Chapter 30

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tris”, Seongwoo said, trying to get my attention. I had zoned out the moment he said my death was going to give all fallen angels free access to Heaven. “Tris”, he said again, “That’s not going to happen… We are going to protect you”. “What if you can’t?”, I asked. “I can and I will”, Seongwoo said. “Ong, look at where we are”, I said. “You couldn’t even protect me or yourself from getting taken… how are you going to protect me from getting killed?”, I asked. “Okay, so maybe making promises while tied to this chair isn’t very reassuring”, Seongwoo said, “But I promise I will never let that happen”.

“Have the Fallen come after me before?”, I asked. “Yes”, Seongwoo said, “When you were 13...”. “The night my parents were murdered”, I said and Seongwoo sympathetically nodded. “My parents died because of me”, I said, woefully. “You can’t think that way Tris”, Seongwoo said. “They were murdered because of me”, I said. "Tris, you can't blame yourself for their actions. Trust me, it doesn't end well", he said.

“Why wasn’t anyone there to protect my mother?”, I asked, “Don’t all Nephilim have guardian angels?”. “They killed your mother’s guardian angel that night as well”, Seongwoo said. “Was my mother’s guardian angel… my father?”, I asked. "You mother's first guardian angel was your father", Seongwoo said. "First?", I asked, "How many did she have?". "She had two", Seongwoo said, "Your father, Shin, and the one that took over after him". "So the second one was killed?", I asked. "Yes", Seongwoo said. "What happened to my father?", I asked. 

"Angels were forbidden from being with Nephilim; to prevent the birth of more Triphilim", Seongwoo said. "But, while your father was protecting your mother; he fell in love with her and she fell in love with him too". "That's actually romantic", I said, happy that I was still the product of love. "After some time... you were conceived... and your father was banished for his sin”. "My father was banished because of me", I said, "I could easily win the worst child ever award; with all the banishments and murders I have caused". "He knew what he was doing Tris", Seongwoo said, "None of it is your fault". 

"Oh my god, Daehwi", I said, distraught, "Daehwi is a Nephilim". "Daehwi has a guardian angel", Seongwoo said, "He is safe". "What if they use him to get to me?", I asked. "That's what his guardian angel is for", he said. "What if he's not enough?", I asked. "He is", /Seongwoo said. “If fallen angels need a Triphilim to open the gateway, why don’t they just create their own with Nephilim?”, I asked. “Well... I guess some fallen angels are incapable of killing their own kids, while others have tried it bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter