Chapter 101

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is the safe house; not the dorm?”, I asked, confused. “They already know the location of the dorm”, Daniel reminded me. My mind couldn’t think clearly right now. It was still reeling after what I had just witnessed. Seongwoo had taken Jinyoung’s body away and Daniel and I had come to the rendezvous point. We entered the house to a welcoming sight; Daehwi, Taehyun and Davina. She rushed over and hugged me. “Are you guys okay?”, I asked. “Yes, thanks to you”, Taehyun smiled. “How bad is it?”, he asked Daniel. “They have things under control”, he responded. “And…”, Taehyun paused. “He’s dead”, Daniel said. “Really?”, Davina asked. "How?", Taehyun asked. Daniel and I looked at each other, unsure of what to say. 

“Y- you killed him... didn't you?”, she asked softly. Daniel’s head fell as he nodded. “Thank you Daniel”, she hugged him in delight, “Thank you”. He was surprised by her reaction. Suddenly, we all jumped by the sound at the door, but it was just Seongwoo. I wanted to run to him, but I didn’t have the energy so we both slowly walked towards each other. I wrapped my arms around him, as tears fell onto his dirt and blood stained shirt. “Come on… you didn’t think you were going to get rid of me that easily… did you?”, he teased. It was the first time since he had woken up that we were able to have this moment.

“I didn’t know what they had done to you in there”, I sobbed as our hug broke off, “You disappeared and I couldn’t find you and… I just… I can’t lose you”. “You aren’t going to lose me”, he assured, looking behind me, “I would pull you back into these arms… but”. I turned around to find Daniel watching us. “Let’s not stress Danny out any more tonight”. He smiled and went over to Sejeong, who began lecturing him. After making sure that Daehwi was fed and went to bed, Daniel and I disappeared from the group again; for some alone time.

“How are you feeling?”, he asked. “Surprisingly… good”, I bit my lip, unsure of how to proceed with my own questions, “How are you doing; after what happened?”. “To be honest Tris, I’m more worried about how you are doing with that”, he said sadly, “I never wanted you to see me as a monster”. “I could never”, I wished I could make him understand my feelings, “You saved our lives Daniel. I don’t care how this makes me sound, but I’m happy that he’s dead”. “He was not going to stop until they got you”, Daniel said bitterly, “I couldn’t let that happen. I couldn’t let him touch you again”. I rested my head against him and we sat in silence, while I built up the courage to ask him what I wanted to the whole way over here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter