Chapter 83

Damned Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

******* Some images to help with the visualisation of Daniel's and Tris' Halloween costumes*******

 

~~~~~~~

By the time I got out of the shower, Seongwoo was gone, and Sejeong was in my room. She had explained that he had gone back up to heaven to let the Archangels know about JR and she was going to stay with me until Daniel picked me up. “I knew there was something off about that group from the first moment I saw them”, she said, “It's partly my fault. I had noticed the strange way all you behaved around them. I should have been more weary. But you said you knew all the angels up there… how come you didn’t recognize these ones?”, I asked. “Well it’s a bit more complicated than that”, Sejeong started to explain, “I knew all the angels in my own realm. I may be in coven 96, but that doesn’t mean there are only 96 covens of angels. Remember each time a coven loses a member; they are each put into new covens".

"Guys like Taehyun have been in 3 covens so far; leading to a countless number of covens being formed. Once we reach the angel age of thirty five, our official lessons begin. We are placed into different realms with angels from our generation. Think of it as different universities. You are going to spend four years with the people of Wanna One University and you may not know all of them, but you will see many of their faces eventually. Angels have centuries and some who are lucky enough; millennia. So in all that time, we learn the faces of every angel in our own realm or "university". This is regardless of whether we know them personally or not. And just like how you don’t know anyone from other universities, such as IOIU for example, we don’t really know angels or angel families from the other realms either. It wasn't like that in the past. But since most of our generation grew up with no parents or families, we really didn't socialize much with older angels". 

Sejeong started examining the angel wings Daniel had given me, “These are much too small, you do know that they will never keep you up in the air?”. “Yeah, they don’t make them angel sized, just regular”, I joked and she chuckled, “So the covens are all still coming tonight right?”. Sejeong nodded, “They are way too fascinated by this whole day to not show up”. “Good... good... and uhm, Ong will be back too; in time? I mean... how long does the whole uhm journey, I guess, take?”, I blabbered. She laughed, “He was right, it is cute when you talk about angel things”. I blushed awkwardly. Did he really say that to her? “Yeah he will be back in time. He said he has to stay close to you; something about you going looking for candy?”, she looked puzzled. “It’s cute when angels talk about human things too”, I smiled.  

~~~~~~~

Sejeong helped me with my hair and wings, “Well, you would fit in well up there”, she winked. “Thank you", I looked in the mirror and was quite pleased by my own sight, "Soooo... I’m going to do something and you aren’t really going to understand it. But I’m not crazy… I swear!”. I stepped out onto my balcony and giggled to myself. Suddenly I felt too embarrassed to say the words. I looked around, to make sure there was no one in sight. “O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?”, I recited. I held my cheeks and laughed at my sillyness. My laughter turned into surprise after a few seconds, because right before my eyes, Daniel appeared below me. The knight costume had fit him so well; he looked more beautiful than the Romeo’s in any literature, play or movie. So this was how Juliet felt that night on her balcony, when her true love appeared. Daniel got down on one knee and held his hand out to me. I looked at him, bewildered by his arrival and his actions, until he started to speak:

“But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?”

“It is the east, and Juliet is the sun”

“Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon”

“Who is already sick and pale with grief”

“That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she”

Oh! My! Gosh! I gasped with wonderful delight. I was not the only one trying to reenact the balcony scene; Daniel was doing it too! He had quoted Romeo perfectly.

“It is my lady. Oh, it is my love”

“Oh, that she knew she were!”

He wished that I knew how much he loved me? How could I not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter