Chapter 86

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you remember the last time we were at a party this noisy?”, Daniel asked, as we entered the main hall on WOU. He had to speak so close to my ear that I could feel his lips against me. Off course I remembered. It was the first time Daniel ever made it known that he might actually have some attraction towards me. It still seemed surreal at times. I didn’t think I was ever going to understand why he grew interested in me. Was it just because we had been thrown together at the bookstore? What would have happened if he didn’t overhear that phone call with Jihyo and hadn't applied for the job? Our paths probably wouldn’t have crossed. I would have just been some girl he didn’t even give a first look towards.

“What’s on your mind?”, he asked. I shook my head. Daniel didn’t like when I brought up this subject. Sometimes when we were together, I would randomly ask, ‘What exactly was it about me that you drew you in?’. He would give some generic answer and then change the topic. I knew I should have just been happy that he loved me, but there was always a part of me nagging for a better reasoning behind it. I normally just brushed it off as my low self esteem. It was hard enough when I thought that he had been drawn to me just because he was supposed to be my guardian angel; but even Seongwoo and Sejeong made it clear to me that there was no such thing.  

“Let’s find the girls”, I yelled. Daniel searched the room. The hall was huge; it could hold every single student at WOU. People had already passed out from drinking too much. It was going to be impossible to find them in this massive crowd. Daniel pulled out a phone from his pocket, realised it was mine and searched the other pocket for his own. Who needed a handbag when you had your boyfriend's pockets? The only thing I hadn't asked Daniel to store for me was my dagger, which was tightly secured around my leg. I could barely hear what he was saying to the person he had just called, but he hung up and led me through the dance floor, to the other side of the room.

In the corner, dancing up against each other were Ash and Sungwoon, who waved a hello our way. He turned to show off his wings and then pointed back and forth to mine and his own, grinning cheek to cheek. I didn’t think he was actually going to show up shirtless. The wings looked good on him. His face was the kind that would have passed for a real angel. That should have been a simile; as handsome as an angel. Jaehwan’s coven was also made up of good-looking people, even Sejeong was gorgeous. I wondered what the rest of Guanlin’s coven looked like, although I was sure they were just as pretty as he was. If female angels weren't stuck in heaven, would us earthling girls even get any guys?

Davina was dressed as catwoman; clearly she had gotten the superhero memo. And obviously she wasn’t joking about making Taehyun see just what he was missing out on; the girl looked amazing in her leather body suit. The thing was, she didn't need to do any of that. Taehyun already knew what he had lost and regretted it ever since. The only reason he broke up with her was because Seongwoo had been taken and the coven's fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter