Chapter 87

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you okay?", Davina asked when I regained consciousness. We were in the hallway just outside the room where the party was happening. Ash, Lala and Sungwoon had also gathered, along with Sejeong and Taehyun. "I think so. What happened?", I asked. "You fainted", Daniel was dejected, "Are you sure you're okay?". The truth was I wasn't feeling okay at all. The pain from my heart was gone, but I knew Daniel was going to take me home if I showed any signs of illness. I waited for this party too long to just have it end so abruptly. "I'm fine", I lied. Daniel gave me a look of uncertainty. "I'll let you know if there’s something really wrong, please can we just go back inside", I pleaded.

"We should get some liquids inside you first", Lala said. "I'll get it", Davina and Taehyun gave each other awkward looks after speaking simultaneously. "Why don't you both go?", Sungwoon said, "I'm sure everyone here could do with some refreshments". Taehyun looked like he wanted to kill Sungwoon, but thank him at the same time. "We will be right back", Davina said, going off with Taehyun. Daniel gave me his worried puppy boyfriend look. "I'm okay", I smiled weakly, "You worry too much". He held my hand, placing his lips against it, "Well do you blame me".

"Okayyy clearly our services are no longer required here... let's give them some privacy", Ash said, leading Lala and Sungwoon back into the room. "But what about our drinks?", he squealed, his voice fading as they disappeared into the room of loud music. Sejeong had stayed behind. “Do you need to be healed?”, she asked. “What?”, I said, baffled, “No… really I am fine”. “Thanks Sej”, Daniel said. Sejeong nodded and left. "Is there anything you need to tell me?", he asked. "Yes", I made a serious face, "I love you". I started giggling. "O thou is still as frustrating as ever", Daniel blew a strand of hair away from his eyes, "I love you too". He leaned in to kiss me but was interrupted.

"Where did everyone go?", Taehyun asked. Davina handed me a bottle of water. Daniel seemed to be ignoring Taehyun's question. "They went back in", I said, after guzzling some water down, "Thank you for this". Taehyun looked more uncomfortable than before, his chewbacca mask was in his hands and he seemed to be dying in his hairy suit. From what I could tell, angels never felt hot or cold; still he looked like the heat from the costume was exhausting him. "Well I'm glad you are okay Tris", he kind of gave Davina a look that said I’m sorry and then went back inside. She sighed in anger once he was gone, "Why do boys play the victims when they are the ones who caused the rift between the two of you in the first place?". Daniel's body jerked from surprise, "Uhm...", he hesitated, "I'm just going to wait for you inside babe".

"Did something happen?", I asked. "Do you know what he said to me? The audacity of that boy is u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter