Chapter 93

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s my fault”, Taehyun said, “I should have never let her out of my sight. I should have never chased after them”. “You couldn’t have known”, Sanggyun said, “We were so busy trying to keep Tris safe, that we forgot about our human duty”. “This cannot be our only plan”, Sewoon insisted. The covens and I had gathered at their dorm. I had not been able to say or do much since I found out that Daehwi was taken. I had left Daniel at the hospital with Woojin. “Daehwi and Guanlin have been taken”, I told him, “Ong’s coming to get me. We are going to go to the dorm and wait there until they can locate them. He thinks I’ll be safer there, where they can protect me”. I tried to hold my tears in when I relayed the story to Daniel, but the most precious part of my life was in the hands of the people trying to kill me; the people who kill Nephilim as well. “I’ll come with you”, he said, “I’m not going to let you go through this alone". Daniel had paused, as if fighting an internal conflict, "They kidnapped them to get to you Tris, what if you are the ransom”. Oh my smart, smart Daniel. It was a good thing he was too distracted to realize just how on point he was.

“We will cross that bridge when we get there”, I said. “You are never crossing that bridge”, Daniel stated, “I’m coming with you”. “Please, stay with Woojin. We each have our own brothers to worry about right now and I will feel better knowing that he has you here with him”, I urged. Daniel pulled me into him and I didn't want him to let me go. Because once he let go, I didn't know when I was going to see him again; if I was going to see him again. After much argument, I had finally convinced him to stay. Little did he know, his prediction had already come true; I was going to cross that very dangerous bridge tonight. I hated lying to him. I hated the conflicted emotion he wore on his face, having to choose between me and Woojin. But it was better this way. He was safer this way. Seongwoo had arrived, but Daniel still didn't want to let me go. "Always Seong?", Daniel asked. I looked back and forth at them, confused. "Always Danny", Seongwoo responded. I didn't know what they were talking about, but I just appreciated the sweetest moment I had ever witnessed between my Ongniel. 

The day had become so overwhelming so soon. Taehee and Jihoon were hysterical and got the police involved. I didn’t stop them, but I also didn’t tell them the truth. All I did say was that I was going to go and look for him on my own. Taehee didn’t like this idea and wanted me to come home, but I couldn’t. This was the only way to save Daehwi and Guanlin. She still did not understand how, it wasn’t Daniel and I, that picked them up. I didn’t have much to say to her about that either; because I was just as baffled. Sejeong had eventually explained it to me, “It’s called the gift of transformation. It’s very rare among angels. If there are members of The Fallen who possess this quality, it was probably the reason they fell. Transformation is strictly forbidden if you’re a guardian angel”. It was bad enough when Davina was taken and Woojin was sick, but now my baby brother was their captive. What were they doing to him and Guanlin? I tried to keep horrible images out of my mind.

I was staring blankly out a window while the covens were having a discussion. “No”, Kenta said, “We need another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter