Chapter 48

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you okay?", Daniel asked. "I'm never going to be okay again", I cried out. "I'm sorry", Daniel's face looked helpless, "I wish I could have saved her". "So why didn't you?", I yelled out, "Why didn't you save her?". "Tris, I did everything I could", he said. "No you didn't... if you had she would be alive, but it's too late now, it's too late... I have lost her"...

~~~~~~~

"Tris, Tris, are you okay?", Seongwoo asked, waking me up. "Ong", I mumbled, "What are you doing here?". "You sounded distressed, so I came in to check on you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have entered without your permission", he said. I didn't remember falling asleep. I didn't remember Daniel leaving. I didn't remember getting tucked into bed. "Did you have a bad dream?", he asked. "I don't know anymore. How do I tell the difference between a dream and a vision like the one I had about you?", I was hoping it was just a bad dream. Who was I talking about in my dream? Who was the 'her' that Daniel didn't save? Who was the 'her' that I had lost? 

"I don't know if you are ever going to be able to tell them apart. Vision is a rare gift in Triphilim. Angels do not sleep, so any angel with this gift, knows exactly what it is. But since you dream as well, it will be hard to differentiate", Seongwoo explained, "What was the dream about?". "Someone died, and I blamed Daniel for not saving her and the way I felt, that feeling of depression and pain; it felt so real. I can still feel it now, even though I am awake. Wait, I am awake right", I was still confused as to why Seongwoo was in my room, sitting at my bedside. 

"You are", he looked guilty, "I am sorry, are you mad that I'm here?". I shook my head, "I know you stay near me for my own protection Ong, I could never be upset at you for that. But how exactly did you get in here, and how did you hear me having a bad dream?". "Well... every night, I kind of hang around on your balcony", he said, "Not when Daniel is around though. Once I feel the block disappear, I know that you are alone; so I guess I kind of take over from his shift. I just... I don't ever want to leave you alone again. The guys are on watch all around the building, incase The Fallen do show up, but I wanted to be closer to you". I suddenly felt self conscious. "Don't worry... I don't look inside your room or anything creepy like that. I just chill on the balcony, waiting to break through that window if anything should go wrong. It was unlocked tonight though, you should really make sure that is closed".

"Does it matter?", Seongwoo looked at me confused, "Whether that window is locked or wide open, it's not like anyone is going to get passed you right". "Right", he smiled. "But, what if", I started to say. "No one is going to see me", he said before I could finish, "I have been really careful. Most people aren't outside this late anyway". "So what exactly do you do, out there, on the balcony?", I asked. "Nothing much, the guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter