifying, but if it was the only way to know Daniel and Seongwoo, I would choose it all over again.

I laid down on the blanket, next to Sejeong, and looked up to the starry sky. “You know, I heard that earthlings are fascinated by heaven”, she said, “It makes no sense to me... earth is more beautiful”. “Well, I guess it’s more hope than fascination”, I explained, “Hope that when we die, we go to a better place, a nicer place”. “Well it is better than hell for sure”, she said, “But as an angel, I can confidently say nothing gets better than this life”. “Don’t let the humans know”, I joked. “Oh oh oh, is that it?”, Sejeong’s face lit up, "Wow... that is the most amazing  thing I have ever seen". I looked for Seongwoo to see the expression on his face but he was nowhere in sight. Neither was Jaehwan. Were they really missing the whole reason we came out here? "Tris, the meteors are in the sky, what are you even looking at?", Sejeong asked. "Ong and Jaehwan aren't here", I said. "I am sure they are around here somewhere", she was too fascinated by the sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter