Chapter 97

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I headed to the opposite side of the warehouse; where Davina was being held. At least 4 doors were open, but each room had a blood trail leading to the next. Whose blood was this? I knew I needed to move along, before Jisung came after me. I ran as fast as I could, which wasn’t fast at all. Where were the rest of The Fallen or at least the rest of the group that attacked last night? Was it just Jisung and Jinyoung who were here tonight? What about the imposters who pretended to be Daniel and me? Where were my friends and my brother? I followed the blood trail all the way to a fifth room, where my heart stopped. Even in the darkness, it wasn’t hard to see the gruesome sight before my eyes.

Taehyun was lying unconscious; his entire body covered in blood. There were countless stab wounds and cuts and he looked as pale as death. My hand trembled as I tried to locate a pulse; finally managing to find a very slight one. He was alive; for now. After failing to wake him up, I failed to pick him up as well. Even if I wasn’t weakened by the IPU, Taehyun was a strong guy; it wasn’t going to be easy to carry his weight. I had no choice but to go on without him. I opened my boots and took out the belt that I used for my holster. I removed my jacket, placed it on the deepest wound on his abdomen, and tightened the belt around it. I hoped this was going to subside the bleeding until we could get more help for him.

The Fallen’s lairs blocked all forms of angelic power, so he would not be able to heal until he got out of here. There was nothing more I could do for him right now. I was trying to move as fast as I could, but it didn’t seem like Jisung was chasing after me. Had I really injured him that badly? “I’ll be back for you Tae”, I said, hoping he could hear me. I grabbed his keys and unwillingly left the room. It made sense now why his mission was so much simpler than us. They didn’t need to poison him with IPU because they were going to hurt him instead. My reasons for wanting revenge on The Fallen were growing exponentially. It’s bad enough that they had put my friends’ lives in danger, but they still had my baby brother as their captive.

Further into my search, I heard faint chattering. I carefully made my way closer to room it was originating from. There seemed to be a small gathering of The Fallen inside. This was probably the same guys who caused the scene at the Halloween party last night. I listened in on the conversations, hoping I could get some sort of information about everyone’s whereabouts.   

The Fallen Member #1: “You better hope he survives for Jin to finish him off”.

The Fallen Member #2: “I couldn’t help myself… It felt so good every time that blade went in and out of him”.

The Fallen Member #1: “Jin gave us orders. We could do whatever we wanted once he entered our rooms; except kill him”.

The Fallen Member #2:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter