Chapter 53

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is a s’more”, Daniel asked, a bit too loudly. “Boy, where did you come from, that there were no s’mores?”, Lala was surprised, “Just wait until you try it”. We were all sitting around the bonfire, snuggled up with blankets. Apart from my tiny breakdown, due to Somi, it really had been an amazing day. I was happy that I finally met Minhyun and got to know him and Sungwoon better. Daniel even looked like he had made new friends. It was the first guys he had interacted with since his coven and the fall.

Daniel was holding his s’more over the fire, when it had melted a bit too much and fell into the flame. “NOO”, I yelled, as I he put his hand inside to reach for it. He pulled back, startled by my scream. I hadn’t meant to draw any attention to him, but it was too late. Everyone was staring, worried. Daniel didn't react as if he was hurt in anyway, so that had calmed down everyone’s worry. “There’s plenty more”, Ash said, “You don’t have to burn your hand trying to reach for that one”. Daniel gave an awkward smile.

Luckily no one had seen just how far into the flame Daniel’s hand had been. I bent down next to him and watched as the burnt skin rapidly healed right before my eyes. Daniel looked around to make sure no one else had seen, but the other couples were too busy with each other to notice the phenomenon that had just occurred. It had been the first time I had seen Daniel heal. It had been the first time that I had seen anyone heal.

“Sorry”, he whispered, “I didn’t realize I had lost my resistance to fire”. “It’s okay”, I gently rubbed my fingers over the spot that had just burned, “Does it hurt?”. Daniel shook his head, with his eyes on the fire. I could see that he was upset about what had just happened. “You want to go for a walk?”, I knew that he needed some alone time, away from everyone else. Daniel didn’t say anything but nodded after a while.

We had walked along the shore and he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter